More War? Obama Mobilizes For War In Syria.

1lluminated1

The most powerful thing we can know in the universe is an idea. They compel people to behave in so many ways. We have all seen unwavering belief, and the consequences, for good or ill. What we are seeing with Islam in particular, and middle eastern and western religion in general, has not been peaceful. Separating Church from State helps to clarify that we are all violent pricks, but with diminished myths to compel us. Islam has not, to my mind, arrived at that point, and can be counted as contributing to the problem in large part for that reason, and compels people to violence who may or may not otherwise be inclined toward it. Muslims do not have the market on violence cornered by any stretch of the imagination, but are in our faces with it.

Noam Chomsky has some interesting work on the issue, and maintains that Israel is at the core of the problem. He is the perfect tonic for getting rid of that bloated, nauseated feeling you get after a couple of minutes watching Fox News.

All religions have their bad sects! ALL not just islam, I have met many people of islam from turkey , lebanon, syria and israel, no all of them countrys have christians, muslim, and judism, just like in our country, we have so many dif sects of christianity its like unbelievable, we have many dif sects of islam here also, now let me just explain a lil simple thing to you, when a person gets put into our prison system they either become christian or muslim for the most parts, blacks usualy become islam, whites usualy become either a version of kkk or just plain black people haters, same for the muslim blacks, I believe if they were nieghbors in the real world both would be christian, the white folks will be catholic and the black folks would be baptist!  If im wrong please point it out to me, (i totaly am not being prejudice) ive seen the good the bad and the ugly!  and I realy dont like it, but im not in control, if I was we would all love each other and figure the religion thing out for our selves!

I can tell ya if a bunch of dif people of all religion and beilieved in helping their neighbors, we would be best neigbors and friends!

Peace

Jim

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Western religions are Christian.  Sorry that I was not clear.

There is something more fundamental about people that has nothing to do with religion, and that drives us to violence and evil. Likewise there are characteristics that exhibit in what is called good. Religion gives them both form. It can be and has been used to incite us to either. Be that as it may, Islam has an uncomfortable association with the bad, given history and current real events. There is no reason to believe Muslims would be any more or less violent or good without it, but when we see masses of people who it is shown run their agendas with religion as their principal motivator, it is real easy to make the connection. IF those countries were to separate the state religion from the state, we might find otherwise, but that is not assured. It can be said that it holds its members together to meet its purpose, one of which is to kill all infidels. That is anyone who is not Muslim.

There have been wars fought between Muslim and Christian neighbors even in recent times. This occurs in Egypt with the recent change in government and has been an issue for more than a thousand years. Africa has continuing conflict. Indonesia has been involved in my lifetime. Being neighbors does not often good neighbors make. The Bosnia war of the nineties involved genocide against Muslims, who were killed by the thousands, and tens of thousands who were exiled from their homes. History is a long, continuing lesson that we never learn.

We are not much better than rats and cockroaches, if at all.

Edited by GregS

Any of you  Bravehearts been in the service ?  Remember Agent Orange? Know anyone who got some on them ? Not likely you'd know any of the other 1,000,000 Victims either, since you weren't born there.  

Agent Orange: 

... using it there 1961-1971 ...

"...But in 1969, it was revealed to the public that the 2,4,5-T was contaminated with a dioxin, 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzodioxin (TCDD), and that the TCDD was causing many of the previously unexplained adverse health effects which were correlated with Agent Orange exposure.[16] TCDD has been described as

"perhaps the most toxic molecule ever synthesized by man".

Internal memoranda revealed that Monsanto (a manufacturer of 2,4,5-T) had informed the U.S. government in 1952 that its 2,4,5-T was contaminated.[18]

In the manufacture of 2,4,5-T, accidental overheating of the reaction mixture easily causes the product to condense into the toxic self-condensation product TCDD. At the time, precautions were not taken against this unintended side reaction, which caused also the Seveso disaster in Italy in 1976."

'joie de vivre'

Edited by solabeirtan

If Obama actually was "mobilizing" for war, wouldn't that mean the draft was reinstated?

We went to Volar (volunteer army) back in 1972. (pay raise) Doesn't seem to work all that well, judging by all the reservists on active duty. As well, the multiple tour strategy. ie: Maximize your minimal training, investment. Enjoy the HUGE ROI. Didn't see too many body bags at all, eh.

'Cept when the occasional time they got caught, flying the bodies on Commercial Flights and the other passengers were treated to a Military Honor Guard .  We're almost finished? in Iraq, Afghanistan. 

Haven't we heard this narrative before? 

Will the Americans see through this facade before their country is thrust into yet another war?

I cant stand obama, but Im glad we have a new war to watch on t.v!!!!   all of my fav t.v shows are about to wrap up for the summer, its a good time to squeez a war in :drinking-coffee:

Hey do you know what channel is showing the most, I hope it isnt cnn!

Peace,,,oops I mean war, what it is your good for! not absolutly nothing, but it does help clear out the ammo that is running out of shelf life!

Jim

We went to Volar (volunteer army) back in 1972. (pay raise) Doesn't seem to work all that well, judging by all the reservists on active duty. As well, the multiple tour strategy. ie: Maximize your minimal training, investment. Enjoy the HUGE ROI. Didn't see too many body bags at all, eh.

'Cept when the occasional time they got caught, flying the bodies on Commercial Flights and the other passengers were treated to a Military Honor Guard .  We're almost finished? in Iraq, Afghanistan. 

Yeah, I know how the military works.  My comment was about the language used in the title of the post.  Mobilization means the country is gathering up it's soldiers.  On one extreme, that would mean gathering the troops that are already available and preparing them for invasion, which isn't happening, and on the other end, it would mean the draft, which isn't happening.

What I'm refuting is the statement that Obama is "mobilizing" for war.  Do you remember back in January 2001?  Now that was mobilization!  There's no mobilization going on right now.

Dont you have a son in the Marines Jim? Is he getting out soon ?

He is a lifer! he wont be seeing any action, the only way he is going out of the states is if he chooses a job out of states, and I wouldnt put it past him!  My son had like a 3.85 gpa, I begged him to go to school any school but I was hoping for central, I would have been able to visit him and you brother!  Our military, marines, army, airforce and navy are no longer just american citizens, our government took over their brain when they put them thru boot camp  and brain washed them, its amazing the change you see in like 16 wks, and than they send you to hand to hand combat! shhhhh dont tell any one that most of our military is brain washed and taught to kill, even if it isnt the job they are doiing!!!!!!!

Peace  sounds like he will be in the marine for at least 20 yrs, he doesnt plan on going to officer school so the highest rate of pay wlll be E-9, and maybe live on base for the next few yrs, his wife is already done, she has a doctorate in physcology, she hasnt spent a dime on her schooling. 

Peace

Jim

I hear ya on that brain washing thing. Especially the Marines. It is admirable, though, a bit scary.  I've met a few. It's from a different era. 

Chivalric code

20/20 hindsight: That was probably the one opportunity I let slip by, was not taking them up on the West Point offer. This was a 10 year commitment. I wouldn't be out till I was 27 or 8. Nearly 30. It would be like 1984, or something.  My life would be half over. Wrong.

The way I figured then:  I wanted OCS Officer Candidate School [6 months concurrent with tour] It was 1971 

I was like 18, when I got out I would be 21. With my GI Bill I would get a degree in Mech.Eng in 4 years. 1977 BSeng. No problem? Wrong! 

Their GI bill is a little better now, I think. I would of had a Civil Engineering degree + Experience if I listened to them. That wooda been 30 years ago. Either way Im 62 this year and Im retiring.

Keep pushin him on the education thing, Jim. Either way he sounds like he's doing allright ...