Michigan Foodstamp Program Soon To Require Drug Tests

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It served it's intended purpose to point out the absurdity of imposing your ideas of morality and lightened the subject. .

It did indeed lighten the subject.  As far as serving the purpose to point out my "absurdity" is a matter of opinion. 

With the case of mmj, I KNOW it is not federally recognized as medicine.  I choose to utilize it for my medical conditions, I choose to take the risk.  I am aware of the risk and I choose to utilize it anyway.  I do not ABUSE any drug nor am I asking for state aid.  It dosen't make me better than someone who uses any other substance....I never claimed it did.  I am better than no one.  I try to respect all life.

I suppose the biggest difference is, I would go without ANYTHING to make sure my child was clothed and fed, as any parent should.  The F.I.P program is for people with children, to help them make ends meet, if I needed that help, I would be desperate enough to give up anything required to receive it!!  

The whole point is it isn't a prerequisite currently nor  should it be made so.

You are correct, it is not yet a preequisite.  You believe the point is that it shouldn't be so....You have a right to that opinion.  I respect that.  I also have the right to my opinion.  I do not see the major problem if it is to become a preequisite.   Everything we do in life has rules and guidelines, especially those things that come "free". 

I suppose that leads me back to my repeated question of:  Since when are citizens ENTITLED to receive "free" money from the state?    What is to stop people from abusing the program if their are no "rules"?

We all pay taxes into that program as well.  Those people pay taxes into the welfare program just the same as everyone.  It's time limited, income limited, minimal and humane. 

The "right" was passed into law many years ago.  It isn't "free". Everyone pays money into welfare via taxes.

We all pay taxes into that program as well.  Those people pay taxes into the welfare program just the same as everyone.  It's time limited, income limited, minimal and humane. 

The "right" was passed into law many years ago.  It isn't "free". Everyone pays money into welfare via taxes.

If it was a "right" without regulation, it would be available to us all.  

Perhaps you have the statistics on how many receive this program that have NEVER worked.  I do not need to re-read the guidelines of the program, as even those say there are exceptions.  You speak as if everyone on this program deserves it and are working class.  If that were the case, we wouldn't have to implement more regulation.  Just like the 48 month time frame that has been in place for years, that is just now being implemented this year. 

I have stated my opinions on this.  Unless there is new information posed or inaccuracies that I feel compelled to speak up on, I am over repeating the same points.  I have now spent half of my day off on this forum.  (SIGH)

Now you want others to speak out against my opinion too?  Opinions are just that, not a matter of "right and wrong" here.    Perhaps you are assuming too much.   How do you concur marijuana is my "drug of choice"?  Do you not agree that there are many drugs on the list that are potentially DANGEROUS if abused?   Do not try to put words into MY mouth.  You do a good job of ignoring points and questions offered at you and hurling your own back.  GREAT WORK!  Just the kind of behavior that deters people from coming here to the 3MA!! 

Go n.g go n.g lmao!  ok seperate go to a nutral corner and come out fighting again, lmao!

Peace

Jim

FIA?  Family Independence A?

The department use to be called the Family Independence Agency. The name seem to change every 3 years or so

Back in the day, you could only buy domestic foods with food stamps; you could buy caviar so long as it came from US waters. . Now most of the food consumed in the country is from some other country.  Heck, the US exports oranges around the world, and imports orange juice.  

When I was with the USDA, the crackdown was on businesses, now it’s on the people. Maybe I’m missing something, but if the businesses did what they are suppose to, as they are suppose to, there would be little wrong that the people could do.  I remember this one store that was opened 1 maybe twice a month. It did over a million dollars in food stamp sales.

Edited by Ms Chocolate

She was found in a motel bathroom with scald burns over most of her body.  It appears she was with other people at the motel and she OD'd.  Apparently the people with her thought she was dead and put her in the bathtub, turned the hot water on and left.  She doesn't remember anything.  She's in the hospital burn unit now and will be OK.  Pretty messed up though.

This follows on his other daughter having someone shot in her front yard last week.  He's a little freaked out right now.

First they drug tested the FIP recipients, and I didn't care because I wasn't on FIP

Then they drug tested the Section 8 recipients, and I didn't care because I didn't use Section 8.

Then they drug tested all the Social Security recipients..............

When did that happen? I get social security benefits, the state even gave me a discount on my card because of it.

• 3 months later...

how is north carolina's republican governor better than our republican governor?

North Carolina Governor Vetoes Welfare Drug Test Bill

North Carolina Gov. Robert McCrory ® Thursday vetoed a welfare drug testing bill pushed through the legislature by his Republican colleagues.

“This is not a smart way to combat drug abuse,” McCrory continued. “Similar efforts in other states have proved to be expensive for taxpayers and did little to actually help fight drug addiction. It makes no sense to repeat those mistakes in North Carolina.”