Which Soil?

williams2311

I don't have a big head in fact I stay chill...I have been to dozens of dispensaries before they were illegal and about 6 since they changed the rulings up.

I see what the meds are going around....and from what I have in my own network.  I know what is what..that's all man.  I just have only encountered 2 growers that were better than me.  one is in Dearborn and I forgot his name sadly..but he was running Strawberry Diesel or was it strawberry Kush..?  hmm...long week ...a close friend of mine had her BF of 5 which she was engaged to hang him self. 

The other grower I will not name because his head is bigger than mine..LOL. But a few people know him on these boards.  haaha

Maybe you didn't get a good cross-section of other growers' meds when you shopped at dispensaries.  There are definitely two different kinds of growers.  1)  The smart ones who (rightfully) believed all along that selling overages to dispensaries is illegal and, therefore, chose to focus on quality rather than quantity.  and 2.)  The ones who wanted to make a career out of growing weed and focused on quantity/overages over quality. 

Maybe you didn't get a good cross-section of other growers' meds when you shopped at dispensaries.  There are definitely two different kinds of growers.  1)  The smart ones who (rightfully) believed all along that selling overages to dispensaries is illegal and, therefore, chose to focus on quality rather than quantity.  and 2.)  The ones who wanted to make a career out of growing weed and focused on quantity/overages over quality. 

I have been to all the big boys in the biz here in MI and frankly there are few and far that go to the lengths and procedures/processes that i think is required to be called TRIPPLE AAA medical.  Or Master Organically grown.

No idea of what, who or where you stand but I simply am stating my personal opinion about the lack of quality I have seen in the past 5 years.  This is not limited to dispensaries but to Caregiver's as well.  I know alot of people are real quick on this site to hate and chirp in about just about everything but the reality is that to procure the HIGHEST quality there are steps that cannot be side stepped. 

i agree there are tons of guys that pull down weight that is pure steroided Hydro or chemical laiden grown Med MJ.  But I do not even consider that stuff medicine.  When you look at the chemicals and the levels of metals in them you see the bigger picture.

I am not nor ever will focus on weight because I cannot give that to my patients or ingest myself so that type is not even relative.

Hope this helps.  I guess alot of people see what I say as being arrogant but when you do good work and are proud of what you procure it's a different type of energy.

Edited by motorcitymeds

I have been to all the big boys in the biz here in MI and frankly there are few and far that go to the lengths and procedures/processes that i think is required to be called TRIPPLE AAA medical.  Or Master Organically grown.

No idea of what, who or where you stand but I simply am stating my personal opinion about the lack of quality I have seen in the past 5 years.  This is not limited to dispensaries but to Caregiver's as well.  I know alot of people are real quick on this site to hate and chirp in about just about everything but the reality is that to procure the HIGHEST quality there are steps that cannot be side stepped. 

i agree there are tons of guys that pull down weight that is pure steroided Hydro or chemical laiden grown Med MJ.  But I do not even consider that stuff medicine.  When you look at the chemicals and the levels of metals in them you see the bigger picture.

I am not nor ever will focus on weight because I cannot give that to my patients or ingest myself so that type is not even relative.

Hope this helps.  I guess alot of people see what I say as being arrogant but when you do good work and are proud of what you procure it's a different type of energy.

I don't suggest that your approach is arrogant.

My own observations are that the very best growers stay low-key and don't sell and haven't sold surpluses to any dispensary.  It almost seems to be age-related.  The younger crowd looking to get rich while the seasoned/older crowd just wants to keep practicing their craft.  So I'd assume/conclude (based on experience)  (at the risk of assuming) that a good portion of the dispensary suppliers are wannbees.  For the most part, the best meds are still off the radar.

I don't suggest that your approach is arrogant.

My own observations are that the very best growers stay low-key and don't sell and haven't sold surpluses to any dispensary.  It almost seems to be age-related.  The younger crowd looking to get rich while the seasoned/older crowd just wants to keep practicing their craft.  So I'd assume/conclude (based on experience)  (at the risk of assuming) that a good portion of the dispensary suppliers are wannbees.  For the most part, the best meds are still off the radar.

i agree for the most part.

"Money is a symbol of duty, for doing for mankind what mankind wanted done."

Opportunity like hunger, could be costly to ignore. 

Money is also a part of our daily lives...someone has to pay Consumers Energy..!!  We all need money to eat, clothe ourselves, ppay taxes so others can live off the system and not rob to eat..lol

You get the point though..haha

Money is also a part of our daily lives...someone has to pay Consumers Energy..!!  We all need money to eat, clothe ourselves, ppay taxes so others can live off the system and not rob to eat..lol

You get the point though..haha

Oh yeah, got it? I had  it, was tryin to pass it around. Save some for me.... ha ha! Enjoy! It can be quite versatile in tendin our needs. keep up the good work, mcm! 

I use cheap home depot $10 premier 3.0 bale perlite Bird/Bat Gunnos, good baterica & worm castings.. I make guanno teas 1 day before watering and use air stone in water to help mix & pump air into mixture... I get really great quality & average 1-3 oz yields on a 2-3 ft plant.. In fact I take strains from other growers & not to toot my own horn but quality is always better than them hands down... And yet I spend wayyyy less on Nutes & soil... Also I do reuse some of the soil so I don't have to buy perlite everytime haha... But most of it just gets dumped into my outdoor gardens..

I'm trying out the go box by general organics.. I got it on ebay for $40 like 6-7 bottles of goodies in there..

I guess my question is should I bother changing what works? Or should I do an experiment and only use it on certain plants?

I use cheap home depot $10 premier 3.0 bale perlite Bird/Bat Gunnos, good baterica & worm castings.. I make guanno teas 1 day before watering and use air stone in water to help mix & pump air into mixture... I get really great quality & average 1-3 oz yields on a 2-3 ft plant.. In fact I take strains from other growers & not to toot my own horn but quality is always better than them hands down... And yet I spend wayyyy less on Nutes & soil... Also I do reuse some of the soil so I don't have to buy perlite everytime haha... But most of it just gets dumped into my outdoor gardens..

I'm trying out the go box by general organics.. I got it on ebay for $40 like 6-7 bottles of goodies in there..

I guess my question is should I bother changing what works? Or should I do an experiment and only use it on certain plants?

If your question is "do you seek more"..then try more.  i think what you are doing is good.  Not bad Not over the top either.  Ok..would be a good reply.

I tried 10 diff types of dirt before settling on Roots Organics "original" and "Grenfields" in conjunction. I use an Amendment that is super rich in Microbials.  I prefer not to say which type of bag it is...but that is my hint. a .5 gallon bag...lol

Roots Organics nutes, dirt and Oregonism is a must for the Organic farmer.  Along with both General Organics Vegg and Bloom, along this GO's bloom booster.  Then Roots Organics Vegg and Bloom in conjunction with the GO line.  I use 2 teaspoons of both,every watering.  Some go every day but I push my plants to the max.  Room this time of year is 78-82 with C02. Also put in Trinity for sugars/microbes. 

Also once a week use Roots Vegg and Bloom "uprising" green and red bag of bird poo along with calmag by GO 1-2 teaspoon in flower.

When I say I ran 10 types of dirt that is not a embellishment either.  I kept not liking one thing with each bag I tried every crop, until about 4 yrs ago finally settled on The Roots Organics, it has everything you need and allows for rapid growth.  Cocoa is awesome as well because you can get close to hydro results but it is just not the same as Roots Organics soil.  The flowers just come out so much more Dank when you go full organic and use an array of sugars, microbes and bloom boosters etc.  Hydro and Cocoa simply allow for a more direct uptake so naturally with a direct uptake it allows the plant to do more.  Imagine working out....a person well fed with Protein and a right amount of good carbs can sustain longer durations of stress/excercise.  Now a person with the same everything with low protein/sugar intake cannot perform the same durations/intensity..etc.  Same thing with plants..they all need NPK but it's what is in between the NPK that makesw the world of difference.

Pick up the book "Botany for Gardners" by Brian Capon.  It will open your eyes to a entire new world on what is going on in the soil

If I was not a CG I would not go this style but because I ethically cannot ingest harsh chemicals into my body..so I go the extra mile.  after all i only have 1 life so I grow cleaner to not only my body but also to the environment means so much to me as a human being.

Peace...long freakin day.

Edited by motorcitymeds

There is some good meds at a few low key disp, you wont see adds or websites for them tho. Just have to know where to go. But what do you expect, huge influx of new growers, no where to take there meds and ofcoarse money is why there growing, not just because they love the art...disp guy: "500 a qp" new grower: , "deal". Hence all the crap sold in these places. 3 years ago i bought a gram of og for 25 dollars, was supposed to be there best of the best...bunny muffin poped, and sparked. I through it i. The tray and there it sat until someone else came along and didnt mind there buds throwing lightning bolts at them.

On a dif note mcm, i just ordered some blessings og, a ten pack. Couldnt find Anything on it tho, a few journals about it being crossed with something else. Test journals i think, didnt read them. What should i expect outa her?any ideas

Yes I agree a very long time ago I used Miracle Crap... It worked but the taste was not great to say the least... After that I vowed I would never use chemcial or synthetic enginered nutes again...

When I go into a grow store & tell them what I use and they laugh and say. Well thats great if you want quality?!?!

But to get Quanity you need to go with these bottles of chemical garbage...  They told me that General Organics is the worst yielding line they have?!? So that's why I thought I would ask some questions. Because this go box is slightly cheaper than what I normaly use...

Last year I grew Master Kush among a few others.. I swear I could of won the cannibis cup with the MK no lie... In fact because of that this grower won't donate cuts to me no more.  In my world their is only 2 ways to go Quanity with average quality or high Quality with average yields ...

There is some good meds at a few low key disp, you wont see adds or websites for them tho. Just have to know where to go. But what do you expect, huge influx of new growers, no where to take there meds and ofcoarse money is why there growing, not just because they love the art...disp guy: "500 a qp" new grower: , "deal". Hence all the crap sold in these places. 3 years ago i bought a gram of og for 25 dollars, was supposed to be there best of the best...bunny muffin poped, and sparked. I through it i. The tray and there it sat until someone else came along and didnt mind there buds throwing lightning bolts at them.

On a dif note mcm, i just ordered some blessings og, a ten pack. Couldnt find Anything on it tho, a few journals about it being crossed with something else. Test journals i think, didnt read them. What should i expect outa her?any ideas

Not tried or tested the Blessing OG so I cannot say one way or the other.  But pretty much all gages work  is tight.

I would also look into Bodhi he has some super dank bunny muffin.  I ran his Goji and kept a few.  Also have Bodhi's Ancient OG and his

"Lucky Charms" but have yet to crack them.  Had a lot of personal issues going on this month with a death of a friend and issues with my GF's baby daddy so I had to chill a bit.  However I plan to crack a few packs this fall.

The JoJo Og is very frosty but I have found on the Underdawg that it is not as stable as the Grape Stomper OG hybrids.

If you can get the "Bright Moments" if they re-release it in seed form hop on it.  I always have a credit card or debit card ready with money on it if I see a line I have been hunting for.

Let me know how the blessing OG comes out.

I use advanced, its not what you use, its how you use it.

Are you using Advanced Nutrients synthetics or organics..?   Do they have a full organic line?  I won't dog ya because you use Advanced but I choose to not use them because of all the base metals in them.  But hey if your happy it's all good.  I just have no desire for chemicals in my meds even in trace amounts.

Can I see some pics of your meds..?  send me a PM.  interested to see how your doing with Advanced.

we both know what is up on that 500 a QP crap....you get what you pay for.  if the blessing OG has JoJO OG or OG JO in it it will stretch so once u cull the males start topping the females.  However I suffer thru letting them grow out on a first run without topping them so I get the full idea of how a strain will run un-adulterated by me manipulating it.  So consequently I can get some really retarded jack in the bean stocks that i have to push inthe middle of my room so they don't hit lights.  My ceilings are not super tall.  But once I get what a strain does I definitely begin the process of manipulating them.

I just ordered the Mendo Montage from Gage because I want to try and get a Purps strain again.  In my first few years being legal i had this infatuation with anything Deep Chunk....lol..I literally ran like 10 Deep Chunk crosses.  Then one day I woke up and switched over to an OG infatuation.  Now pretty much everything is OG, Chemdawg or other weird strains in my med garden.  lol

I highly suggest picking up a pack of chemdawg bx3 by ISP available from cannazon or hempdepot.  THis Chemdawg Bx3 is probably my most potent strain also my hardest to grow.  But if your willing to devote lots of time and energy into 1 strain this chemdawg is the real deal and is my most star...however she is my most difficult to control.  She is not a heavy feeder, does not like anything, cold, water in excess, wind not so much an issue.  But she beats all of the DNA and other big seed house Chems and OG-Diesels  by a landslide.  ISP's Chem Bx3 literally smells of jet fuel-kerosene-fuel-skunk-funk-must. 

Packs are only  75.00 which to once I found out how potent it is would pay 250.00 a pack if they stopped releasing it.  I gave it to one patient and she sent me pictures of how she re-arranged her entire office, kitchen cabinets, supply room ...i was like uhhh  oookk...so its that good it made you turn into OCD woman.  I suggest trying out ISP's Chem Bx3.

Ohh....I am also investigating "AfterLife OG by exoticgentix.  they seem to be another small Cali company.  They had their "AfterLife OG" tested at like 21% which is not bad.  It had hardly NO CBD in it...that was my only issue.  And patients need the CBD for pain. 

Edited by motorcitymeds

Yes I agree a very long time ago I used Miracle Crap... It worked but the taste was not great to say the least... After that I vowed I would never use chemcial or synthetic enginered nutes again...

When I go into a grow store & tell them what I use and they laugh and say. Well thats great if you want quality?!?!

But to get Quanity you need to go with these bottles of chemical garbage...  They told me that General Organics is the worst yielding line they have?!? So that's why I thought I would ask some questions. Because this go box is slightly cheaper than what I normaly use...

Last year I grew Master Kush among a few others.. I swear I could of won the cannibis cup with the MK no lie... In fact because of that this grower won't donate cuts to me no more.  In my world their is only 2 ways to go Quanity with average quality or high Quality with average yields ...

If a grow store told you GO is the worst "yielding" line they carry that right their tells you the guy is retarded.  Literally just stupid.  Yield is 80% Genetics, strong genetics will shine thru.  If your soil is good then you will get decent results.  I use Roots Organics and GO both at the same time.  Along with Calmag, and sugars and bloom boosters later after like week 4-6.5.  Then towards the end I taper things off then the last few days just water.  I really cannot tell the diff in my smoke from no water cleanse versus water the last few days.  The thing I do notice is the leaves die off or change colors if I cut off nutrients.  If I want to cut a cycle short say 10 days or so I can always go straight water and it can shave off 3-5 days easily when you cut off the food.  But you will see yield reduction if you do this.  But sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. .. Like get the Consumers Enrgy bill paid...lol

Ignore what the grow store stoners say, run your own tests and see what the tastes are and how the plant reacts to what. ..I ran FoxFarm soils, a few MI companies, until I settled with how Roots Organics soils made the plants taste, smell and look super healthy.

I did Coco and had issues with it because I was not used to messing with the nute levels but Coco once mastered can be awesome but you have to stay on top of everything with Coco.  Using Coco is probably better going the chemical routw because of the uptake process in Coco.  The CEC ratio can be high with Coco if you do it right.  But I opted against the yield of hydro and Coco and went back to Roots Organics because of how the plants are so easy to grow in it.  Roots Organics has sucha diverse mix that it almost like being in between Coco and a crap dirt like Happy Frog.

Here is a tip though if you want to pull down half lbs to pounders in dort you have to jump to 15-20 gallon containers and 2 month vegg from a very healthy clone that has established roots already.  Yield is a experience thing.  I hate talking about yields on here but it's all relative.

Edited by motorcitymeds

Yah, blessing has jojo in it. Ill let her go natural first run, always do. Supposed to have the og structure wich im pretty used too. I was looking at mendo montage also but opted for the og. I run a chocolate chunk, have for a few years now. Nothing touches it, fan favorite at last years cup, my buddys ran the cuts i gave em and entered it. Very picky she is tho, not hard at all to end up with a too big of a plant and loose buds.

Probably going to order a mixed gems pack they have there too, was only like 50 bones, maybe ill get lucky lol

Imo tho,if you do a good strong flush where plant starts to cannablize itself , it dont matter much what you use, as long as it burns clean im happy, my patients are happy, everyone wins.

At the cellular level though the plants uptake all impurities.  And that is just why I personally will never do hydro or chemical dirt.  When you get to a certain point in life there are just things you are willing to do and not do.

Because of my lifestyle choices I cannot do Chemical bud. whether it be dirt or hydro.  I think science in the end will show us what is what . .regarding the plants ability to uptake toxins and pass it onto the flower or not to.

Personally I bellieve we are already at the level of proof that all plants will uptake base metals and minerals.  But it is the level that get passed onto human consumption that is the debate part.

If your happy with trace amounts of metals in your product...hey thats cool.  I just choose to try and live organically.  I find myself more at peace knowing I am not intaking rapid ready in my food or ingesting metals in my buds.

I think we have gone around and around this thru and thru.  It's just like when I  go to the grocery store...I see severaly obese people on government assistance buying candy, pop, chips, etc, everytime I go to the store and I just wonder wtf is wrong with these people.  How can they eat themselves into oblivion then get government insurance.  When I eat organics and choose to eat and live as healthy as I can yet I have to pay taxes and some of my money goes to this stuff.  people are just lazy and want the easy way and don't want to make the right choices.  How can people eat themselves to fatness...?  They are lazy and weak.  i think some of this can be true to growing as well...some just want weight and are lazy so they choose an easy route.  This is not directed at you Pergamum.  But it is what it is...people see some shiet called "bud candy" and see some chic in a bikini on the label and think that is cool they put a chic on it.  (laughin in my beavis n buthead laugh) huh..huh, huhh..

Everything we (man) touch we do for profit...not for the well being of mankind.  So think about this when yougo shopping for food or nutrients.  So the less stepped on things are by man the odds are that it is better for us.   Nature is perfect in every way.  MAN IS FLAWED IN ABSOLUTELY EVERYWAY.

So who knows and I can't really type anymore on this subject.  everybody is right and everyone has a PHD and nobody is wrong...LOL.

So lets all go eat some GMO chips, meat , down some pop, and smoke some CHEMICAL CANDY BUD<<<<<..!!!!!   LOL...LOL, and top it all off with a Marlboro MENTHOL for a treat..!!   ahahahahh

You are absolutely right on people being lazy. The second i start adding too much weight to my body, i start my regiment again. America is obese, mcdonalds, burger king etc, i absolutely refuse to eat this crap, my gamertag on xbox is actually a reference to how bad these foods are. When i did eat at these places, i would litterally feel tired immediately after eating it, just an immediate lack of motivation.

On the growing, everyone has there way, just the way it is. Everyones is superior to the next for this reason or another. Cant be helped.

Lol i dont even debate it on any forums anymore, its worn out, and a waste of time. Anytime i post on the subject now, its not for debate, just for info purposes. Kids...dont believe everything you read on the web.

I have a friend that is stuck on Bubble buckets.  He uses Ionic Hydro line pricey$$$ ... His Veg is awesome I must say.. But the second he goes in to flower room its all down hill.. His plants stretch leafs turn yellow at week 3-4 and ends up with low quailty popcorn bunny muffins lol..  Yet his stalks are increadibly thick. I have been trying to get him to use soil at least for flower & go orgainc with a few of his pots. But some people's ego's are bigger than their flowers... He has not even grown a full year, jumped right into hydro whatever. I know another guy that gets great yields this way but once again quality is just not there...

Edited by peacefulfield

I have a friend that is stuck on Bubble buckets.  He uses Ionic Hydro line pricey$$$ ... His Veg is awesome I must say.. But the second he goes in to flower room its all down hill.. His plants stretch leafs turn yellow at week 3-4 and ends up with low quailty popcorn bunny muffins lol..  Yet his stalks are increadibly thick. I have been trying to get him to use soil at least for flower & go orgainc with a few of his pots. But some people's ego's are bigger than their flowers... He has not even grown a full year, jumped right into hydro whatever. I know another guy that gets great yields this way but once again quality is just not there...

I think if your buddy grew in soil he would probably get more money and live a more satisfied life. ....maybe...lol