Need Help Grandpa Has Cancer

You don't think the discussion about naphtha extractions is helpful?  Can you be a bit more specific about what discussion matter you're trying to quell? 

I'm trying to let people know that "RSO" made from a naphtha extraction might be bad news.  Do you have an issue with this? 

Maybe you can better articulate what your concern is with regard to the direction of this discussion compared to the original intent to help Grandpa?

I'm trying to get people to understand that "RSO" might contain harmful petroleum products. 

I don't think Grandpa should be using a product that contains compounds similar to kerosene.  Maybe you can point me in another direction?  A new thread? 

How do you suggest we get others to understand that "RSO" will very likely contain harmful petroleum hydrocarbons??

Ahh .. the motive for trashing me out ..

Who told you that naphtha is the only thing to worry about?

When did you decide to attack the work of Rick Simpson?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a gram or 2 of honey oil any residual butane will likely vaporize naturally before you even use the oil.  Remember, butane vaporizes at just under 32 degrees F.  So pretty much the only thing left would be some of the impurities in the butane.

You are showing your lack of background ..

No .. it doesn't all just go away.

People will spend days cleaning up the resulting oil.

IF you consume the oil WITHOUT cleaning it up, it can cause brain lesions. And THAT is from the butane itself.

The RSO community has pretty much concluded that we have to determine the correct solvent for the job. Rick Simpson is pretty much useless for that. He seems to like it that way.

Someone posted something about people objecting to the use of hexane for extractions of food products. Nice to know that hexane is regularly considered "food grade."

i can add that i sometimes make butter.

myself and one of my patients who has chrons cannot ingest the BHO or RSO and tolerate it very well... it tends to upset our digestive track and cause more trouble then it helps.

i prefer to make my own Marmels (medicated caramel) with my extracted cannabutter

another of my patients only uses everclear and then makes rock candy or topical salves..

some people can't tolerate the residual elements left behind by a chemical stripping processes.

natural organic elemental isolation is going to be better every time in my personal opinion.

ice.

dry ice.

juice.

eaten directly

or dissolve in natural oils or fats.

i have made ice water extracted hash several times.

have not yet eaten it..

i should assume it would be as good if not better than BHO to eat..

it has all the elements of cannabis you want without the use of any solvents to extract it.

takes longer.

has to be decarboxolized.

yields are probably comparable.

also..

greg the omicron will use both nicotine cartridges and cannabis ones. i know someone who uses it for both...

and remember folks...

use caution when eating or vaporizing anything cannabis related.. the doses are concentrated and personal metabolism plays a factor in the relief achieved and duration of symptom control..

a newer person being exposed to cannabis treatments should start out slow and build up some tolerance a bit...

I like this. Not locked into it yet.

Turpenes .. There are those "other" compounds that are in cannabis.

Some of those solve into alcohol best. Some into hydrocarbon solvents. Some into water. There is a lot of overlap between these groups of cannabis compounds. There ARE some that are exclusive to one of the solvents only.

Temperatures used in the extraction process will change the resulting oil.

BECAUSE of Simpsons EGO he has left us hanging for years about identifying exactly what solvent he was using in Canada before he went on his long vacation. The main hint he has, in Run From the Cure, is that the "naphtha" he used had a boiling point lower than water.

Hexane might actually be the "naphtha" he used.

Ahh .. the motive for trashing me out ..

Who told you that naphtha is the only thing to worry about?

When did you decide to attack the work of Rick Simpson?

Maybe I missed it so maybe you can point it out but I don't see anywhere where anyone has said that naptha is the only thing to worry about.  This is more of your obfuscation.  You support the use of naptha and then get your arse handed to you so you confuse the issue by saying something like, "hey there are other things to worry about."  You should really try to man up once in a while.  Be a man peanut.  Step up and admit you are wrong instead of trying to now focus on other things "to worry about."  Man up.  Man up already.  Are you a little peanut or are you a man?

Maybe I missed it so maybe you can point it out but I don't see anywhere where anyone has said that naptha is the only thing to worry about.  This is more of your obfuscation.  You support the use of naptha and then get your arse handed to you so you confuse the issue by saying something like, "hey there are other things to worry about."  You should really try to man up once in a while.  Be a man peanut.  Step up and admit you are wrong instead of trying to now focus on other things "to worry about."  Man up.  Man up already.  Are you a little peanut or are you a man?

:)

Have you been drinking?

Edited by peanutbutter

Have you been drinking?

How many times to have I to say that my input is about naphtha and that naphtha contains petroleum compounds that will only boil off if you also boil off THC?

This is the discussion at hand.  Stop clouding things with irrelevant crap.

Please stop shifting the discussion.  I will criticize the methods of RS as long as the methods involve people making cannabis extracts that include hydrocarbons. It looks like you'll blindly support Rick Simpson's use of naphtha despite being presented with the facts I have shared with you.  This makes you the fool.

I could put this in childish terms like you do?  Would that help?  "Why do you want people to ingest petroleum compounds along with their cannabis?"  Do you get it now?

Naphtha contains hydrocarbons that boil off at 205C. THC boils off at 200C.  Do you see the problem now?  Or do you want to keep talking about some other problem?

Edited by Highlander

Have you been drinking?

Classic PB.

You post crap that is waaaay over your head.

Someone corrects you.

You attack the messenger or try to shift the argument to something else.

Remember your "battery acid" thread?

Here is a list of logical fallacies for you to review.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

You will find that asking "are you drunk" is covered in this list.

Edited by Highlander

Every news story about oil labs in houses exploding, is from butane.

House fires? other solvents.

Who made you omnipotent and able to shut down my input?

I am not omipotent.  I just happen to know more about this than you do.  I was haz-mat certified in 1995.  When did you get your certification?

I am not shutting down your input.  When did I do that?  This is another logical fallacy you employ/deploy when you paint yourself into a corner.  You realize that you're off-base, so you start cranking out the nonsense arguments and discussion.

I am asking that if you support naphtha use to extract cannabis that you also warn people that naphtha can include compounds that boil at 205C, so you can't boil them off without boiling off the THC.  For some reason, you don't want to accept this.

So let's focus on the matter at hand.

Do you believe/understand  that naphtha contains compounds that boil at 205C and that THC boils at 200C?  That is the one question I have for you.

Edited by Highlander

Naphtha contains hydrocarbons that boil off at 205C. THC boils off at 200C.  Do you see the problem now?  Or do you want to keep talking about some other problem?

Butane is a hydrocarbon.

bp of "naphtha" .. depends on which one you are talking about. Rick talked about the naphtha that boils below the bp of water.

Hexane has a bp that runs 66-70 C. So far that matches his description.

Edited by peanutbutter

I am not omipotent.  I just happen to know more about this than you do.  I was haz-mat certified in 1995.  When did you get your certification?

I am not shutting down your input.  When did I do that?  This is another logical fallacy you employ/deploy when you paint yourself into a corner.  You realize that you're off-base, so you start cranking out the nonsense arguments and discussion.

I am asking that if you support naphtha use to extract cannabis that you also warn people that naphtha can include compounds that boil at 205C, so you can't boil them off without boiling off the THC.  For some reason, you don't want to accept this.

So let's focus on the matter at hand.

Do you believe/understand  that naphtha contains compounds that boil at 205C and that THC boils at 200C?  That is the one question I have for you.

NOT the naphtha that Rick used. He used a "light naphtha." Any idea what that means?

I might have when I worked inside the labs of Dow or Dow Corning. As a lab tech.

Or maybe when I worked inside the plants as a general laborer.

Edited by peanutbutter

NOT the naphtha that Rick used. He used a "light naphtha." Any idea what that means?

If you were able to keep up with the information I have presented thus far, you would see that I already discussed the difference between light naphtha and heavy naphta and their associated boiling points.  Why do you keep representing information I already posted as if you are teaching me something?

You have been talking about using naphtha for years now.  And it wasn't until I dragged you kicking and screaming that you finally recognize the difference between light and heavy naphtha.

Apparently, you don't see the need/value to bring this to light when extractions are discussed.

It looks to me like you just learned something and you are now trying to make it look as if you had it covered all along.

The average person would never know there is a difference between light and heavy naphtha.  So when you advocate use of naphtha and don't educate people on the difference, you put them in harm's way.  I'm beyond trying to help you learn this, and I post only to help others avoid your incomplete information.

Edited by Highlander

I'll try to answer that again.

I don't recall. IF I did, it was more than 30 years ago.

Wow - really?

Let's get this straight.

You don't recall ever getting certified in haz-mats.

Yet for some reason, you feel you are qualified to work with them.

So you're comfortable that you haven't forgotten anything else.....you remember all of the health and safety matters involved and ONLY forgot if you got certified?

Wow!

Wow - really?

Let's get this straight.

You don't recall ever getting certified in haz-mats.

Yet for some reason, you feel you are qualified to work with them.

So you're comfortable that you haven't forgotten anything else.....you remember all of the health and safety matters involved and ONLY forgot if you got certified?

Wow!

LOL Dow Chemical seemed to think I was qualified.

LOL Dow Chemical seemed to think I was qualified.

Maybe "was" is the word you should be focusing on????

Why have you never, ever (until today) pointed out the difference between light and heavy naphtha despite having supported using naphtha for cannabis extracts for 4+ years?

A. You didn't think it was important/relevant?

B.  You didn't know better?

C.  You forgot?

Maybe "was" is the word you should be focusing on????

Why have you never, ever (until today) pointed out the difference between light and heavy naphtha despite having supported using naphtha for cannabis extracts for 4+ years?

A. You didn't think it was important/relevant?

B.  You didn't know better?

C.  You forgot?

Maybe I was banned at the time.

Maybe I was banned at the time.

Ok - got it.  Now it makes sense.

You were able to post in support of naphtha extractions but getting banned prevented you from also letting people know about all of the dangers of extracting with naphtha.

I see.

Dang.  Seems that when you got unbanned, you would have made it a priority to inform people of the dangers of using "naphtha."  I mean, shucks, you came out pretty strong against butane but just couldn't manage to go the extra step (would that be extra?) to tell people to avoid (especially) heavy naphtha?

Instead of using your unbanned self to reach out to inform people of the dangers of using naphtha, you instead started talking about hawking PB oil to legislators in Illinois. 

You got banned, and so you couldn't warn people of the dangers of extracting using "naphtha."  These are words you will own.  I wish you had made a better choice.

Edited by Highlander

Ok - got it.  Now it makes sense.

You were able to post in support of naphtha extractions but getting banned prevented you from also letting people know about all of the dangers of extracting with naphtha.

I see.

Dang.  Seems that when you got unbanned, you would have made it a priority to inform people of the dangers of using "naphtha."  I mean, shucks, you came out pretty strong against butane but just couldn't manage to go the extra step (would that be extra?) to tell people to avoid (especially) heavy naphtha?

Instead of using your unbanned self to reach out to inform people of the dangers of using naphtha, you instead started talking about hawking PB oil to legislators in Illinois. 

You got banned, and so you couldn't warn people of the dangers of extracting using "naphtha."  These are words you will own.  I wish you had made a better choice.

Please forgive me .. I must have missed it ..

When did someone fire off the starting gun for me to do what???

This is something I've been trying to work for a few years.

Do you have some sort of script that I should have read?

Please forgive me .. I must have missed it ..

When did someone fire off the starting gun for me to do what???

This is something I've been trying to work for a few years.

Do you have some sort of script that I should have read?

In dunno

but when you get on here and accuse people of wanting patients to blow themselves up and you're offering incomplete information yourself.....you need to write your own script and it dammmned well better be accurate and COMPLETE, which is hasn't been.

You've time and again supported using "naptha" without any detail such as I have presented.  So you bear the responsibility of informing people of the dangers.  Don't pretend.  The time for that is over.  Everyone already sees that you really didn't understand the "naphtha" you've advocated.

And instead of manning up and admitting that you learned something, you keep spinning this bizarre tapdance.

please get this back on track gentlemen...

you can bicker someplace else can't you?

people want to know about the dangers... disadvantages and the advantages..of all the types of extractions. 

this is a thread about someone asking for help with information pertaining to a loved ones cancer....

quit befuddling it with trash talking and get to the point about your methods and experience in extracts that may help the OP.

lets cite facts and data and leave the personal attack for someplace else PLEASE.

Why not Naptha?  I've tried Everclear and ISO 99% and by far the Naptha is the best consistency and honestly, results.  That's what Rick Simpson himself says to use.  It all flashes off, unlike the 99% ISO which leaves 1% of something behind.  We've treated so many different conditions with it, having GREAT success that it's hard to comprehend why there is an issue with it, if processed according to instructions.  Would love to understand your position.  Thanks!