Michigan Admits Major Error, Dissolves New Marijuana Conditions Panel

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oz, it is my opinion they just made a mistake.  Whether higher up's than the career people at LARA made a decision that they did not like the votes on PTSD and Parkinson's, no one I know would be privy to that information.  Personally I prefer to not think too conspiratorial about this.  However, you concerns may well have merit, I just do not know.

I can tell you this:  I do not think the Panel or the career LARA people anything but upstanding and honest.  This is not to say everyone agrees with each other across the board, but I personally see no conspiracy, and I got along well with everyone related to the Panel.

But because of this error, PTSD and Parkinson's are in fact dead in the water for now.  The new Panel, when back in session, will have to begin again.  So really the ball is back in the State's court as they must now assemble a new panel.

You may well be right about that. It just seems wayyyyyyy to convenient. Wether it is a conspiracy thing or not. Once again their incompetence has once again cost this community and many sick people yet another blow and it is growing very tiresome.

November 2014 is Atty Gen Schuette and Gov Rick Snyder's next date with the voters.

How will it end?  

Well a bunch of people need to switch their votes, and the Dems must come up with viable candidates.  The electorate's memory is short and their party affiliation strong... 

What I would like to know is what is the error?  Who on the board is not right?  Why can't the error just be fixed by simply replacing the panel member with the proper type member?  As far as I can tell they havent even told the panel what the real issue is.

There are 8 specific people that must be on the New Condition Panel.

(2) Members of the review panel shall include, but not be limited to, the Michigan chief medical executive and 7 appointed members of the advisory committee on pain and symptom management as described in MCL 333.16204a. The 7 review panel members from the advisory committee on pain and symptom management shall include 4 licensed physicians and 3 non-physicians.

There was only one crossover.

Oz, I didn't say it was right, but it is the way politics are.  Even more true amongst zealots.  It is nothing new, you can look back thru our entire history in America and even the world and lose count of all the documented incidents of political revenge.

Edited by SFC

Right now we can complain, because it was a lot of work to get those conditions approved.  Or we can simply go back and do it again with the next panel.  It is a bother, it is more days missing work and all the travel to Lansing.  But the patients need it, so in to the breech again we go brothers.  

See you in Lansing.

Dr. Bob

Oz, I didn't say it was right, but it is the way politics are.  Even more true amongst zealots.  It is nothing new, you can look back thru our entire history in America and even the world and lose count of all the documented incidents of political revenge.

It is that which we work against. Always have, just as those historical persons you speak of continue to persist in that practice, which ain't going away.

The old school boys will always have our brand of zealot in their azzez. I'm okay with that. Rather than tell myself that it isn't going away, so I may as well not bother, I'd much rather say that it ain't going away, and I'll have all the fun it affords.

... and their function was to make sure the "open meetings act" was followed, and to ensure we followed "Roberts Rules Of Order"....

...so THEY say. They were also no doubt spies who were reporting back to Schuette so that he could stay one step ahead of the panel.

I hate to go all paranoid about this stuff, but there is no doubt that Schuette is dead set against marijuana of all types, medical or recreational. Fortunately, people are beginning to realize that Republicans foment fear and hate in order to distract people from the true agenda: establishing a society in which money determines every outcome. Forget about democracy. Democracy is every true Republican's nightmare. I, for one, am really hoping that the 99% wake up and start voting in their own self interest and quit listening to the propaganda being shoveled by the monied class, of which Bill Schuette is a member.

I think the panel was gross incompetence(removal of celeste Clarkson head mmj program) and the higher ups were more than happy to use it to kill the petitions.  I actually do not think it was planned,  but a definite easy kill for Schuette and other heads of departments and such because it was a glaring oversite of a legal panel.

:-(

... and their function was to make sure the "open meetings act" was followed, and to ensure we followed "Roberts Rules Of Order"....

The fat blonde has no idea, doesn't know how to shut the hell up, and clearly likes nothing better than to hear herself talk. Parliamentary procedure will help to secure that crap, putting reasonable limits on her time.

Was the Open Meetings Act violated?

"the fat blonde"?

really?

that's how you choose to express yourself when defining a fellow human being?

i am perplexed and kinda disappointed in this comment...

incompetent or not...

i can't help but feel like no one deserves to be labeled in such a negative way...

Thank You to ALL that TRY

to Protect the Patient .....

Tarzan! Great to see you! We sure do miss you around here.

and I happen to agree with Tarzan and Green Buddha.

We are all very grateful for the all the people that have been fighting for us.

Thanks guys and don't let this BS get you down. They cannot keep us down, and demonize us forever.

Thanks ....

Glad to see you guys still hanging in there ...

With all these law Changes ,

It's MUCH SAFER to lay Low

and stay out of the Radar ...

Plus I've been to the Emergency Room twice now

and getting ready for another Surgery REAL SOON ...

Life Sure can be CraZy ...

Plus I'm still dealing w/ My neighbors BS ...

He Poisoned ALL my Tree down the property line ...

Just S0 tired of his Childish Games & Drama ...

But  Anyways ,

I just wanted to drop in and wish you

ALL a Wonderful Summer ....

I'm Hoping I get time this summer to Enjoy my Jeep ....

Plus I 'm hoping to have a small get together

for some Good Food , Good Meds (Bubba Kush) ,

Lotz of Fellowship & Huggz ....

If your EVERY up in this Area ?

Please Stop by ....

Sorry about the High jacking of the Thread ,

But I've Never been Good w/ Rules or the Law .... 

Edited by drtarzanmd

heck yes... good to c u doc.. :bighug:

miss you around here.. :yahoo-wave:

hope your surgery goes good.. i will say a few extra prayers  :angel:   be nice to those nurses :nurse:

not smoking cigarettes for over a year now isn't it? like a year and almost a half?   :goodjob:  i know that has to help your lungs and general health... good thing probably you gave those up when you did.. it will make it easier to recover I'll bet.

i wanna schedule a day to come and go for a ride in your jeep again only this time without the top :skydive:

see you soon... :jig:

have a great day and an amazing summer my friend. :blow-a-heart: