Hb 4271 Distribution Bill

Hayduke

So how(literally)does one go about attending this hearing?

Showing up on time is a big plus. If you wish to speak, find out if there are any requirements to meet that you will have to abide. Anybody??

There is the option too, to put written testimony in the public Committee files. Send copies to the clerk, and to each of the members of the Committee.

I would dress appropriate no doubt. Would not want to speak, just be a fly on the wall and hear first hand what is going on.

How does one find out what room the hearing is in?

I assume I can find directions to the Capital and parking and all that on line.

Only been to the Capital once and that was in 4th grade to sing in the rotunda lol.

I would dress appropriate no doubt. Would not want to speak, just be a fly on the wall and hear first hand what is going on.

How does one find out what room the hearing is in?

I assume I can find directions to the Capital and parking and all that on line.

Only been to the Capital once and that was in 4th grade to sing in the rotunda lol.

Hayduke is in the loop. How about it Bud?

It would be soo cool if you were to sing what you did then. I will throw money.

Shishka, it is on the fifth floor of the Anderson Building aka the House Office Building.  Room 521.  Be there a bit early, as there are not huge numbers of seats there.  It is just across the street (East) of the Capitol....

here is the State's notice:

House Standing Committee Meeting

Judiciary, Rep. Kevin Cotter, Chair

DATE: Thursday, May 23, 2013

TIME: 9:00 AM

PLACE: Room 521, House Office Building, Lansing, MI

AGENDA:
Testimony regarding the Distribution of Medical Marihauna in Michigan

Your simply not correct OG.

I don't need to argue it.

To accomplish what you are asking for, it would take a 75% vote to amend the MMMAct.

i just want to add

that it is NO problem for them to get 75%

they have no issues manipulating the group.. we all witnessed this last year when they passed all 4 bills... after they defeated two of them...

now... as an experiment..

print a new copy of the act and compare it to the original copy.

they changed a significant amount of the act when they added these new laws... they inserted multiple words and removed many others thereby changing significant portions of the act without the 75% ruling... they not only integrated the new changes... but tweaked many other areas... i am going to try to figure it out line by line.. but i am jammed up this month...

i looked at section 4 last night to help a friend..

i was looking for something specific and got caught up in the fact that the act changed so dramatically....

75% majority means nothing like i thought it would.

they will just close the door and make new deals until they have enough ammunition to alter whatever they want.

and if they can add a PC to the act...

they can add a provision for transfers into it from caregivers..or anywhere they want for that matter... and it can go along with the act and not be in conflict...

the question becomes why would they want to?  that would block their likely intent to have state level commercial growing facilities...(PC under oversight and regulation growing its own and paying tax from one location).

Shishka, it is on the fifth floor of the Anderson Building aka the House Office Building. Room 521. Be there a bit early, as there are not huge numbers of seats there. It is just across the street (East) of the Capitol....

here is the State's notice:

House Standing Committee Meeting

Judiciary, Rep. Kevin Cotter, Chair

DATE: Thursday, May 23, 2013

TIME: 9:00 AM

PLACE: Room 521, House Office Building, Lansing, MI

AGENDA:

Testimony regarding the Distribution of Medical Marihauna in Michigan

Thank you.

© If the individual requesting medical marihuana indicates

that he or she is a provisioning center agent, make a diligent,

good-faith effort to verify that the individual is a provisioning

center agent for a provisioning center that is allowed to operate

by a municipality.

There are a few references to a "provisioning center agent"......

In the context of this bill, it would appear that provisioning center agents do not need to be a registered patient or caregiver.  So basically, if a person works for a provisioning center or claims to, they will have the right to buy MMJ?? 

Maybe I am missing something here? 

NG

Yes. They are able to transfer between themselves(PC and PC agent).

MiB

What I was attempting to point out earlier was that the supreme court ruling on what the MMMA states is allowed really should not matter in the context of a new separate law. The point was made that the supreme court ruled on what the MMMA says, they did not rule on all other future laws that may be passed.IMO

so the only reason people are (rightly) apprehensive about this bill is because , due to crazy legislators, they can basically change it at will? and add anything anti-mmma they want?

of course its easy for them to get 75% , we saw it last year with right to work and the 3 mmma bills.

i still say 4856 isnt an mmma bill imo, needs a court challenge.

are people apprehensive because after they approve this bill, they will cut out personal grows?

in one state, i think you arent allowed to grow for yourself if there is a dispensary within 25 miles of you?

so it is a possibility. if this is the case that you are scared of, please state it so we know what the problem is and why we should also be wary.

i still dont think theres any snowball chance in hell that the legislature is going to approve of dispensaries in any shape or form.

how many co-sponsors does it have ?

Well, the dispensaries themselves wrote a holy piece of crud bill that is totally unworkable in concept and language.

They will not get 75% at all.  They will not change the Act for the better if given a chance.

They will change it for the worse. I think people have amnesia.

Giving localities control over medical marihuana is dumb dumb dumb.  Does anyone think that will work out well?  Has anyone read all these ordinances all these cities have passed?  Heck, even the "good ones: as some may call them almost always make caregivers(patients who grow for patients) into a home occupation which will in turn open caregivers up for inspection.

We told them this concept was completely flawed ages ago and is merely playing directly into the hands of the MML, the Prosecutors(PAAM), Sheriffs association, and myriad other actors who do not exactly have our best interst at heart.

Just because you want something doesn't mean you'll get it; and then what are you willing to give up to get something that isn't what you want because they changed the bill to something that you definitely don't want.

If it says a caregiver may ONLY transfer to their 5 registered patients connected through the registry,....wtf do you call that?

I call it forbidding a CG from transferring to a dispensary.

Typical dumasss gersh again.

Go crawl back into your hole and figure out how to rip off more patients.  Your favorite pastime. :-)

Well, the dispensaries themselves wrote a holy piece of crud bill that is totally unworkable in concept and language.

They will not get 75% at all.  They will not change the Act for the better if given a chance.

They will change it for the worse. I think people have amnesia.

Giving localities control over medical marihuana is dumb dumb dumb.  Does anyone think that will work out well?  Has anyone read all these ordinances all these cities have passed?  Heck, even the "good ones: as some may call them almost always make caregivers(patients who grow for patients) into a home occupation which will in turn open caregivers up for inspection.

We told them this concept was completely flawed ages ago and is merely playing directly into the hands of the MML, the Prosecutors(PAAM), Sheriffs association, and myriad other actors who do not exactly have our best interst at heart.

Just because you want something doesn't mean you'll get it; and then what are you willing to give up to get something that isn't what you want because they changed the bill to something that you definitely don't want.

The MMMA provides exceptions to the PHC. Another law may be passed that also provides exceptions to the PHC.

The passage of the MMMA did not rule out all other laws being passed without 75%.

Other exceptions to the PHC can be passed ..

Have you read the McQueen ruling you moronic piece of obfuscation?

How many times do you have to be wrong before people just completely ignore you as the kook you are?

I mean seriously, how many times have you been dead wrong and encouraged people to break the law because you said it was legal and those people have ended up in jail because of it??

How many more patients have you ripped off in the last 4 years?

How much cannabis have you  and john taken from people and used for your own monetary gain and personal use? Sure.... give 'some" of it to a patient and keep the rest for yourself or your pocket?

If those questions were answered honestly,... you would be run out of town like the charlatan you are.

I only wish others could see you for who you really are.

Now,... a registered caregiver is only allowed to transfer to their 5 patients connected through the registry and avoid arrest and possible prosecution.  They would have to amend that language in the Act, a 75% vote, correct?

A caregiver is currently not allowed to transfer to a dispensary without avoiding arrest? No law, unless passed to amend the Act will change that.

correct?

I remember when the MMMA was passed....One of the biggest concerns I heard about was "dispensaries on every corner". 

Do you think that it is possible legislature is thinking that this would actually be a way to PREVENT that? 

In other words, it would make it EASY for townships/municipalities to NOT ALLOW dispensaries.  (we know they are not within the current language of the MMMA, but we also know there are MANY still operating)

Just trying to figure out WHY they are considering this bill, beyond the monetary aspect.  They have been pretty restrictive in their past bills, why "help" patients now?

(d) The department shall issue a registry identification card to the primary caregiver, if any, who is named in a

qualifying patient’s approved application; provided that each qualifying patient can have no more than 1 primary

caregiver, and a primary caregiver may assist no more than 5 qualifying patients with their medical use of marihuana.

Add in the MSC ruling which states it even more bluntly, and I have no idea why this is a difficult concept to understand.  O wait,... it isn't,... Pb is just talking out his asss and trying to parse words to cover up the blatant flaw in the legislation.

The MMMA provides exceptions to the PHC. Another law may be passed that also provides exceptions to the PHC.

The passage of the MMMA did not rule out all other laws being passed without 75%.

Other exceptions to the PHC can be passed ..

This is how I see it. The current law did not allow it. So a new law is being written that does allow it.

I see that compassion is leaking out again. Is it compassion for all or just those that agree?

NG

Maybe they are doing it because the tide is changing and marijuana being sold out of stores is becoming the new norm.