Stealthy Legal Outdoor Greenhouse Ideas

wozerdozer

Im thinking about first getting a large free swimming pool fom craigslist. The metal above ground kind.

Then sitting it up and reiforcing the sides with 4x4's . Then dig down 4 or five feet in the ground and level

it for the floor. Then I would build a small deck around the top and then put up a 6 foot privacy fence on

the deck. Then just below the top of the fence Id put 2x6 rafters covered in chicken wire and see through

corrugated plastic sheets with just enough pitch to drain rain water. 

So I would have a 4 foot hole with a 5 foot pool wall with a 6 foot privacy fence on top So I would have

close to a 15 foot outside grow room locked and enclosed on all sides but the base that cant be seen from

my neighbors house.

So what do you guys think? Good idea bad Idea?  What are your stealthy legal outdoor greenhouse ideas?

P.s. All the materials that I would need except the fence are currently availabl on craigslist rite now for free.

Im not ready fot it yet so feel free to scour craigslist for the materials and build it yourself.

huge work but quite inventive and worthy of Ed Rosental (who removed the top and grew 4 pounds in a rental biffy-a true pot).  Excavation by hand is beastly--get a bobcat.  Totally enclosed will need high volume, low speed, no noise fans to keep it on the QT. 

Sounds to me somone is bitter that they dont have the nads to grow outside. How much does it cost to go pick up free materials from craigslist?

So I have to  put a shovel in a couple peoples hands and maybe pay them with some legal drugs(beer) that I can sit in my front yard and use all

day long. It is alot of work but so is landscaping my front yard. But the pride of having done something awsome myself with what little I have is what makes

it worth it to me. And i dont know what electric company you use but the one I use charges me out the assh for my inside grow room  with lights, fans, and

air conditioning.  I myself am sick of 500 to a 1000 dollar electric bills. That is just rediculous. The law says locked enclosed and not visable from

anywhere at all from your neighbors home yard or fixed structure.

If following the law is against the law shoot me now cause I dont want to live in  a world like that!!!

Thanks

Wozer

Wow really!!!!!!  Dude I've been growing for so long that I forgot when I started.  I've grown more plants outdoors than you've probably seen.  I have nothing to be bitter about.  What you are talking about is a lot of outlay of time, work and money that isn't worth it.  Outdoor grown medicine just isn't the same quality as ingrown is.  Anyone experienced at growing can tell you that.  You will get more yield outdoors usually though.  I personally gave up growing outdoors many years ago for two reasons, quality being the first and paranoia being the second.  It was just too easy to get arrested for growing outdoors and I still feel the same even with the current medical marijuana law.  The restrictions on outdoor grow are almost completely prohibitive and are in a urban area.

Remember if the law deems that you have broken any part of the MMMA, then you can no longer use any of it for protection.  In other words, if a neighbor can see your outdoor plants and complains to LEO, you can be arrested for growing illegal plants.  The plants are in no way, shape, or form legal once you have broken one rule. You're no longer considered a patient, and the courts will drag you through Hell.  To me, it's not worth the possibility of going to jail just so I can grow outdoors when I can easily grow as much as I need of better quality medicine indoors where nobody can possibly see it.

Going through the courts will cost you a lot more than a high electric bill every month.

Why don't you try growing one plant outside before you do this.  After you sample the quality, you might change your mind.  

I'm in the UP, so my climate is different than yours down there, but I used to live in Illinois many, many years ago.  It was impossible to grow marijuana outdoors there without it getting infested with little red worms that burrowed into the seeds.  They would defecate all over the buds and make them unsmokeable.  Well unsmokeable to me, I actually knew people that would still smoke it even though it would make you gag and cough tremendously.

Do you guys get those down in the lower peninsula?  We don't get them up here, and I never grew down there so I was curious.

Sorry having a bad day. But 500  to 1000 a month for electric alone is just freakin crazy.

i just cant afford that kind of money and stay legal at the same time. So I will go by what

the law says and I will grow outside this summer. And I will do my part to follow the law

to a T. Like I said if following the law is against the law Shoot me now cause I dont wanna

live that way.

Thanks

Wozer

Sorry having a bad day. But 500  to 1000 a month for electric alone is just freakin crazy.

i just cant afford that kind of money and stay legal at the same time. So I will go by what

the law says and I will grow outside this summer. And I will do my part to follow the law

to a T. Like I said if following the law is against the law Shoot me now cause I dont wanna

live that way.

Thanks

Wozer

He didn't say anything about it being against the law........

Deep breath Wozer!  Don't go shooting yourself over a plant :P

So what do you guys think? Good idea bad Idea?

You asked for peoples opinions and thats what they are giving. 

He says bad idea, dosen't mean you have to agree.

If its virtually free and within legal limits,  just do it and let us all know how it goes.  If Celliach is on point from his experience, you will know it with your first harvest.

I had to chime in when you dropped the "shoot me now" for the second time.

Keep your head up and take a couple deep breaths!!   :))

Wouldn't the hole you dug fill up with water when it rained?  Also, you are basically building a solid wall greenhouse, but making it extra difficult.  You would get the same amount of sun exposure building a cheap shed and using the see through corrugated fiberglass for the roof.

You can grow top quility bud out side. I wont say better but close and with the right setup you can will gite more for cheaper. 1000swpf from top of the plant to the bottom, at so bad. most the cali outdoor is better then alot of what I see people doing indoor. Not hating, just the truth. We'll get there in time. I think these Mi site is not a good represantation of all the growers in the state. Im sure must off use are the best iny our circles

the pool idea sounds great to me.

a shed will cost you $600 at least. and thats too small so you cant even move around to water/check on plants.

one of those huge outdoor swimming pools would work brilliantly.

i'm not sure about digging down 4 more feet, you could get drainage problems if you do that.

you could give it a try if you have a very low water table or a really sandy yard.

for instance, a lot of basements around here have sump pumps (and flooding basements sometimes).

but not my friends. because his yard is just about 100% sand.

that would take an enormous amount of work to dissasemble and reassemble one of those big pools.

it would work if you have cheap labor to exploit.

all this talk about worms getting into seeds? seeds? what kind of meds are you growing that have seeds?

did your plants hermie?

other ideas for stealth grow:

barrel grow. i saw it on craigslist a while back. some guy takes a 55gal bucket, cuts a hole in it, puts a 400w light in there, and basically makes a small grow box. i guess instead of the light, you lop off the top and bury it 4 ft underground, then put a fence around it?

call that nodig number to make sure you dont hit any underground gas/sewer/electric pipes.

Edited by t-pain

Thanks t-pain. Maybe digging down wont be a good Idea. Could do a sump pump in the bottom if you wanted too.

I was thinking the pool idea would be good for areas that have room but little privacy. I figure its real suspicious

to just out of the blue you put up a greenhouse. Every teenage boy and ripper in the area will be trying to get a look 

inside to see if you are growing marijuana. But if a pool gets installed and you put up a nice privacy fence around it

nobody will be the wiser. Anyways all this is just a thought process at the moment. I am in the process of buying a

house. And untill I sign on the dotted line I still dont have a place to actually make the pool thing happen. But the house

i am buying already has a 35 by 45 foot area that is privacy fenced on four sides with a 6 foot chain link fence on two

sides that is overgrown with grape vines. And off a third side it has another 25 x 35 foot dog kennel that is also overgrown

with grapevines. And on the fourth side closest to the house has a garage that blocks half the fence and the other half of

that side is in the back yard that is also chain link fenced off. So it is very private as it is, so some chicken wire and 4x4"s

might be the way I go for this summer if everything works out good.

Thanks

Wozer

I'm with you wozer on the Elec aspects. Doing a bit of math with an avg. bill of $500 x our registery #s [135k]. We're smoking it even if we're not growing it. Works out to $65 million/mo, 800 / year, or apx 2.4 Billion over 3 years. I was trying to get an os grow going but my clones grew legs. So I'm content with apx  $300/mo herb bill for now.  Then just grinding it up and making clouds. All day long!

I would consider making a geo dome w/ steel studs 2 1/2", maybe even make a low wall to set it on, min 20' dia. cover w/ poly or better greenhouse material. Maybe white on the lower walls, clear on top. I think you could do it for around $600. Plastic should be good for a couple years? Maybe with some luck...      Here's one of the vids I watched. This guy claims he built his for $200? It was back in 2009, still, I think he's missing a few reciepts...

Edited by solabeirtan

"500  to 1000 a month for electric alone is just freakin crazy."

I grow medicine for my wife and I, under t-5's (veg) and a single 600W set up (flower). It adds approx. $40 to my monthly electric bill and provides us with PLENTY of high quality meds for the two of us. The amount of money you are talking about is "freakin crazy" and would be a huge grow...looks like you really need to do a lot more investigation and have a better idea of what you are going to do, long before your first seed/clone goes into your grow medium.  Peace...j.b.

I was growing for more than just myself. And yes a time or two it was a 1000 a month

with 6600 watts going. In a 4 bed 2 bath 2 story house with 3 air conditioners,6 1000w 

hps,1 600w hps 1 1000w mh 2 exhaust fans, 4 oscilating fans, a t5, clone heating mat,

air pumps etc. etc. And I dont want to just grow for myself I have  potential patients just

waiting for me to get going again. Cause rite now all I have is my veg plants getting ready

for a move as soon as I can.

Thanks

Wozer