Judiciary Hearing On Hb 4271- House Tv Broadcast

Come on, be straight with everyone. You're agitating against this bill using FUD. Suggesting that a husband is going to have to test meds intended for his sick wife, for example. Almost as ridiculous as the 'death panels' Sarah Palin and the lukewarm IQ brigade were harping on not too long ago. You can make your case without all the fear mongering. It only serves to make your arguments less credible.

Maybe all cultivation should be tested though, since people seem intent on blasting plants with chemicals like Floramite instead of learning how to do it right. :drinking-coffee:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Don't call it 'medicine' if you don't want TPTB assuming you want it treated as such...

Even if, and I am not in support, testing were mandated in the bill, it would not spill over into a situation where anyone else would be made to test the medicine- such a thing would require a change of the Act with a super-majority vote in the legislature. This would only be for the centers in communities that chose to have them.

Some people seek out tested medicine, some could care less as long as they have some faith in how the medicine was produced. It takes some faith to trust testing as well. Particularly, if only a representative sample is used. I think testing should be allowed and the market will decide how important it is, but it should never be mandated.

Perhaps, if "dirty" pot was known to be causing issues and that by testing it, a real problem was solved, the concept of testing being mandatory would make more sense, but we all know that even with a completely unregulated black market and contaminants present in the supply- resulting health issues are just not prevalent. Imagine the amount of cannabis activity world wide, over just the last few years, let alone the thousands of years known of, and determine how much of an issue this is. I am not personally aware of issues with mold or product residue causing problems. I don't know of a particular case in Michigan or elsewhere. Other than sounding like a good idea, there just isn't real compelling reasons to force it on anyone.

Issues with mold and product use gets better as new farmers get better and more experienced and knowledgeable of growing and curing methods and the information for best practices is increasingly readily available for conscientious caregivers. Patients and caregivers, who may not grow or need an alternative source for any reason, when acquiring it, are also increasingly more knowledgeable in terms of how to examine and choose medicine.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dispensary just say no that is just wroung there should not be any they should just have p2p and that is it I realy do hope that this bill never pass just bad and I realy don't care if I get ban from the site because of this post I don't care for dispensary they just rip folks off sorry to say

dispensary just say no that is just wroung there should not be any they should just have p2p and that is it I realy do hope that this bill never pass just bad and I realy don't care if I get ban from the site because of this post I don't care for dispensary they just rip folks off sorry to say

Dispensaries are not mandatory for people to use. They don't "rip" anyone off. If people quit using them, they would no longer be around.

If p to p were protected activity, there would not be as much support for a dispensary bill. Many would still want it, but many, including myself, would not view it as having as much importance.

Dispensaries are not mandatory for people to use. They don't "rip" anyone off. If people quit using them, they would no longer be around.

If p to p were protected activity, there would not be as much support for a dispensary bill. Many would still want it, but many, including myself, would not view it as having as much importance.

i can agree to that as well

dispensary just say no that is just wrong there should not be any they should just have p2p and that is it I realy do hope that this bill never pass just bad and I really don't care if I get ban from the site because of this post I don't care for dispensary they just rip folks off sorry to say

you have to think about others first i used to think like you also long ago but when i started thinking about others i came up with so many Pro- and - Con's 

first where do real sick people go when they first get their card they may be worried about things like  safety first this person may be in his or her last day's who our we to say how sick someone is or maybe i know in my case Torey weighted about 88 pounds she had what the cancer Doctor said a BIG cancer and didn't want to eat so you have to think about people like that or worse

if you where sure that your grow right would stay the same as they our now would that make it better

Would you support it then?

Come on, be straight with everyone. You're agitating against this bill using FUD. Suggesting that a husband is going to have to test meds intended for his sick wife, for example. Almost as ridiculous as the 'death panels' Sarah Palin and the lukewarm IQ brigade were harping on not too long ago. You can make your case without all the fear mongering. It only serves to make your arguments less credible.

Maybe all cultivation should be tested though, since people seem intent on blasting plants with chemicals like Floramite instead of learning how to do it right. :drinking-coffee:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Don't call it 'medicine' if you don't want TPTB assuming you want it treated as such...

Well said...

no well at 300+ for a z from them that is a big time rip off 20g that is a rip off so they should never be left to open at all sorry if they were there to help then they should be as cheep as they can go I don't know why any one would want to use them

first where do real sick people go when they first get their card they may be worried about things like  safety first this person may be in his or her last day's who our we to say how sick someone is or maybe i know in my case Torey weighted about 88 pounds she had what the cancer Doctor said a BIG cancer and didn't want to eat so you have to think about people like that or worse

if you where sure that your grow right would stay the same as they our now would that make it better

Would you support it then?

no I would not as they are all in it for the $$$$$$$$$ and not the folks that realy need to use it for meds they charge way to much all about the $$$$$$$,, and how are they going to find it well you know,, owell ever one should just wright the gov and tell him not to go along with a bunch of $$$$$$ grubbing fools

no well at 300+ for a z from them that is a big time rip off 20g that is a rip off so they should never be left to open at all sorry if they were there to help then they should be as cheep as they can go I don't know why any one would want to use them

It sounds as though a dispensary does not work for you, so you shouldn't go to one. Many others appreciate them and use them. Why should the people who like them, not be able touse them, just because you personally take issue with the price of medicine at one?

It sounds as though a dispensary does not work for you, so you shouldn't go to one. Many others appreciate them and use them. Why should the people who like them, not be able touse them, just because you personally take issue with the price of medicine at one?

ok let do the math for 12 plants using a 1000w

light for 3 months 320

nuts around 20 bucks

dirt around 60

out come is 400

now how much from plants for 12 and this is on the low end ===== around 5lbs

so who is the rip offs

me I grow for myself and no one else and I do fine with a 250w cost 25 buck for light a month and I only grow 4 at a time

light for 3 months 320

nuts around 20 bucks

dirt around 60

out come is 400

so who is the rip offs

me I grow for myself and no one else and I do fine with a 250w cost 25 buck for light a month and I only grow 4 at a time

What does this "math" have to do with this discussion?

A direct patient to caregiver transaction will be of less cost than what would be reflected in a store with expenses. A patient may grow, use a caregiver choose a dispensary, or any combination thereof. If a patient chooses to use a dispensary, the patient will make the choice to pay the cost associated with utilizing its services.

If you personally believe it is a "rip off" you may continue to grow for yourself and not patronize a dispensary. In no way do any of your assertions equal a need for there not to be dispensaries. Just don't use one and those who want to-will.

What does this "math" have to do with this discussion?

A direct patient to caregiver transaction will be of less cost than what would be reflected in a store with expenses. A patient may grow, use a caregiver choose a dispensary, or any combination thereof. If a patient chooses to use a dispensary, the patient will make the choice to pay the cost associated with utilizing its services.

If you personally believe it is a "rip off" you may continue to grow for yourself and not patronize a dispensary. In no way do any of your assertions equal a need for there not to be dispensaries. Just don't use one and those who want to-will.

what the math 5lbs = 80z now 80 into 400 is 5bucks a z now they want to charge 300+ that is a rip off big time

the way I look at the mmma is they have cg so some should just learn how to do it for them slef and not have dispensary at all

it would be a whole lot better to just pass p2p and not dispensary would make more snice then a bunch of shops going up

you must be part of this dispensary money grubbing group as you dfend this crap sorry to say i do not like this id at all

so ever one get a hold of your reps and just say no to this bill as i know i have

what the math 5lbs = 80z now 80 into 400 is 5bucks a z now they want to charge 300+ that is a rip off big time

the way I look at the mmma is they have cg so some should just learn how to do it for them slef and not have dispensary at all

it would be a whole lot better to just pass p2p and not dispensary would make more snice then a bunch of shops going up

you must be part of this dispensary money grubbing group as you dfend this crap sorry to say i do not like this id at all

so ever one get a hold of your reps and just say no to this bill as i know i have

Please contact as many representatives as possible and offer your reasoning for not supporting dispensary legislation. I'm sure you will be taken very seriously.

It has been a very rewarding exchange of ideas, for me anyway, but this discussion has run its course- good luck to you. Go get 'em!

Come on, be straight with everyone. You're agitating against this bill using FUD. Suggesting  that a husband is going to have to test meds intended for his sick wife, for example. Almost as ridiculous as the 'death panels' Sarah Palin and the lukewarm IQ brigade were harping on not too long ago. You can make your case without all the fear mongering. It only serves to make your arguments less credible.

Why should the government not be required to show harm? If there is harm, what is it, and what authority do they have to back it up?

Edited by GregS

Please contact as many representatives as possible and offer your reasoning for not supporting dispensary legislation. I'm sure you will be taken very seriously.

It has been a very rewarding exchange of ideas, for me anyway, but this discussion has run its course- good luck to you. Go get 'em!

This conversation is far from over, despite what you would like us to think.

You had better bet we will! Medical use should not be subject to any more regulation than already exists. We will not have our hard earned protections taken away so that the profiteers can back us into a corner.

light for 3 months 320

nuts around 20 bucks

dirt around 60

out come is 400

so who is the rip offs

Just so I have this right, you are saying 5 pounds from a 1000w light is on the low end of yield?  You are saying 2240 grams for 1000 watts is on the low end of yield?

You had better bet we will! Medical use should not be subject to any more regulation than already exists. We will not have our hard earned protections taken away so that the profiteers can back us into a corner.

What additional "regulation" to what "already exists" would come from the dispensary bill?

What additional "regulation" to what "already exists" would come from the dispensary bill?the

The discussion in the committee appeared to be more forward looking than the dispensary bill, and opens options up to almost entirely, or absolutely entirely, revamp the medical marijuana law to conform to some as yet unforseen twist on the theme that is guaranteed to add cost to the simple garden herb that we use to treat our miserable lives. I find that offensive and repugnant.

What will they do next? Tax my fukn lawn?

Edited by GregS

The discussion in the committee appeared to be more forward looking than the dispensary bill, and opens options up to almost entirely, or absolutely entirely, revamp the medical marijuana law to conform to some as yet unforseen twist on the theme that is guaranteed to add cost to the simple garden herb that we use to treat our miserable lives. I find that offensive and repugnant.

What will they do next? Tax my fukn lawn?

I was there for both sessions, and did not glean anything remotely similar to what you have described, but I appreciate the clarification.