Judiciary Hearing On Hb 4271- House Tv Broadcast

Ter Beek will answer that question likely.

How far can a municipality go in regulating a caregiver "home occupation".

To say they can or can't is a little premature.

The whole concept of making a caregiver a home occupation is where lies a vast and horrible problem.  The Act will allow you to operate, but a municipality may be allowed to regulate such activity.  i.e. inspections, times, location etc.

This is a stay tuned moment...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno Mal. The Court just polished off Koon, ruling that the MMMA has primacy over every law that conflicts with it. Perhaps they will confirm that unanimous decision. The Justices may be planning to stand down the feds, and stake their turf as the final arbiter of the MMMA, regardless of the CSA.

Edited by GregS

Well, I can see where the hate for dispensaries comes from...

I don't hate dispensaries.  I'm not real happy with many of the people pushing for them.  Especially the ones that keep saying that unless they are legal patients have to turn to the black market or drug cartels. Or that it's not safe to grow medicine in a basement.  Or that they bring in too much traffic into a neighborhood (With all five of their patients.)  Or that medicine isn't safe unless it's mandatorally tested or it will put patients in danger.  Those are all actual things said by dispensary proponents.  That's what I have a problem with.

Dunno Mal. The Court just polished off Koon, ruling that the MMMA has primacy over every law that conflicts with it. Perhaps they will confirm that unanimous decision. The Justices may be planning to stand down the feds, and stake their turf as the final arbiter of the MMMA, regardless of the CSA.

What happens if they decide they have to open up the law to pass 4271?  Which is actually possible.   What damage could this current congress do?

You are missing the space between being able to grow as a caregiver and instituting "reasonable" controls that do  not prevent the ability to grow, but implements standards to follow.

This isn't a one or the other proposition.  Regulations are still possible.

What happens if they decide they have to open up the law to pass 4271?  Which is actually possible.   What damage could this current congress do?

we cant go by that metric. if they are going to open up the law, they could just as easily repeal the MMMA.

a hypothetical is a hypothetical. its a possibility they will do whatever they want.

we either move forward or eat dirt.

right now this bill moves forward with dispensaries and the current bill doesnt touch the MMMA,

which means the MMMA still takes precedence over 'all other acts'.

they could just remove that part of the MMMA and gut it that way...

One regulation that could be instituted is that all MMJ within the township being grown for sale must be tested for contaminants, for example.  They can regulate it near out of existence too.

These are just dangers we need to be aware of so we can prevent them from happening.  Unfortunately, the groundwork has already been laid on their side for a lot of what they want with the help of Bill Schuette, Ken Stecker, etc.  This isn't wild speculation.  This is being done, and it's easy to play into their hands when people on our side start agreeing to more regulation.

we cant go by that metric. if they are going to open up the law, they could just as easily repeal the MMMA.

a hypothetical is a hypothetical. its a possibility they will do whatever they want.

we either move forward or eat dirt.

right now this bill moves forward with dispensaries and the current bill doesnt touch the MMMA,

which means the MMMA still takes precedence over 'all other acts'.

they could just remove that part of the MMMA and gut it that way...

My point was, what if they amend the act so that it no longer has precedence.  So that local jurisdiction came before the state for example.

One regulation that could be instituted is that all MMJ within the township being grown for sale must be tested for contaminants, for example.  They can regulate it near out of existence too.

These are just dangers we need to be aware of so we can prevent them from happening.  Unfortunately, the groundwork has already been laid on their side for a lot of what they want with the help of Bill Schuette, Ken Stecker, etc.  This isn't wild speculation.  This is being done, and it's easy to play into their hands when people on our side start agreeing to more regulation.

One regulation that could be instituted is that all MMJ within the township being grown for sale must be tested for contaminants, for example.

Fine then if it's for sale's then you our paying for that to be done OK i am with that one

So you're alright with paying to have all your MMJ tested?  Every time you buy a bag of medicine you have to pay an extra $20 to $30, and you're OK with that?  It seems like you were talking as the patient above.

What if I'm selling it to my nephew, or my best friend since high school, do I still have to have it tested?

Why should we invite more government regulation when the entire country is screaming for less regulation in everything else?

You are missing the space between being able to grow as a caregiver and instituting "reasonable" controls that do  not prevent the ability to grow, but implements standards to follow.

This isn't a one or the other proposition.  Regulations are still possible.

I think they are less likely if they find that ordinances are not permitted.

Hypothetical, but I have a feeling since there is tension between the MMMAct and the Home Cities Rules Act, they will try to find a balance to resolve it.

Such as,  is it reasonable that a city not allow excessive light leakage that bothers neighbours?  It does not intrude on the right to grow, but is merely a reasonable resolution between 2 laws where both are allowed and neither disallowed.

I have a feeling we may see a ruling in Ter Beek that shoots an invisible line to allowable and unallowable. They may also rule insanely narrow and most questions will remain unanswered.

We will see. 

I just don't see our side encouraging local municipality oversight of the MMj program to be a positive thing in the end no matter how played out.  I also don't think excessive regulations on the State level should be recommended until Federal law changes, and at that point, only minor regulations such as already exist in the MMMAct itself.

But what do I know.

4271 first has to make it out of committee. Hell, first it has to have an official hearing. Why didn't they do the hearing instead of a BS discussion?  Maybe because there is VERY LITTLE support for 4271.  Here is another newsflash for you, 4271 has ZERO chance in the senate. Good luck Northern, Jamie.

I can't recall what was said when Rep Cotter was questioning Robin Schneider, But Rep Cotter said "In order to accomplish something like that the act would have to be amended, Robin says we are open to discussion on that subject" <~~~ They are willing to open the MMMA up and make changes in order to pass the PC bill NOT cool.

How long has Marijuana been around, zero deaths.. Now all this talk about how unsafe marijuana is BS. when they started talking about testing. it was all staged and acted out at that hearing. We give them this and that and we get PC's..

What was the other talking point, ahh.... Paperwork keeping track of who buys what and the quantity sold.. that was another thing the house was jumping on. Ok so you give up any anonymity once you walk into or sell to a PC, how far will they track that bud back right to your house into your garden while they are there how bout they test all your garden, inspections hope your not over your limits, If your a Pt or even a CG do you still feel safe knowing that your name is on a list?..I have zero trust that the gov. is looking out for anyone but themselves

Last session, they told the dispensaries they had to pass the "Walsh Bills" before they would address the dispensary bill.

This session, dispensaries were told the meme of "testing" was how they might be able to get their bill considered.

So, they(many dispensary interests) slow walked opposition to the "walsh bills" last session; and are beating the drum for testing and local control of medical cannabis this session.

Dispensary interests act as if they would give up their firstborn and likely shed a crocodile tear to get what they want.

They will call you "dangerous", "unsafe", "criminal", "drug dealers", and not good enough for patients.

They will say that medicine should never be grown in basements.

They will say they do not want caregivers in neighbourhoods because it causes too much traffic around their children. I mean, 5 patients, too much traffic?  We know who causes traffic; dispensaries.  Caregiving is discreet, private, safe and personal.  The way the law was intended.

Last session, they told the dispensaries they had to pass the "Walsh Bills" before they would address the dispensary bill.

This session, dispensaries were told the meme of "testing" was how they might be able to get their bill considered.

So, they(many dispensary interests) slow walked opposition to the "walsh bills" last session; and are beating the drum for testing and local control of medical cannabis this session.

Dispensary interests act as if they would give up their firstborn and likely shed a crocodile tear to get what they want.

They will call you "dangerous", "unsafe", "criminal", "drug dealers", and not good enough for patients.

They will say they do not want caregivers in neighbourhoods because it causes too much traffic around their children. I mean, 5 patients, too much traffic? We know who causes traffic; dispensaries. Caregiving is discreet, private, safe and personal. The way the law was intended.

Sermon on the Mount- Preach it!

So, they(many dispensary interests) slow walked opposition to the "walsh bills" last session; and are beating the drum for testing and local control of medical cannabis this session.

Dispensary interests act as if they would give up their firstborn and likely shed a crocodile tear to get what they want.

They will say they do not want caregivers in neighbourhoods because it causes too much traffic around their children. I mean, 5 patients, too much traffic?  We know who causes traffic; dispensaries.  Caregiving is discreet, private, safe and personal.  The way the law was intended.

Right ON

Thank You to all those who have joined us to protect the MMMP from forces determined to destroy and profit from our sick....(dispensaries, testing and the like).

Today we are 4332 members strong working together to rid the system of the cancer that is the fknrepublican party, tparty and dispensary supporters.

Thank You for your support and rest assured we will fight for cgs and pts until the disp lobby is dead, buried and forgotten....as it should be.

Email me to join

United WE THE PEOPLE will prevail.

dispensary just say no that is just wroung there should not be any they should just have p2p and that is it I realy do hope that this bill never pass just bad and I realy don't care if I get ban from the site because of this post I don't care for dispensary they just rip folks off sorry to say

Why would you get banned for not wanting dispenses to screw up pt/cg's?  bann me to for that matter, I wish they would just leave it alone, a few lil words and we would have pt's and c.g's taken care of, Farm Markets!  for pts that grow to get off of extra meds and for c.gs to do the same! that is all we need, keep government out of it and the testing!

Ive been at this so long it is unreal, and yep ive gotten some moldy brick weed, guess where it went? right back to the jack off that sold it to me!  it is very easy to reconize moldy mj, especialy if you have to get the bricks to come apart!  we only need pts and c.gs to make sure that their pts dont get moldy mj, trust me if you get some, you will know it like realy quick, its not like it is hiding and you wont see it or taiste it!  hopefuly you can see it, but if your not experienced enough than dont get it from people you dont know!

Peace

Jim

I agree.