MMJ Ballot Issue OK'd for Signature Cction
Posted by CN Staff on May 23, 2013 at 18:06:04 PT
By Alan Johnson, The Columbus Dispatcholle
Source: Columbus Dispatch 

Columbus -- The Ohio Ballot Board today gave backers of a proposal seeing to legalize use of medical marijuana and growing hemp the go-ahead with a 5-0 vote to begin collecting signatures for a statewide campaign.

OhioRights.org, the group backing the Ohio Cannabis Rights Act, must gather 385,253 valid signatures from registered voters in 44 of Ohio's 88 counties in order to qualify for the ballot as a constitutional amendment, most likely in the fall of 2014. The deadline is July 6 for submitting issues for the November ballot this year.

Read More...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FlowerPower99
      I posted this in another thread but I feel this is an important victory that has been a battle for 13 years.
      Thank You Komorn Law - for the Court of Appeals win for Medical Marijuana patients on probation to use their medicine.  Now here come the other attorneys to ruin the MRTMA law stating that it's wording is the same.  I got $100 riding that some politician is being influenced right this second to modify the law to benefit no one but the state.  There will probably be attempts to modify the MMMA Act too.  The medical I assume will be phased out soon.
      I know your law firm has been fighting for the right's of patients and caregivers since the fight to get it passed began.  I know several people you have helped secure their freedom and have recommended you guys several times. 
      Keep up the good fight.  There are those that are going to try to manipulate the MMMP and MRTMA laws for their own personal greed and fear of competition.  I know you probably get caught in the middle. Press on but don't forget about the common person who always ends up getting ripped off.
      Here is the COA Opinion ---> COA Opinion
    • By dwkl
      Medical marijuana patients have had their doctor recommended use of cannabis while on probation in limbo for a long time.
      Lead trial attorney and advocate for marijuana law reform Michael Komorn and his dedicated team of attorneys (specifically Ally McCormick) secured a victory in the Michigan Court of Appeals for Medical Marijuana Patients
      As many battles for marijuana patients, caregivers and business clients represented by the Komorn Law Firm loom in the background – a decision has been made to set the tone for future cases involving those on probation.

HERE ARE THE KEY FACTORS FROM THE RULING AS TO WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE THE PROTECTIONS OF BEING A MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT.
      THE PROSECUTION ARGUED
      “The prosecution argued that the district court had the ability to place restrictions on a defendant’s medication. The district court denied defendant’s motion to modify the terms of his probation, holding that it was bound by the “Circuit Court’s decision on this issue,”
      Read More Here
      https://michiganmedicalmarijuana.com/victory-for-medical-marijuana-patients/

Read More Marijuana News Here
      https://michiganmedicalmarijuana.com/category/michigan-news/
    • By grevinstilley
      Let's help the patients who depend on weed to survive 
    • By Sporteli
      Hello,
      I have patient openings for 4 people in the U.P. 
      I have flower, wax, edibles, and cartridges. 
      In rotation right now, I have white widow, jock horror, northern lights, lemon OG haze, and chemdawg OG. All from a reputable breeder in the Netherlands. 
      I gurantee quality and clean medicine. I grow in a clean and sterile environment with HIDs. I don't use any chemicals or pesticides and none of my medicine will have mold. 
    • By Michael Komorn
      Even in a Midterm off season election, Medical Marijuana wins all.

https://yeson788.com/sq-788
      https://ballotpedia.org/Oklahoma_State_Question_788,_Medical_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative_(June_2018)