Vapor Pens. Post Your Experiences Here.

Do you guys actualy use tinctures in them refills? Ive never used the lil ones just for oil! If your using tin tinctures in them, Im just wondering why?  I would think the oil would be way better, I have like 3 dif bowls around here with my little bho sticks in them(i quit putting my oil in glass jars) I extreact my bho, I carmilize it, I grind up a lil bit of nice budd and than I roll it into a tiny pencil shape, I put keif down to roll it in, it isnt sticky at all, but it is 7/8 bho and maybe a 1/8 of realy ground mj, and keif on the out side, it is smokeable, it is cookable, smokeable, and you can cut a piece off and just eat it! it has the most versatiliy for what ails you than ive come up with so far, if you eat it it last the longest, but it takes a while to hit, so if you eat it, cut a peice of and smoke a little in a bowl and it wont take as long to make you feel goo!

Isnt that what every one who is sick, depressed, life kinda blows, we get with people in good moods and we wish we could feel the same way! Bottom line depresion hurts, so you should take what ever your well known dr. gives you to help you with depresion, remember you only know if it feels better, you have to be honest with your dr, or dont waist your time,

Peace, and wow I love the meds I have now! and im not going no where! only in our world eh!

Jim

Yea I am trying to make a tincture so that I do not have to make the oil just make the tincture. I have concerns about the danger of making the oil but am coming to understand that there are other ways to make the oil without butane. I am very aware that the oil itself is some of the best medicine but I do not think it will have the stealth I am looking for. I am trying to make it completely stealth, as in I can be anywhere and use my ecig (tank) and no one would have any idea. I believe it is a tincture that pharm fresh is using in their cartridges and that was for a ecig cartridge. I want to move forward to the tank with it.

hello nl

ive been using a lot of different pv devices over the last 2 to 3 years some are not made well but do work the issue is when they break... ive got my org kit ego style 3 years old still works good... ive moved on to other devices and i also rebuild my heads or attys as there called... have one ive built that can do dry plant material rso oil bho on and when it breaks just rebuild it... i do use this to replace smoking cig this the main use... so i make my own flavors this is the key to using it over cigs... ive been making all kinds of taste or flavours have over 300 + recipes to use... i do love mine at half the cost to most devices out here... there is a lot to find and takes time not many will keep with it... they do work but like all electric device miss use it it will break... good luck finding what works for you ive found what works for me...

abbe

I have tried the pharmfresh cartridges before and they pretty much served their purpose. They could have been stronger and maybe they are now but they did work.

I am trying to get my own tincture to work with my cosmo tank so that it will be stronger and less harsh on my lungs. If anyone has any pointers dont hesitate to send me a message..... Sorry not trying to hijack your thread.

I wonder about the tincture I intend to make. Nicotine is water soluble and these devices work well. The terpenoids in cannabis are hydrocarbons and are not water, but fat soluble. I understand that they can be suspended in glycerine, but think it may not work because they will burn on any hot contact surfaces and cause premature fouling..

Edited by GregS

Even with mineral oil, it could be hazardous. I think mineral oil vapor would be dangerous for your lungs.

Thank You. Looks a lot like the 710 mini.

More hazardous than the impurities found in petrochemical products? The stuff (call it smoke or vapor),prepared in vegetable oil tastes like roasted ears of corn, or olives, or peppermint, or...

Edited by GregS

More hazardous than the impurities found in petrochemical products? The stuff (call it smoke or vapor),prepared in vegetable oil tastes like roasted ears of corn, or olives, or peppermint, or...

Possibly. Mineral oil is also a petroleum product. Depending on grade it could be made up of paraffins and other heavy petro products.

Chronic inhalation of atomized oils (mineral, vegetable, olive) could cause lipoid pneumonia. Be careful.

Possibly. Mineral oil is also a petroleum product. Depending on grade it could be made up of paraffins and other heavy petro products.

Chronic inhalation of atomized oils (mineral, vegetable, olive) could cause lipoid pneumonia. Be careful.

The stuff I'm using is not atomized, unless you mean to say heated with a small element and the subsequent vapor. The heat kills any pneumococcal bacteria. Furthermore it is processed before use making it sterile. Can food grade mineral oil be toxic?

Probably not toxic, but I haven't looked at the msds. It may not be toxic if inhaled, but it may cause lipoid pneumonia nonetheless. If it doesn't boil/vaporize on an ecig atty, it will be left behind in the cartridge. If you're using a single use throw away cart, that's fine, but if you want to use a refillable, this may pose a significant problem.

Even vegetable glycerin can be harmful if it is burned rather than boiled/vaporized. When you burn VG under low oxygen conditions, it produces acrolein, a highly toxic chemical. I think USP propylene glycol is the safest of the e cig carrier liquids, as it has been used in inhaled asthma medication for half a century. I'm not sure if ecigs get hot enough to burn vg, but I felt I should mention it.

Foaf over on icmag has been thinning his extract out with 190 for use in ecigs. Supposedly this works well, but I'm not sure of the health risks associated with chronic inhalation of ethanol vapors. Good luck!

I am not convinced they are the best way to go regardless the material you put in them. Suggestions that inhaled vegetable oil vapor or smoke is in any way dangerous ignore that cannabis oil is a vegetable oil. Vaping with forced air has to be the safest inhalation method.

Just because they're referred to as oil doesn't mean they're similar in chemical structure.

Vegetable oil is generally made up of long chain fatty acid molecules on a glycerin backbone.

Cannabis oil is not vegetable oil. Cannabis oil is generally a collection of mono-, di-, and sesquiterpenes. Cannabinoids are actually sesquiterpenes. Aromatherapy has been using terpenes safely for years to treat any number of conditions.

When those aromatic hydrocarbons burn, what is produced other than vaporized terpenes? Some must char and oxidize, producing CO2, CO, and other noxious gases. Are charred vegetable oil lipids any worse?

I'm sure they do when they burn, but we shouldnt be burning oil. Vaporization is much healthier and avoids many of the undesirable by products you mentioned. I'd say burning vegetable oil is worse. Acrolein is nasty stuff.

Would ampiphiles be a possiblility as a solvent and liquid carrier? Are cannabanioids likely soluble in some or all of them?

Most likely, yes. The key is finding one that's safe to inhale.

I'm sure they do when they burn, but we shouldnt be burning oil. Vaporization is much healthier and avoids many of the undesirable by products you mentioned. I'd say burning vegetable oil is worse. Acrolein is nasty stuff.

Most likely, yes. The key is finding one that's safe to inhale.

Elecrolyzed water? An alkaline and an acid solution are produced. The alkaline solution is a weak Sodium Hydroxide (lye), which acts as a surficant and detergent. Mighty Wash, which is simply electrolyzed water used in our gardens, is drinkable. The stuff is simple to make.

The g pen looks just like a $4 ego F1 tank with the white fill cap removed. This one fits on a standard ego batt that ou can buy for under $25:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/eGo_CE2_Giantomizer_F1_with_Pen_Cap_p/egogtf1.htm

Thanks for posting this.

You are right. It is the same as a G-Pen attachment but, G-Pen changed the threads so it will not work with the ego or 510 batteries. G-Pen is a total rip off. They want $14.99 for that part.

Well, I have a bit too much experience to just post it on a thread. I am going to start a blog on portable vaporizers soon.

I can show a photo of some of the tools I have used in my experience though.

There is a lot more out there with respect to pen vaporizers and portable vaporizers than most people know. I have been looking into custom glass blown tanks, custom atomizers, custom glass blown drip tips, it just goes on and on. Vaping oil is the future. Well, at least for me and my patients. 

I have much more to come. Some of this equipment is the whoop. I can't even remember the last time I smoked a joint. I am hooked on the portable vaporizers. When you get to know all of the different parts and what batteries to use. You can really get a quality vapor pen.

:D

Vaporizer Collection 6 11 13 011

Edited by GrowGoddess

I did start a blog on the pen vaping.

I have much more equipment that I am waiting for to arrive. The information is going to continue to come in. Anybody that is interested in pen vaporizers the information I am putting in my blog might help.

Just recently I received some information from my patients and I agree with them. We all agree that the pen vaporizing is one of the most medicinal ways to consume cannabis. That is only based upon our opinions. We don't have any evidence from scientific studies. Everybody agrees that the buzz is more similar to eating the cannabis oil straight, but not the same. Everybody hands down agreed that it is the whoop and the convenience cannot be beat.

Here is a link to my blog, I will be adding more information soon with details. http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/

My intention is not to offend, I am only posting this information for those who are interested.