Portable Ac Or Chiller

williams2311

i diff agree mini split is the way to go... if u can...

They are cheaper than installing a second main central air unit and can be moved from place to place but you have to know how to flush the lines and seal the coolant if you move them.

Www.ac-world.com is the cheapest around..i shopped extensively and we t back this spring to buy a second mini split. Both rooms are under 80 with acceptable humidity ranges. Flower room even at night neve goes past 45-48% humidity. Envionmentam control is a huge part of the battle.

Pic,

It can be done, but not cost effectively.

Back a year ago my mini split died, but it was at the same time I moved my bloom to a different space so I did not need heavy duty cooling.   I had an old 8K window unit sitting around and two 6" inline fans in a closet so all I spent was my time and some sheet metal.

To do what you are considering you need air in to the compressor and hot air out.   If look at the housing you can see that the compressor section( the part that would be outside the window) sucks air in thru vents on the top and sides then blows the air thru the coil/radiator and out.   I blocked off all the inlet vents and cut a 6" hole and added a duct fitting thru which I could blow outside air via one of the fans I had.   On the backside I fitted a piece of rectangular ducting to cover the entire exit area and fitted a 6 " duct fitting to use the other fan I had for an exhaust fan.  Next I ducted each fan out a different window so that I would not be sucking in the hot exhaust.   Like I said, it can be done, but not cost effectively unless you just have the parts sitting around.

It wld work for a lil lit bit pic but eventually that ac will go bad.there not meant to push exhaust air any length of duct.i thought about doing the very thing your talking about and my hvac guy said it wld be a waste.

thanks, you may have saved me some useless work...altho one hvac told me if you can direct the water into a fitting and a hose, and can also keep the back pressure from wearing out the fan, maybe by adding an additional fan just to blow the air through the chute, it may work

They are cheaper than installing a second main central air unit and can be moved from place to place but you have to know how to flush the lines and seal the coolant if you move them.

Www.ac-world.com is the cheapest around..i shopped extensively and we t back this spring to buy a second mini split. Both rooms are under 80 with acceptable humidity ranges. Flower room even at night neve goes past 45-48% humidity. Envionmentam control is a huge part of the battle.

thanks man for the info... ill diff be checking out that place.... diff way to go.... thanks again