A Case Study In A State Reverting From Medical 420?

pic book

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you do believe all marijuana should be tested as you have repeatedly said previously?

Or was that an error in judgment at the time?

I've explained this numerous times, I won't do it again. Enough of the roundy round.

Stop trying to scare people by saying they're going to be forced into testing meds intended for their dying relative. It's not going to happen, for a number of reasons, the first of which is it would be absolutely logistically impossible and impractical to do so.

You do that, and you won't hear a peep from me, and you can smear dispensaries with abandon. Maybe people will start taking your arguments more seriously if you lay off the hyperbole and description of a Bradburyish dystopian vision of medical cannabis in Michigan.

Just answer the question, Do you believe that all MMJ should be tested as you've said in the past?

Your last post did not answer the question.  You answered with your opinion on whether it was able to be done easily, not whether you believed it should be done.  

It's a simple yes or no, and could solve this whole debate in one word.

I have answered that numerous times for numerous people on numerous occasions, Including you.

No you haven't.  If you have, show me.  All you've done is pussyfoot around the question like you are now.

Why won't you just answer the question now anyway?  Even if you did answer before, why is it so hard to give an answer even if you have answered it before?  Why do you keep adamantly trying to not answer it?

btw, don't ya get tired of telling me I am wrong only to find out I was right most the time?

I just figured it must get tiring...

Have ya seen what the dispensary interests are doing to patients and caregivers in Nevada?

Heck did ya see how they were doing the pt's here in MI, My c.g was donating,,no phaq that he was selling his overages to the despense in pinconning MI before the c.o.a ruling, I and 4 other folks were getting an oz for free a month and he was selling any where between 1/4 lb to 1 lb to the despense for 200 an oz,,they were turning it over for 38 bucks a gram   lets put it this way11 grams and they were getting their money back, I had to go just to see it,,,it was the same thing me and 4 other pt's were getting for free.  11 grams and they got their money back, now do the rest of it and you have the rich folks paying lots just to get our! dirt grown indoor mm!  I have no prob having my c.g'  selling to c.gs as long as it is legaly and it dont get me into trouble!!!!!!!!!

But if it was going to get me in trouble Id take my rights back and use em for seedlings and other things, I do have a realy good c.g as far as growing, unfortunatly he doesnt know the law!

I dont think any one who has to ask what is legal to be a c.g should be a c.g untill they learn what it takes to be a compassionate c.g, and I would have no prob paying my c.g for meds, I want to cure it though, so he can just start bringing me the fresh cut off plant from now on, i want to dry an cure it!

Peace

Jim

How are out of states supposed to acquire? It is a part of the law.

That is a bit akin to asking how is an out-of-state pt supposed to grow.  You need to realize that the law gives these pt's cards the "same force and effect" as Michigan cards.  That doesn't mean they are automatically give free reign to do whatever they want.  That means that their cards will protect activities they engage in that a similarly situated Michigan card holder has protections for. 

It doesn't automatically mean that they MUST be able to acquire (and that therefore dispensaries must be legal).  That is an illogical leap.  It means if they are in possession of amounts that are within limits then they have immunity from prosecution.  It means that they can use in a non public place.  Etc. 

Because I'm not your circus monkey. Every time I confront you two on your FUD, you bring this up and demand an answer like you've never had this discussion before. It's pure deflection.

Won't work this time.

I think that, and your original quotes is enough of an answer.  We all know where you stand now.  You're for full testing of all grows, that's what you've said in the past, and what you won't deny now. 

You sir, are the enemy of home growers, period.  

Cav

Good point.

I was not trying to imply that it automatically means dispensaries should be legal. Just that transfers outside of what is currently allowed needs to be opened up so that out of states my acquire in state safely, for both parties. Once transfers are opened some of the dispensary model's(farmers market for instance) would then be compliant.

Gee Northern, how many times can you mention the cancer stricken dying relative? lol.  When I see someone doing that I look for what they are selling. Fail.

And OG, the reason why we don't truly know how many actual grows there are is because MOST patients and caregivers don't run around waving the flag that they have an active grow.  Maybe you have neglected to notice all of the grow stores that have popped up all over the state and 3 years later how many are still trucking right along.  Who do you think is buying all those supplies?  

Of course this thread got away from us, but I want to reiterate that it was blow back against the dispo people in Montana that caused their law to get messed.

They went from 300 patients in 2006, to almost 30,000 in 2011 after the dispo signature mills got going.

People were fire bombing dispos in Butte.  

The legislature tried to pass one law repealing the MMJ law, but was vetoed by the governer.  They then passed another law which severely limited the program.  The governor didn't sign this one, but he didn't veto it, so it passed.

The people hurried to get a referendum on the ballot so they could block the law from taking effect.  They made it in time.  And even though 62% of the people voted for the MMJ law the first time around, 56% of people voted to keep the new limits on the MMJ law in 2012.

The law is in the courts now, but it hasn't stopped the exodus.  Patients are down to 10,000, the lowest number in 2 years.

SFC

Vegetable and ornamental growers? The orchid market is actually very large.

I worked at a large hydro store in a state that had/has no medical laws. Guess what? Local people still bought growing equipment. The point of it all was that many carded people are still using traditional black market sources to this day. I'm gonna leave this horse alone for awhile. I'm not anti home grow by any means. I didn't need permission from the state to grow in the past, maybe that's why I am not as threatened by the fear of growing bans. I'm good on this thread for now and none of this is on topic anyway.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

Also

Pain is a subjective thing. It is up to the individual and their doctor to determine if marijuana is beneficial. Some people have more severe conditions than others, it does not take away from the validity of their medical use.

Just wanted to add that in there before the "fake" patient comments started.

I wonder how the doctor doing 300 patients per day was determining that.  Gonna take a wild stab and say it had more to do with money than pain.

I think that, and your original quotes is enough of an answer. We all know where you stand now. You're for full testing of all grows, that's what you've said in the past, and what you won't deny now.

You sir, are the enemy of home growers, period.

Didn't you and malamute consider opening a lab, what made you turn from an enemy to an ally to home growers?

Ridiculous

Didn't you and malamute consider opening a lab, what made you turn from an enemy to an ally to home growers?

Ridiculous

If they did consider this, can you see where maybe, just maybe there is a difference between offering testing while opposing required testing....vs supporting mandatory testing?  I guess not.

I look at results.

The results I see are that time and again Mal and Cel have railed against mandatory testing.

Northern Labs advocated testing on his own website.

.....results.....start with results and work backwards.......