Ssd No Longer Qualifies For Reduced Fee- Lara Changes The Rules Again.

Actually your assessment of 'who republicans are' is rather bias.  Yes, many republicans are business people that create jobs. Many are not. Yes, they don't like their taxes any higher than anyone elses and don't think they should be penalized because they are productive and successful.  No they are not all religious zealots, anymore than non-republicans are all atheists.  Many 'religious' people act in unjust ways, and many non-religious people have good hearts.

How Bill Schuette and Co act is based on their personal beliefs and economic self interest more so than their political party.  Every hear of Boss Tweed?  Here is a little background on this DEMOCRAT.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammany_Hall  

Until George W came along, I was a Republican.  I am not religious, I help people, I pay my taxes and create jobs.  I also believe in evolution, rational thought and medical cannabis.  I believe in fair play and don't agree people on SSD should have to pay full price for their registration any more than disabled vets should.  And I don't think it is fair to change the rules at Lara just to create denials.  I was trying to find out why we had a flood of them, especially since they were properly filled out and documented, this month.  I guess we have an answer.  And it doesn't have to do with a political party.

Dr. Bob

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"For the record and to put this issue to rest, I did respond to Greg a couple of months ago as far as his request for my background information.  I told him about my experience as a paramedic in Lansing and Fl, completion of my medical school in Fl and residency in IM in Ohio, my work in private practice in internal medicine, and the legal work on section 8 defenses I've done, etc."

Unless you can produce that date stamped response I can categorically say that is a lie. I have no recollection of any statement of anything but your experience as a paramedic, and no recollection that you said where or when.

I have no issue with the Department's rule change except that I believe it is unfortunate and unfair, but not illegal, for a lot of patients, and would prefer it otherwise. It was not me who started whining about it. Government agencies are intended to promote an administration's priorities, and we ain't Snyder's.

What I do have an issue with is your refusal to offer help to we patients as a physician. You appear here as a used car salesman and ridiculously uninformed wannabe lawyer. Otherwise you present as a misanthrope who not much of anyone likes or can stand. You are not even a decent doctor, and even less so a man. I am confident that you are aware that trix is in immense distress and has asked for help for days on end. You would rather show your pompous azz talking about anything BUT what we look to a physician for. It is your shameless lying about your acumen as a doctor and your desperate hawking of your business while you ignore our, yes we patients', legitimate medical concerns that I despise. Some of the mods and the site management carry you; not because you are a good example of a professional who has the best interest of the community at heart, but because you are convenient.

Please don't think that I believe you are entirely useless. You make an excellent bad example. 

Edited by GregS

Lol, hey now..

I was just looking for similar experiences, I find it easier to ask others than to ask jump straight to a Dr. since I don't always see eye to eye.. plus why waste the time and money if many others already saw a Dr. and the advice they were given they just passed along to me.

Dr Bob.. doesn't work in my area anyway, in his defense he has offered me advice in PM's in the past.. I'm not paying for his services so I don't expect anything from him.

Trix
:bong2:

Lets keep on topic..

With all due deference trix, this guy cashes in on us while offering no value except what he can stroke his outsized ego and fill his wallet with. Your condition is not to be taken lightly and other patients' experience may or may not be germane to yours. He practically lives here, banging the drum for his business and fomenting bullschit. We are desperate and hurt people who deserve better. Professionalism is another word that is entirely lost on the guy. His contributions here are a disgrace to the field of medicine.

Edited by GregS

i will just say..

republicans are human and Americans.

democrats are humans and Americans.

enough with the stereotyping.

we shall not turn this thread into a debate over politics, or over personal views of each other.

please.

people are dying in this world.

this is a travesty and wrong on so many levels that LARA did this in this manner.  all their credibility has been spent.  how dare they start denying people without notice... i had a patient come to me while i was at my moms trying to finish some projects today almost crying because she got a denial letter... and i told her not to worry.. that it must be a mistake...

apparently i was wrong.

again.

now people understand why it is so important to be kind and understanding of our neighbors..

ignorance seems to be rampant in our government.

spending has been out of control for as long as i have understood governement..

the sequester is bringing many questionable policies to light...

things are changing in our State and we are poised to help many folks learn how to take care of themselves.

if they would but let us

we can teach a Michigander to take medicine...

or we can teach them how to grow their own and become sustainable..

the choice used to be up to voters but it seems increasingly apparent that the policy makers do not hear the will of the general populus... but only their most astute contributers.

time for change.

PEACE.

We wondered off the SSD subject a while back...

I can't remember has there always been a reduced rate?

I didn't get approved for SSI until 2010, so I'm not really even quite sure when it was established w/o having to look it up..(or ask)

Trix

With all due deference trix, this guy cashes in on us while offering no value except what he can stroke his outsized ego and fill his wallet with. Your condition is not to be taken lightly and other patients' experience may or may not be germane to yours. He practically lives here, banging the drum for his business and fomenting bullschit. We are desperate and hurt people who deserve better. Professionalism is another word that is entirely lost on the guy. His contributions here are a disgrace to the field of medicine.

Someone hasn't been taking their medication lately... :watching:

We wondered off the SSD subject a while back...

I can't remember has there always been a reduced rate?

I didn't get approved for SSI until 2010, so I'm not really even quite sure when it was established w/o having to look it up..(or ask)

Trix

Yes, there has always been the discounted rate.

Greg, enough already. You are wasting your breath and you are not going to win. Dr Bob is helping the cause, you,,,, Not so much.  

This deal really does suck, but since the discounted rate is not actually in the law, I fear our hands are tied.  Now, if they step across the line and do try making a rule change in direct conflict with the law we may be able to force them back into compliance. But it will still be an ugly uphill fight.  For instance we hear they want to tighten or eliminate chronic pain as a qualifier, if they make a move on that we have the law 100% on our side. They will lose.  

I hate to say this in the open forums but we have feared this type of action for a long time.  Now that they know the legislature will not bend over completely for them to destroy this law they are going to try and exploit us thru administrative channels. Guess who has their hand all over it?

"Someone hasn't been taking their medication lately... :watching:"

Not so Mal. Whether it were true or not, it does not change the facts. I can medicate and be okay. The same cannot be said for those who engage in lying and pathetic self promotion while they pretend to be your best friend and professional authority.

Edited by GregS

Clearly you are woefully uninformed, even your own examples turn on you Greg.

Greg, enough already. You are wasting your breath and you are not going to win. Dr Bob is helping the cause, you,,,, Not so much.  

This deal really does suck, but since the discounted rate is not actually in the law, I fear our hands are tied.  Now, if they step across the line and do try making a rule change in direct conflict with the law we may be able to force them back into compliance. But it will still be an ugly uphill fight.  For instance we hear they want to tighten or eliminate chronic pain as a qualifier, if they make a move on that we have the law 100% on our side. They will lose.  

I hate to say this in the open forums but we have feared this type of action for a long time.  Now that they know the legislature will not bend over completely for them to destroy this law they are going to try and exploit us thru administrative channels. Guess who has their hand all over it?

For you, anything. I've made my point, despite many thoughtful and courteous comments being censored. How do you spell anal retentive?

The only real option we have for relief is at the polls. Because administrative agencies answer to the executive, things will remain the same, and in fact become more difficult, as long as Snyder is calling the shots. Standing our ground on the law as written could not be more important. Expect fresh new moves by the opposition until and unless we change the regime.

Edited by GregS

You are a hoot Greg.  

Go with God and have a wonderful life......lol

I have serious things to do, note that bickering with you is not one of them.  For example, right now I am going to go steam clean the dog stains off my family room carpet.  A far more productive use of my time than reading, much less responding, to you ramblings here.

Tomorrow is another day.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

You are a hoot Greg.  

Go with God and have a wonderful life......lol

I have serious things to do, note that bickering with you is not one of them.  For example, right now I am going to go steam clean the dog stains off my family room carpet.  A far more productive use of my time than reading, much less responding, to you ramblings here.

Tomorrow is another day.

Dr. Bob

And something you are much more qualified for. Have a ball. Tomorrow you can come by and pick the hairballs out of my lawn.

Oh. And thanks for the compliment.

Edited by GregS

Maybe you do fit in okay after all. You have seen the denizens of the cannabis tribe, resplendent in their Zig Zag flunky hats, cannabis leaf belt buckles, and nice tats and shoes. Now them people are dressed for success, if you don't mind the smell.

Edited by GregS

Soon after his appointment Arwood bounced MMP head Celeste Clarkston and disbanded the New Conditions Panel of mostly physicians that endorsed adding Parkinson’s Disease and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder to the list of conditions qualifying a person to receive a recommendation to use medicinal marijuana. He then discarded their recommendations and has announced he will compose his own advisory board of physicians.

His own! i am sure it wont be the same recommendation as before but what will be the same is another 4 + years of waiting for the panel to even start up and as we Waite for them to add they will be taking things out as we sleep

Knock yourself out Greg- file the action if you can find time between your efforts to discover the name of my residency program director.  Unfortunately you missed the point being made.  

The administrative rules are being used by the department to impair the Act by adding unnecessary requirements, unannounced rule changes, etc. designed specifically to generate denials, clog the system, and frustrate rather than streamline the process for the patients.  The end result is an effort to slow the implementation of the law, violate the intent of the law itself (patients have access to certification and medication), etc.

For the record and to put this issue to rest, I did respond to Greg a couple of months ago as far as his request for my background information.  I told him about my experience as a paramedic in Lansing and Fl, completion of my medical school in Fl and residency in IM in Ohio, my work in private practice in internal medicine, and the legal work on section 8 defenses I've done, etc.  He wasn't satisfied.  He wanted program directors, work history, etc as if he was doing an employment background check.  That really isn't important and I told him so.  That is what lead to this constant harassment about my CV.  

I realized some time ago that he was a kook and any answer I gave him wasn't going to be 'enough' so I stopped bothering with responding to him, to the point of putting him on ignore.  I just let him spin his wheels.  But his constant implication that I am not answering because I have something to 'hide' is becoming bothersome.  The truth is I am not answering because it drives him insane.

Most folks in here seem to have come to the same conclusion, so I'd just as soon let it drop and get on with important things.  If anyone has any serious need to know my work history, I'll be happy to tell them in PM on one condition....they don't tell Greg.  He doesn't know the secret handshake yet and can't know the secrets of the temple...lol

Dr. Bob

The administrative rules are being used by the department to impair the Act by adding unnecessary requirements, unannounced rule changes, etc. designed specifically to generate denials, clog the system, and frustrate rather than streamline the process for the patients.  The end result is an effort to slow the implementation of the law, violate the intent of the law itself

i agree 

does anyone think they should of had some input from Patients and or caregivers And Doctors or at least they may  have violated the open meetings Act?

Personally, I think they should run any proposed changes by a citizen panel consisting of certification physicians and patients to see if they are workable and not overly restrictive.  The goal is patient access to certifications and meds and any change they make should be to promote that goal.

Dr. Bob