Ssd No Longer Qualifies For Reduced Fee- Lara Changes The Rules Again.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup thats the way she told me they have been bending the rules and bending over backwards for us all i also ask her if she had any more people that have call her she said no just you 

they feel that if no one calls then they can do what they want 

people need to stand up together i understand their our many groups that  have stared up in the last 4 + years and i do believe they all want the same things but most have a differed way on how to get their and thats what i am going to follow by and to work on a common way we all can get their as to working together you can use my new web site am starting soon happiness is just a click away

Stand along or Stand with us together 

Greg s- perhaps the question should be, what are YOU going to do about it...or what are WE going to do about it. 

I've already said that the only real option we have to change things is at the polls. As distasteful as this rule change is, the MMA in no way requires discounts for anyone under any circumstances. Plz see my earlier post regarding the same.

Personally, I think they should run any proposed changes by a citizen panel consisting of certification physicians and patients to see if they are workable and not overly restrictive.  The goal is patient access to certifications and meds and any change they make should be to promote that goal.

Dr. Bob

Citizen panel? Not gonna happen. Public hearings would be more apt, but I doubt required. Nonetheless, the law does not require this accommodation, which I was tickled to see, and in fact was pleasantly surprised because it was not required by law. I do wonder if there might be something under the Public Meetings Act. But again, administrative law is a whole other can of worms from t statutory or case law..

This is one issue, I'm afraid, where the best option is to cut our losses and move along. If not it will suck up too much time that would be better spent for other, more workable and more urgent, fixes. Shout and pout if you must, but get over it quick.

Citizen panel? Not gonna happen. Public hearings would be more apt, but I doubt required. Nonetheless, the law does not require this accommodation, which I was tickled to see, and in fact was pleasantly surprised because it was not required by law. I do wonder if there might be something under the Public Meetings Act. But again, administrative law is a whole other can of worms from t statutory or case law.. If we were to look into the laws regarding rulemaking we might find something. It would remain to determine how much time and effort to put into a move to change it.  A watchdog group that would keep close tabs on these kinds of changes might work, and would necessarily have to be well enough versed in all options.

This is one issue, I'm afraid, where the best option is to cut our losses and move along. If not it will suck up too much time that would be better spent for other, more workable and more urgent, fixes. Shout and pout if you must, but get over it quick.

No one paid attention the first time so you had to quote yourself....lol

If we were to look into the laws regarding rulemaking we might find something. It would remain to determine how much time and effort to put into a move to change it.  A watchdog group that would keep close tabs on these kinds of changes might work and be a good idea for any future rulemaking  and would necessarily have to be well enough versed in all options.

Who wants the job?

Citizen panel? Not gonna happen. Public hearings would be more apt, but I doubt required. Nonetheless, the law does not require this accommodation, which I was tickled to see, and in fact was pleasantly surprised because it was not required by law. I do wonder if there might be something under the Public Meetings Act. But again, administrative law is a whole other can of worms from t statutory or case law.. If we were to look into the laws regarding rulemaking we might find something. It would remain to determine how much time and effort to put into a move to change it.  A watchdog group that would keep close tabs on these kinds of changes might work, and would necessarily have to be well enough versed in all options.

No one paid attention the first time so you had to quote yourself....lol

No one but you?

Was up all nite in pain. Hadn't even had my first cuppa coffee.

Edited by GregS

If we were to look into the laws regarding rulemaking we might find something. It would remain to determine how much time and effort to put into a move to change it.  A watchdog group that would keep close tabs on these kinds of changes might work and be a good idea for any future rulemaking  and would necessarily have to be well enough versed in all options.

Who wants the job?

Me i'll do it but i would need help with gas for my car