Renewal Turnaround Time Lately?

I agree.  I have a patient who was waiting for his card to change to me as his caregiver.  His original hard card was late so we called and they told us to wait till he received notice in the mail to send in the change form.  We did, it was his card, so we mailed in the change form and $10.  He then received notice to return his card because the check # wasn't on the original application he sent in to get his card.  We wanted to call with a cc# or something.  They told us he'd have to send in a copy of his original form with a certified check or MO, along with the card they issued, and we'd have to fill in the caregiver section on the copy.  They now have $10 on "credit" for a caregiver change for him but they wouldn't forward the $10 to him resubmitting his application, different department.  Seems like a scam to me but we just want to get his card thru as he's now without meds and without a card.

Try to plan a garden for that!  What a crock!

Since they are making all that money, shouldn't they be putting some of it to better services like a cc machine or an office where you can submit applications in person.  For the $6+ for the certified mail I'd happily go there in person.

Edited by Norby

Is everyone going to call in when there's a problem? NO

Is everyone going to quit using their preferred medicine if there's a glichy problem? NO

Are people going to be victims of the system because of the gliches? YES

This is the second time the patient involved with this glich has waited for months to get any word from LARA. One patient with two gliches in three years.

That's totally bogus and that's why I protest to people praising LARA for their good work. They are a castastrophy generator that deserves no praise what so ever.

They need to take some of that money we worked so hard for and make some checks in their system so patients will not be gliched and gliched again.

theres nothing in the law that says lara has to send you a letter about delayed cards. where did you get that idea in the first place?

i think laras guidelines on when to renew are also bogus. they say within 30 days of expiration? but it takes 30 days to print a new card.....

call them up and ask them if an expired card still has sec4 protection :D

theres nothing in the law that says lara has to send you a letter about delayed cards. where did you get that idea in the first place?

i think laras guidelines on when to renew are also bogus. they say within 30 days of expiration? but it takes 30 days to print a new card.....

call them up and ask them if an expired card still has sec4 protection :D

21 days to decide on a card. Make no mistake about it. It's in the law for a reason. Otherwise they could glich the whole system and sit there with big smiles on their faces and send NO CARDS but still collect millions from us.

There's no loop hole for delayed cards. Nice try devils advocate, but that idear flies like a boulder.

my pt card came in 22 days this yr, last yr it came in 21 days, my pt's card came in 21 days the last two yrs, her expiration day is oct 1, my c.g card for her came the same day both yrs! Im crossing my fingers and hoping it goes that fast in 2 yrs!

I would think the pressure would be off of lara with 2 yr cards. than again they have been right on time for me,

I think 2 yrs ago they sent me a letter saying use this for your card, it was a peice of paper that had my pt and c.g number on them and expiration date, within a few wks we got our cards! Did any one else get them letters?

Peace

wont the 2 year thing mess them up?

i mean, in 2013 = 118000 applications for 2 year cards

2014 = maybe 10,000 cards? + 30000 cg cards

2015 = 118000 applications 

that would be a weird workflow.

one year you're processing 30 applications a day, the next year you have to process 300 a day.

my pt card came in 22 days this yr, last yr it came in 21 days, my pt's card came in 21 days the last two yrs, her expiration day is oct 1, my c.g card for her came the same day both yrs! Im crossing my fingers and hoping it goes that fast in 2 yrs!

I would think the pressure would be off of lara with 2 yr cards. than again they have been right on time for me,

I think 2 yrs ago they sent me a letter saying use this for your card, it was a peice of paper that had my pt and c.g number on them and expiration date, within a few wks we got our cards! Did any one else get them letters?

Peace

Nope. They just left us wait for months that time. 5 months. Then they canned the caregiver because of some 'maybe' charge 30 years ago. Wait 5 months and then when the patient finally hears something they get a card that says No Caregiver. That was another time that if they followed the rules, 21 days, things would have turned out better for the patient. The law was written that way for a reason, to help patients.

if anyone got screwed on the 2 year card with the wrong forms... have you tried calling lara?  i wonder if they would send out a two year card for you just for fun?

what are they going to say? no? could save you $100... call them up what do they say ?

Edited by t-pain

if anyone got screwed on the 2 year card with the wrong forms... have you tried calling lara?  i wonder if they would send out a two year card for you just for fun?

what are they going to say? no? could save you $100... call them up what do they say ?

You got it backwards T. They sent me a one year card for fun. They always error on the side of f ing us over. I did call them and they said you can't get a two year card with the old forms. Then they waited a little while and switched back.

tell em you aint got another $100 and if they could just send out an updated 2 year card it would be nice. they have that surplus after all.

yes i want people to guilt lara into fixing their bunny muffin!

it will be good for a news story resto

"lara told me on the phone "you cant pay for a card, you cant use your medicine", i dont want to be a criminal but lara wants to charge me $100 just so i can obtain my medicine"

make sure you write down exactly the quote that they say. show the newspapers how heartless they are!

Edited by t-pain

telling us on the forum has little consequence, little action, and little results to fix anything

talking to lara, your represenative, the governor or a newspaper may get you better results.

i'm not directing this at you resto, but everyone who comes in here with complaints of the program.

maybe i am being too much of a pain in the donkey?