Renewal Turnaround Time Lately?

When I called LARA and complained they were taking too long on a card and he wanted to get a caregiver so what should we do?  They said to wait till we get the letter of denial or the card and proceed from there.  He did get the card and we sent in the $10 for a change the next day and a couple days later he received a rescind letter saying his card was no good.  So my $10 is in an "account"(which can't be used for the application) and we had to resubmit his original application and add me in as a caregiver with a new $100 MO.  They scammed my money and won't send it back when there is an obvious flaw in the system.  And the first letter wasn't sent certified to the best of my knowledge asking for the card back because they made a mistake.  There is a flaw in the system if they can not tell if a card is denied or accepted and it IS denied but they sent a card out anyway.  This pushed back our dates over a month.  All because the check # wasn't filled in.  Horsecrap!  What kind of system still relies strictly on snail mail?  My guess is one that's entirely inefficient and laughing all the way to the bank. How is one to stay within the letter of the law when you can't plan for these screw ups that push things back a whole month?  Which is why I'll almost always be on the side of a caregiver or patient over law enforcement in any violations.  I mean, who can work under these conditions?

What can you do?  They have people with stock responses to handle your complaints.

telling us on the forum has little consequence, little action, and little results to fix anything

talking to lara, your represenative, the governor or a newspaper may get you better results.

i'm not directing this at you resto, but everyone who comes in here with complaints of the program.

maybe i am being too much of a pain in the donkey?

Edited by Norby

• 2 weeks later...

The first few times this happened to patients I know, I posted it here and I had a few attorneys asking for proof of what I was reporting. Some even challenged the truthfulness of what I had reported. I produced the hard copies for them and the interest just dwindled down to nothing, as gradual acceptance of the incompetence at LARA sunk in as something that we will have to live with. I only complained again here this time because some here were saying how well LARA is doing now. I just can't keep letting that slide because it's not true. If you quit complaining when things are totally messed up for patients you know then everyone else thinks things are just peachy.

Tic Toc. Over 20 business days on a change and 30 business days on another change that was revoked(well it wasn't reviked his card was and we already sent the change) after they cashed my check and reapplication is 17 business days and nothing there either after they said they'd set it thru because they took the card back with the application for not filling in the check #.  How are you supposed to plan a garden like this?  I think that's the reason for it.  No wonder some caregivers won't transfer till the patients plant comes down.  How else can you REALLY stay within the law unless you really know what your doing?  Luckily I can push back next weeks harvest till a card comes in but it's backing up the garden to not be able to go over 12 and take a cutting.

Which is why they don't let anyone with felonies help patients.  Get caught for doing what would help patients in the past and we'll punish patients by not letting you help them now.

That's why for as good of a law it is it's implementation is crap.  What business would tout such profits and have the service they have, which is much more important to be good at than making sure someone's cable is on or getting them their food in a timely fashion.

Edited by Norby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mailed change of caregiver form on 2/3/14.  Lara received it 2/5/14.  My patient nor I have received anything as of today.  Called Lara and they were nearly useless...say paperwork still not processed...would not/could not say anything else.  What an embarrassment this system is...

Edited by baseballjunky

Mailed change of caregiver form on 2/3/14.  Lara received it 2/5/14.  My patient nor I have received anything as of today.  Called Lara and they were nearly useless...say paperwork still not processed...would not/could not say anything else.  What an embarrassment this system is...

They have no legal obligation to be timely with change forms, they have always taken about double the time for me. 

60 to 90 days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...