Duckduckgo, The Prism-Proof Search Engine That The Nsa Just Can’T Track

The ACA was probably more the result of Big lobbying groups, the democrat party, and congress. Obama was a spokesperson, but he doesn't know what it does any more than anybody else. 3000 pages, vote on it so we can know what is in it? There is no possible way a law that expansive will ever be implemented correctly or efficiently.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Affordable Care Act might be a worthwhile topic in itself. We are all gonna be affected. (sic)

Yes, it will effect us all.  Yes, it's worthy topic of the forum as it deals with health issues.  I just think we have to reserve whether or not it's successful until we find out instead of conjecturing about how it will effect us all.  Every time a read a news or internet article that is against it, they use phrases like, "it may," "it could," and "possibly."  I say wait and see.  If it doesn't work, then let's cut it down.

The ACA was probably more the result of Big lobbying groups, the democrat party, and congress. Obama was a spokesperson, but he doesn't know what it does any more than anybody else. 3000 pages, vote on it so we can know what is in it? There is no possible way a law that expansive will ever be implemented correctly or efficiently.

But it will be more efficient than the free market model, which does not negotiate with providers and manufacturers of drugs and equipment. The Canadian model, and I am confident most any other responsible government subsidized system,  includes an agency that performs that function, helping to control costs.

The spelling is correct.

Edited by GregS

Greg

It may be, or it may not be. Cel is right about having to wait and see, that is where we are. The sheer number of large organizations that are getting waivers or changing their employment practices because of it is not a good sign for its efficiency. IMO.

You say in one breath that we cannot know, but in the next that what you see is not a good sign. It would appear that is fear of the unknown unknowns. Typical enough. I have been inside some tough negotiations, and assure you that they can be very efficient.

Edited by GregS

Historically, in my life, the most inefficient things I have experienced are government run programs. If you have ever been in the service you are familiar with the saying, "hurry up and wait". Drivers licenses? A nightmare. I can see all things health care turning into a day at the Secretary of State....

You say in one breath that we cannot know, but in the next that it is not a good sign. It would appear that is fear of the unknown unknowns. Typical enough. I have been inside some tough negotiations, and assure you that they can be very efficient.

Correct. We cant know because it is not fully implemented yet. We can look at signals that are developing because of it and make guesses based off of what were are seeing. Clearer?

Historically, in my life, the most inefficient things I have experienced are government run programs. If you have ever been in the service you are familiar with the saying, "hurry up and wait". Drivers licenses? A nightmare. I can see all things health care turning into a day at the Secretary of State....

In these past few years I have found the Secretary of State Offices to be fast, fluid, and efficient. Both Mt. Morris and Flint are great. Their people are motivated and well trained. Saginaw is prompt enough, but its people do not have the professional courtesy that compares with the others.

Edited by GregS

I am sure there are some offices that are outstanding. I have mostly experienced the opposite.

The problem I think comes from the core principles and dynamics of the organization. There is no incentive to be efficient when your operating of off taxpayer money, with no competition, and no way of failing/being forced to close. Basically there is no need to be great at what you do when you exist by nature of the law. There is no fear of loss.

I am sure there are some offices that are outstanding. I have mostly experienced the opposite.

The problem I think comes from the core principles and dynamics of the organization. There is no incentive to be efficient when your operating of off taxpayer money, with no competition, and no way of failing/being forced to close. Basically there is no need to be great at what you do when you exist by nature of the law. There is no fear of loss.

That explains the obviously motivated and well trained people I mentioned how?

Taking back from the federal government is one of the hardest things to do. It has never gotten smaller, or given up any significant power. Not as easy as we'll just get rid of it if it doesn't work out as we hoped.

Umm. The population has grown. Technology has advanced. People are still aszholes. Government has its hands full with its required responsibilities.

Right..... Like it needed to be past before anyone could even see what was in it. I know a bunch of people that have already had their full time jobs cut to 28 hours a week. Directly because of Obama care. There is and will be alot of companies doing just that. In fact I would venture to say that the way the workforce in this country is conducted will be quit different as a whole. Thats just one. Those that are ok with Government mandated insurance..... well that explains Obama winning 2 elections.

Bengazi?????? Imagine if Bush would have said well we just didnt have the budget to stop the 911 attacks............. Not a good enough reason especially when they practically begged for security....... And they knew Bengazi was coming and still ignored it and then successfully, thanks to the media and the rest of the flunkies, brushed it under the rug.

But hey I am not here to fill you in on everything that your President has done against you. But I will also throw in the whole Medical Marijuana actions by this administration and that should about end it.

There is more. At this point if anyone needs me to point them out, then it would be pointless as you simply would not get or admit it.

You been living in a cave Ox? Employers have been playing the game to keep their employees from meeting the requirements to qualify for full time employment for years. Have you seen that?

Never on a level that has already started.......... Not even close...........

As opposed to setting up the ACA when budgets are artificially high due to a bubble economy and having all hell break lose when the cutbacks start because the bubble popped. Think of what would have happen if it was set up during the dot com and housing bubbles. When the economy crashed it would screw things up a lot more than starting out in a low point and building up.

I can't think of many, many, many other things.  Can you please elucidate?

Here we go....

Running guns to the cartel in Mexico under fast and furious. 

Gun running in Benghazi and then killing witnesses... 

Supplying millions of dollars and arms to terrorists in syria... 

NSA Spy network recording every digital conversation in America

DEA Raids on medical dispensaries increased more than under Bush! 

Droning innocent 3rd world children and woman accross the planet because he can

Running torture operations in GITMO, Hasn't shut down GITMO

Hasn't ended any wars!  Iraq and Afghanistan still rage on today!  Only now instead of troops Mercenaries/contractors run the show

started a war in Libya and destroyed a sovereign country because Ghadaffi was going off the petro dollar

Starting a new war in Syria and funding isllamic exteremists

Hasn't kept 1 campaign promise.. Promised more transperancy in government.  Promised to protect whistleblowers.  promised to protect MMJ states

Bradley Manning rots in prison for whistleblowing

GOV. promises to go after Snowden for whistleblowing

Spends hundreds of millions on all of his vacations but blames the sequester. 

IRS targeting political parties and religious groups

IRS squandering tax payer money

Monsanto given legal immunity under Obama

FDA and USDA members apointed by obama are former Monsanto employees who give preferential treatment to Monsanto

Droned 16 year old american citizen because he had the wrong father

SIgned NDAA, and National resource authorization act

Shot story is... I dont care if bush started these programs or any other president.  BO is in charge and has continued the same path as bush but accelerated it. 

Celiach your a smart person I can tell.  You just need to think for yourself and realize OBAMA =BUSH!  Obama has been in office now going on 5 years and nothing's changed.  Why can't you Obama apologists get that trough your thick skull.  Don't keep making excuses for this con man in the white house.