Medical Marijuana Collective Tries New Model

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In flint, lol. Yea people will sigh right up with the guy hanging around out side a clinic.

I know several CGs that have filled their slots by doing this.  Don't knock it til you try it.  Don't hang out looking like a corner drug dealer.  Look like a professional, and  have business cards.

I know, right?

It's just that simple... :lol:

Actually it is that simple.  Ever try it?  How do you know it doesn't work?  As I said above, I know several CGs that have filled all their slots doing this.  I had a friend that even went to the hotel where they were doing traveling clinics and hung out in the lobby.  He had five PTs signed up in one morning.

“Nobody wants people at their houses. Nobody wants to go to anybody’s house.

He just wants the 100 bucks...

Are you against a guy taking a risk of prosecution for a mere 100.  Sounds reasonable to me.

I am begining to see a group of people on this site taht are opposed to any type of progression.

We can argue all we want about the viability of the proposed business model.  The reality is the free market will decide if he is right or not. 

Just two years ago it was very common for a caregiver to provide a patient with their first monthly oz for free.  While we may disagree with that approach, many cg's liked the idea.  With dispensary prices being 280-400/oz a cg could compare the free oz to the $100/month fee and feel it is worth it to get higher paying patients and a reduced hassle with finding patients.

Edited by semicaregiver

Are you against a guy taking a risk of prosecution for a mere 100.  Sounds reasonable to me.

I am begining to see a group of people on this site taht are opposed to any type of progression.

Maybe it works like this you go their pay the 100 meet the caregivers get your meds then go have i nice day

Actually it is that simple.  Ever try it?  How do you know it doesn't work?  As I said above, I know several CGs that have filled all their slots doing this.  I had a friend that even went to the hotel where they were doing traveling clinics and hung out in the lobby.  He had five PTs signed up in one morning.

That's a great story. I've never had a problem finding and keeping patients. I'm just lucky I guess, but I've had the same group of patients since 2009.

We can argue all we want about the viability of the proposed business model.  The reality is the free market will decide if he is right or not. 

Just two years ago it was very common for a caregiver to provide a patient with their first monthly oz for free.  While we may disagree with that approach, many cg's liked the idea.  With dispensary prices being 280-400/oz a cg could compare the free oz to the $100/month fee and feel it is worth it to get higher paying patients and a reduced hassle with finding patients.

Exactly, the market will decide if it is worth it. I'd consider it if I needed to meet with a potential patient on the regular. Probably a little expensive at 100/month. For that price I'd expect to be able to store my meds there in a secure area.

For that price I'd expect to be able to store my meds there in a secure area

theirs  no secure  area  for Leo and for this  business model theirs no meds onsite because no one wants to have all their meds taken away by Leo

i like this model it just may work i just wonder what will happen it you go in and come out with meds and then get pulled over and Leo ask you to see your card and on the back it say"s no caregiver on it

A group involved in supplying medical marijuana in Battle Creek is among those using a new business model designed with aims of operating legally in Michigan after the state's highest court outlawed marijuana shops.

Brock Korreck, owner of the Higher Expectations Medical Partnership Compassion Club, told theBattle Creek Enquirer (http://bcene.ws/10pIxnS ) that his collective now charges caregivers a one-time $100 fee for any new patient they are connected with through the collective and a $100 monthly fee to use the facility as a place of transfer.

Patients don't pay fees under the collective's new business model, and marijuana is no longer stored on site. It also connects patients with caregivers if they are in need of one, Korreck said, but doesn't encourage members to become caregivers themselves.

"Nobody wants to meet in parking lots," Korreck said. "Nobody wants people at their houses. Nobody wants to go to anybody's house. This is a safe access point."

Michigan voters in 2008 approved marijuana for some chronic medical conditions, but the Michigan Supreme Court in February slammed the door on marijuana shops. The court said owners of so-called dispensaries aren't entitled to operate a business that facilitates patient-to-patient sales.

As medical marijuana dispensaries have shut down, some collectives have tried new business models in hopes of keeping their doors open. Some other facilities in the state require cardholders to register for a private membership, but the model hasn't been approved in Calhoun County.

The county's Prosecutor David Gilbert hasn't said whether the Battle Creek collective's new model is legal because he didn't have the chance yet to see its operations firsthand. But he criticized new models' charging of fees, saying it goes against the idea behind the law.

"They haven't legalized marijuana," said Gilbert. "They've legalized people that are really sick getting it."

The state's marijuana law makes no mention of pot shops. It says people can possess up to 2.5 ounces of "usable" marijuana and keep up to 12 plants in a locked place. Under the law, a caregiver also can provide marijuana to as many as five people.

I'm not against people making money.  I just don't think this is a viable business model.  I could be totally wrong, but I can't see any CGs paying for this service, especially without knowing how many patients they have already looking for a CG.  Will I be paying $100 for a patient right away, or am I going to end up on a waiting list hoping a patient will come along and sign up?  How many other CGs will be waiting for that one PT?

If they can get people to pay them for a service that's already free, cool.  I just don't see it as a money maker.  if people spent as much time trying to figure out how to make the law work smoothly as much as they do figuring out how to finagle $100 out of a CG as a middleman, then I think we'd all be better off.

he stated  that  people do not want to go to homes  ,, then says he has a safe access ,, he is the one that is demonizing home caregivers  not me ,,,

progression.??? no  that is called demonizing 

Edited by cristinew

he stated  that  people do not want to go to homes  ,, then says he has a safe access ,, he is the one that is demonizing home caregivers  not me ,,,

progression.??? no  that is called demonizing 

Yeah, they still haven't figured out how to get their point across without demonizing CGs.  

"You have to have this needed service because CGs can't provide it!  CGs aren't safe!"

A lot of people in our own community are blind to the demonizing of CGs and home grows.  Some even defend and encourage it.  At least these people aren't trying to get rid of CGs and home grows completely.

I have never crossed paths with a legit dispensary parting ways with a zip for under 350 a zip for atleast decent meds. 

I have never crossed paths with a legit dispensary parting ways with a zip for under 350 a zip for atleast decent meds. 

i do agree 

some may say they are not legit 

IMHO i think they are and as long as i/we can still grow our own am OK and some don't want to take the risk by growing it themselves

and i don't blame them it's riskey    

I can completely understand not wanting new patients having access to your home/grow.  I think this guy is shooting for the moon with his pricing structure tho.  I also think there is more to this business plan than they are saying.  

I can completely understand not wanting new patients having access to your home/grow.  I think this guy is shooting for the moon with his pricing structure tho.  I also think there is more to this business plan than they are saying.  

I wonder how many people that belong to the "ownership" are also "caregivers." How many caregivers patients show up to get medicine, but then give to their patients while there, who could then give to their patients....

In CALI they pay 50 a oz tax to the state.  If our state got off their rears and wised up they would rakin in the dough.

That's ridiculous! $800/lb tax. Money must truly grow on trees there . . . Must be the indigent workforce, growing it, trimming it, .  Imho!  We need more Mexicans! that's what we need!  

That's ridiculous! $800/lb tax. Money must truly grow on trees there . . . Must be the indigent workforce, growing it, trimming it, .  Imho!  We need more Mexicans! that's what we need!  

Dude you have to understnd that the dispensaries roll in the dough.  its a cost of business.  You might want to look up that stat I am only going off what my aunt said.  She is a old hippie so I could be wrong.....but it sound right.  do 20 a gram x a pounder.

Edited by motorcitymeds