I came across a superb pheno of g13 labs sour ak, but didn't take clones in veg as she was very finicky...

Took a couple of flowering cuts and put into the bubbler..

I would like to try and re veg the mother, just incase the clones don't take root.

Any experience, advice, or know how is appreciated.

Growing in soil, advanced nutes sensi line.

I came across a superb pheno of g13 labs sour ak, but didn't take clones in veg as she was very finicky...

Took a couple of flowering cuts and put into the bubbler..

I would like to try and re veg the mother, just incase the clones don't take root.

Any experience, advice, or know how is appreciated.

Growing in soil, advanced nutes sensi line.

I have a friend who reveges most of his plants, and he only uses flouro's  (dont ask) ive actualy seen it and tried it, mm is most def a winner! so you mother shouldnt be budding right? or wrong? if it is stiill just a mother, go ahead and put it in budd, but at least 2 weeks before you put it in bud, take your clones and clean her up, than dont cut on it any longer, throw the lite into budd and put you clippings in veg!  Best of luck. I do know it works!

Peace

Jim

p.s you can still take clones off of the mother, it is just not a good idea if you have it budding now, Its good to give your plants a good 2 weeks before changing from veg to budd, other than that you should have no problems!

thumbs up KD

I leave everything on the plant 12 inches down.  Don't worr--most of the bud, you can retrieve when it has green shots through it--the reveg begins in the buds you left on.

keep it moist, not floooooded; you can easily drown the poor crippled thing, it lost most of the leaves so transpires much less water.  Same for hot nutes, unlesss you flushed everything out plain water is good enuf for 2 weeks, utnil the new shoots show.  then 800 ppm max.

can take cuts at 3 weeks, reflower at 6.

This was a test run of bunch of attitude freebies that i wasn't expecting to be steller, so i wasn't even thinking about clones. She is the total package as far as im concerned. G13 labs knocked this one out of the park.

Yes the plant has already been harvested, i did leave everything about 10" and below and put back into the veg tent.

Do you leave it in the same pot,with the same soil? I have heard about re potting and actually trimming down the outside root growth since the plant doesn't need it all to support it.

Any nuterient/ hormone advice? I just added a little bit of superthrive and my sensizyme and calmag to the feed.

I used advanced nutrients sensi line with no other additivies other than calmag and sensizyme. Flushed for last two weeks before harvest with water only.

I'll keep it in the same pot for now, they are looking stable at least (also trying with dinafem ogkush)

Unfortunately it looks like one of the flowering clones i placed in the bubbler isn't going to make it. The other still looks healthy but no signs of root development yet.

I figured feeding with only water for the last 2 weeks wouldn't hurt anything, as to why i'm not really sure lol. I would just assume that it taste / burn cleaner.

I didn't mention this is my first run since ive built my bloom room. Still a rookie over here haha.

I also figured it would be a good idea to try and flush whats left of the flowering solution out of the soil, before feeding the grow a&b again.

OG, any reason you would flush the advanced nutrient line specifically?  Thanks

Nothing particular about that product line. As Cel was saying, if you put something in that needs to be flushed, then flush it. I'm just guessing that advanced, as with most commercial (liquid and solid) fert lines, would leave a salt build up that you would want to flush.

I've heard only good things about advanced.

If your using strictly organics and teas the flush might not be necessary. Can't hurt though.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

Yeah, a lot of pre-made nutrient solutions have a salt base.  Not really a problem in open soil like your vegetable garden where the salt can run off.  Over time it can build up in a potted plant though.  It's one of the two main reasons that I don't use that type of product, the other being the high cost.  To me, there are better things to use for a lot less money.  

I always tell people to go and get their growing supplies from the same place your grandparents are getting the stuff for their vegetable and flower gardens.  It's a lot cheaper.

Yeah, a lot of pre-made nutrient solutions have a salt base.  Not really a problem in open soil like your vegetable garden where the salt can run off.  Over time it can build up in a potted plant though.  It's one of the two main reasons that I don't use that type of product, the other being the high cost.  To me, there are better things to use for a lot less money.  

I always tell people to go and get their growing supplies from the same place your grandparents are getting the stuff for their vegetable and flower gardens.  It's a lot cheaper.

Just out of curiousity, i assume your making teas to feed with? Any experience with earthworm castings? Not to be meant as an ad, but i have access to one of the largest earth worm farms in the U.S. and it's right here in MI. They have actually taken it upon my family to distribute their worms castings, and while we are waiting on the larger accounts for next spring... I would love to send our surplus bags around to compassion clubs for members to use free of charge and get some reviews on the product. Not sure how to go about this, but noticed in your tag your involved in the cc scene. Maybe i should start another thread to see if there is interest?

But as far as the reveg goes, thanks, i guess it's a waiting game now!

I don't know about others but I flush to get the nutrients out of the mix forcing the plant to use nutrients stored In its leaves, it makes for cleaner and smoother burning smoke...u don't want black ash.i use sensi line in sunshine mix and at my feed rates I need to flush halfway through because of salt build up or i start getting lock outs.advanced seems to need it more than say gh lines.

I don't know about others but I flush to get the nutrients out of the mix forcing the plant to use nutrients stored In its leaves, it makes for cleaner and smoother burning smoke...u don't want black ash.i use sensi line in sunshine mix and at my feed rates I need to flush halfway through because of salt build up or i start getting lock outs.advanced seems to need it more than say gh lines.

I don't use anything like that.  No salt except for the residual salt in kelp meal makes it into my grow.  I don't have problems with clean smooth taste either.  I'm often complimented on it actually. There are a lot of growers around here that really don't know what they're doing though.  Most haven't even learned to trim properly yet. They think any leaf coming out of a bud is supposed to stay there.

Most organic growers that know what they're doing end up with really smooth tasting aromatic flowers but there's been quite a few that tasted like crap. Yup lotsa leafy stuff around too.lol I think they really know better but are hoping it adds weight.i take Nd trim the fan leaves when I cut em then once dry ill trim all the sugar leaves off and make earwax or bho from it or just give it to my patients to do make w/e they want out of it.

• 3 months later...

I'm thinking of regenerating a few girls. I have only done it once with below average results. I make tea's and have been flushing for 2 weeks...

1. Is it smart to pull flowers a little earlier than the norm so the plants have more life left to reveg?

2. Does the quality or the yield go down after a reveg like 3rd gen clones?

3.Whats the preferred method of pruning a reveg & transplant? Also I want to go from a 5gal to a 7 gal transplant with new soil.

Clones don't lose any quality on third generation.  They never lose quality on any generation.  They are clones....an exact replica of the mother plant.  

Basic genetics.

I'm probably 30-40 generations out on a couple of strains.  No mom in over four years.  No difference in timing, yield, or quality.