Whats Wrong With This Picture

Upset by apathy?  Now you understand how the people that are working in Lansing to uphold and defend the law feel.  Many of these people work tirelessly, sometimes on a daily basis, and always with no pay.  They come on the forum boards and all people do is insult them and tell them they don't understand the issues.  That some of these people continue to fight for the very people that denigrate them is always a surprise to me.

3 people show for Bob Redden . Now this . I in my opinion this people here mistake the word Compassion for GREED . 7 pledges what a joke

Thank you Mr. King 

we will not be asking for any support again i have talked to the guy in the wheelchair thats doing this and have posted our support for him on his Facebook page i would have pledged $$ but i used what money i had saved to go to the fundraiser for Jammie $20.00 for gas $20.00 for the food $5.00  for 6 tickets to win maybe  a prize $10.00 for two drinks Non- alcohol  

Thank you Mr. King 

we will not be asking for any support again i have talked to the guy in the wheelchair thats doing this and have posted our support for him on his Facebook page i would have pledged $$ but i used what money i had saved to go to the fundraiser for Jammie $20.00 for gas $20.00 for the food $5.00  for 6 tickets to win maybe  a prize $10.00 for two drinks Non- alcohol  

I'm in about the same financial situation.  I have to feed my two kids before I can pledge money.

K.P you must be one of the 7 that donated, thats awsome!   I had no idea about this,  with that said, im not realy sure if I would have donated or not, and the reason is not because I dont believe in the cause,  Its because my wallet cant afford the cause.

I wonder how many people have been thru what my family has been thru in the last 5 yrs? actualy since 1998 for me!  My life changed forever on may 30 1998 that is the day I became disabled, It took a few yrs before I didnt have an income, but when my auto ins loss of wages ran out, I got 2 yrs no worrys than that 3rd yr they decided to stop paying me and my dr.'s, I wound up getting my 3rd yr but I got nothing, it was enough to pay my dr bills and attny nothing for me. I quickly went thru any savings I had, and it took me 8yrs to get ssdi!!!

skip ahead to 2008, I meet a wonderful woman with 3 kids at home, she was divorced 3 yrs prior to that, she was at the end of getting 2 associate degrees in adminastrative law and in the prison gaurd accademy and on aid to help pay for her home and kids and feed them, I told her imediatly im on ssdi and I will never work again, this is my income and I will be getting no more unless they give me cola raises!

We dated and got too know each other for about a yr, and than I moved in with her, when I got here I seen that every month something got shut off, electric, land line phone, propane for heat, and her home was in foreclosure! I about killed myself and so did she so we could first get the house back on track and out of foreclosure, not an easy thing, 5 yrs later we are paying all of our bills on time, we have a budget, she is working 56hrs a week as a home health aid and we are still living pay check to pay check, we have maybe a month of bills saved ahead of time MAYBE!  we had a nice ford explorer sit for over a yr with a bad transmission till we could afford to pay to get it fixed w/o having our bills fall behind!  we had very meek christmases for the kids and their birthdays, we did go camping alot, and we did it in free places on state land! so we were able to do fun things for free, we couldnt even get a pizza delivered!   There is a whole lot more to my real life adventure i just shared, but I think every one gets the picture and im pretty sure alot of people had to go thru what we did and didnt dig their way out, our first and foremost bill is now to try and get at least 6 months ahead on our bills, im not getting any younger and niether is she, she can not keep up with her busy schedual, she is a life time migrain sufferer and it is getting worse with the added work and knowing she can not stop for 10 yrs or more, most likly more,

so please dont expect a whole lot of people who can not work to be donating to causes, they simply cant afford it, I live in mid mich, iosco county and I simply can not make it to some of the bigger court cases that are all the way down in oakland county or further from me, I dont even visit my family who lives in macomb county because we cant afford to, I have 2 grand children I have not met yet, one is 3 yrs old and the other is less than a month old, my son is in the marines and stationed in oregon!

Ive been thru 3 small mm cases my self, I never asked anyone for help or to show up at my court hearings,,It is my opinion that I messed up and I will get it fixed on my own, out of the 3 cases I only had an attny on 1 of them and he was court appted and matt able spoke to him on the phone to give him some help!

I wish I could do more for others, but I have to be honest My Family has to come first!

Peace

Jim

sometime just words of support is enough to help someone keep doing what they do and money can't by that kind of support

They do more than insulting people that can't afford to help financially.  You have to remember that a lot of people within our community are strapped financially because of medical problems.  To shout that those same people are "WEAK" and "LAME" because they often can't even afford to support themselves, let alone pledge money, isn't really helping the cause.

They do more than insulting people that can't afford to help financially.  You have to remember that a lot of people within our community are strapped financially because of medical problems.  To shout that those same people are "WEAK" and "LAME" because they often can't even afford to support themselves, let alone pledge money, isn't really helping the cause.

Cell you know as well as I know some people are using the law to profit, Im not gonna slam some one for what I did before the law!  nothing is gonna mess me up in life again If I can control it, and me not selling my mm for an extra income is just the way I am now! my pt is my lady, my c.g, well I cant complain at all about him, now with me just saying im a c.g to my lady and have a c.g people think im up to something sneaky, What im upto is trying not to run out of meds, and making oil from my c.g's scraps for his other pts and me!

Peace

Jim

Cell you know as well as I know some people are using the law to profit, Im not gonna slam some one for what I did before the law!  nothing is gonna mess me up in life again If I can control it, and me not selling my mm for an extra income is just the way I am now! my pt is my lady, my c.g, well I cant complain at all about him, now with me just saying im a c.g to my lady and have a c.g people think im up to something sneaky, What im upto is trying not to run out of meds, and making oil from my c.g's scraps for his other pts and me!

Peace

Jim

Believe me, I understand.  I'm in the same financial boat.  I just didn't think it was fair to insult people for being poor.

i have not used the words Weak or Lame i said by telling someone they are doing a good job is sometimes more then money can buy

i have not used the words Weak or Lame i said by telling someone they are doing a good job is sometimes more then money can buy

I didn't say you did Bob, but someone else did in their posts above.  All you have to do is scroll back and read them.

• Forum Leaders
  • staff.png
  • 2,886 posts

Posted Today, 03:21 PM

bobandtorey, on 01 Jul 2013 - 09:15, said:snapback.png

sometime just words of support is enough to help someone keep doing what they do and money can't by that kind of support

I think you may have misinterpreted what I said.  The "they" that I'm referring to in the opening of my post is in reference to your "words of support" comment.  I was agreeing that words of support help, and they are much more effective than insults.

Understand it now?