Mmp Denies Disability Discount In Secret Move, Only "full Ssi Gets Discount (And They Informed No One) !

Murph

good points murph.

i saw one mm article by the reporter and it was just straight news on a township's ordinances.

so we'll find out later. :)

still its better than zero responses from the various radio, tv and paper outlets i tried.

Media news is now "entertainment" not news. The demise of the paper news is one of many reasons. Notice Mlive is almost ALL criminal police/LEO Blotter as it sells papers (we Americans love to know who is in "trouble" even though We have let them, the Powers that be, lock up half our Generation for this nebulous "drugs" -).

We need to go the Route Portugal went in 2001 - decrim all drugs. In Portugal possession of small "personal" amounts of any drug is a ticket and a fine, some counseling. No Jail. Sensible -- many people predicted it would become the capital of drugs - no such thing happened and their drug use rates stayed in line with most other Countries that have criminal penalties.

Follow Portugal lead and DECRIMINALIZE !

M

M

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Media news is now "entertainment" not news. The demise of the paper news is one of many reasons. Notice Mlive is almost ALL criminal police/LEO Blotter as it sells papers (we Americans love to know who is in "trouble" even though We have let them, the Powers that be, lock up half our Generation for this nebulous "drugs" -).

We need to go the Route Portugal went in 2001 - decrim all drugs. In Portugal possession of small "personal" amounts of any drug is a ticket and a fine, some counseling. No Jail. Sensible -- many people predicted it would become the capital of drugs - no such thing happened and their drug use rates stayed in line with most other Countries that have criminal penalties.

Follow Portugal lead and DECRIMINALIZE !

M

M

Great point

B&T ,

Any idea how many people might be coming to Lansing this evening??

IF it is just two or three people, it just seems smarter to keep it online, save the gas, and time going to Lansing --and do everything online

(as we can do everything online with Google hangouts & Google Docs we could do face to face).

The research I have so far makes it iffy -- I still believe Hitting LARA with some complaints/suits/admin complaint -- but if it is not 100% win possible then it would be damaging and costly to take a loosing complaint to Court --

I still subscribe it better than nothing - but, on the other hand, if four or five people are the only involvement it's just an ongoing repeating of regular apathy Michigan MM people have (towards advocating something better).

Too few people involved when actual work, or money, or action is needed.

It absolutely amazes me people will go to a rally in front of the Capital (which does absolutely nothing, legally speaking), and is

NOT enough people to "impress" or scare lawmakers (less than 10,000 people is nothing to a State Senator or Rep. who gets that many votes).....

I for one have racked my brains on how to overcome the apathy here in Michigan, but have no better ideas now than a year, or two, or three ago.

Hope someone can post if the above is correct or not.....don't want to drive to see two or three people, We can do that many people working online.

M

B&T , Any idea how many people might be coming to Lansing this evening?? IF it is just two or three people, it just seems smarter to keep it online, save the gas, and time going to Lansing --and do everything online (as we can do everything online with Google hangouts & Google Docs we could do face to face). The research I have so far makes it iffy -- I still believe Hitting LARA with some complaints/suits/admin complaint -- but if it is not 100% win possible then it would be damaging and costly to take a loosing complaint to Court -- I still subscribe it better than nothing - but, on the other hand, if four or five people are the only involvement it's just an ongoing repeating of regular apathy Michigan MM people have (towards advocating something better). Too few people involved when actual work, or money, or action is needed. It absolutely amazes me people will go to a rally in front of the Capital (which does absolutely nothing, legally speaking), and is NOT enough people to "impress" or scare lawmakers (less than 10,000 people is nothing to a State Senator or Rep. who gets that many votes)..... I for one have racked my brains on how to overcome the apathy here in Michigan, but have no better ideas now than a year, or two, or three ago. Hope someone can post if the above is correct or not.....don't want to drive to see two or three people, We can do that many people working online. M

i do agree theirs is no support in the court room or outside and there our many groups Across the State but not one group has the same idea how to get their