Will Hb 4271 Require Mandatory Testing Of Marijuana At Dispensaries? Yes, Says Callton

HB 4271 is officially called The Provisioning Centers Act of 2013. Sponsored by Rep. Michael Callton, R- Nashville, it creates the ability for local governments to license and zone in medical marijuana dispensaries- and be protected from state or county-level intrusion.

http://www.thecompassionchronicles.com/2013/07/11/will-hb-4271-require-mandatory-testing-of-marijuana-at-dispensaries-yes-says-callton/

I get calls all the time from the NRA telling me that the Government is trying to take everyones GUN's and we need your help today how much $$ can we count on you giving today

I say were  have you been  Mr. NRA they our also trying to take everyones grow room away too and when i wrote  to you in an E-mail  you 

didn't care so how much can i count on your support  today they hang up

The only way that the people in Lansing our going to pass the HB4271 is if the centers tell them it at safe for people to grow in their basements and the only way for the State to make $$$ off the sick is controlling and Taxing it 

this is not what i want

Ok, that bill has some really interesting clarifications, such as a preparation that is to have MMJ in it is not counted as weight...  Also, you can't transfer more than 2.5oz per 10 day period, meaning, it is acceptable for a PT to use 2.5 oz every 10 days, which gives great ammo to the Section 8 defense.

I digress, I am an advocate for dispensaries, as long as the CG/PT laws remain.  It is very important, but it is also important for a CG to be able to buy for their PT's if he has a crop failure.  Section 8 sepcifically says I can do basically whatever is necessary to ensure a constant supply to my PT's, but the court rulings make it so no one can sell to me legally if I have crop failure.  So the only assurance to consistent supply right now is to hold more than 2.5 oz per PT, which takes away section 4..

Its all a cluster F&*( and I believe (with some tweaks) the provisioning center act could make things better for people and it would take power away from CG's.  PT's wouldn't be stuck with a bad CG, they could drop the CG and just use a Center until they found a new one.

One thing I would like to know which I haven't seen is: what's the tax rate going to be?  How can a CG transfer overages to the Center?  etc.

Cedar

there only has to be one news article

'rep john doe says open pot shops!' 

and the whole bill will be axed.

you've seen how much 'support' marijuana gets in the legislature. 

no way this passes.

also i read 4271, its got so many strange rules that make no sense.

its like half a bill.

its like there has to be a companion bill that we havent seen yet.

half of the bill is dedicated to saying that any city can ban the dispensaries.

i've only seen like 3 cities even talk about allowing dispensaries (ypsi and a2, maybe kzoo?).

but the rest of the cities pass ordinances against everything mmj they can.

so right out of the gate, it seems like a piece of dead legislation.

that second bill is the one that will remove grow rights from patients like in all other states with state dispensaries.

does irwin still support this bill?

Edited by t-pain

This is another issue to address as a community. Please attend the meeting on the 16th. It will not conclusively address a single, or even a few singular issues, although there will be some room for discussion. I hope to find people who are willing to put in the necessary work to fight any and all intrusions by the government, and to engage in more wide ranging and long standing efforts. Much that needs to be done requires that we keep our eyes on the ball and our noses to the grindstone, while at the same time keeping our noses in the wind and our eyes on the horizon.

Edited by GregS

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to offend you bob, I got on here to see what the bill was and didn't find it. I thought that I would post the link I found so that anybody else that that just wanted to read it could. Sorry didn't think it would be such a problem, I won't let it happen again.

Yea your fine bro....... I am sure Bob did not mean anything bad by it.

Yea your fine bro....... I am sure Bob did not mean anything bad by it.

of course i didn't i don't worry about the people here that read and no whats going on but most people have no idea of things that go bump in the night i was at someones house the other day that has a Big grow room and he is next door to a school 

Thanks

Will Hb 4271 Require Mandatory Testing Of Marijuana At Dispensaries? Yes, Says Callton

Yes, says Irwin;

I support the rights of medical marijuana patients and caregivers, as guaranteed under the state constitution.  That is the main reason I co-sponsored this bill. Many witnesses have given moving testimony at recent hearings as to why they need dispensaries. They need a reliable supply of lab-tested marijuana medications, and many of them are too sick or inexperienced to produce their own medications.

Get your wallets out because they are after your grow rooms it's no secret they (the State) don't want people to grow in there basements 

Irwin says No:

I understand that you and many others in the medical marijuana community are concerned about protecting the autonomy of home growers, worrying that vertical integration (dispensaries controlling marijuana production from seed to sale) will put caregivers at a competitive disadvantage. My colleagues and I will continue to work during the committee process to ensure that the bill is narrowly written and does not impair the constitutionally protected role of caregivers. Nothing in the current bill would prevent caregivers from growing marijuana as they do now, nor would it force patients to buy from dispensaries. If, as you fear, dispensaries raise prices to unaffordable levels, then customers will go elsewhere. If caregivers are producing better marijuana at better prices, they will be able to compete with dispensaries for patients. Patients will have more options, not fewer.

• 4 weeks later...

Get your wallets out because they are after your grow rooms it's no secret they (the State) don't want people to grow in there basements 

Is this bill going anywhere..?  I seriously cannot even keep up with all these changes...it kinda out of control.  But that is what they want to keep the Prison Industrial complex thriving..!!