Moving Back To Michigan From Kansas Hello Ya'll !

First off I would like to extend a warm hello to all the fine folks here. Now, I am unsure where to start on this wonderful journey. I would like to obtain my patient certification and grow my own clean organic medicine. I have severe arthritis in my hands from years of manual labor. The extreme heat and humidity is a real drag in Kansas for me. I am also unable to gain weight. I am a 40 year old man 6 foot tall . I moved to Kansas for work 5 years ago weighing 180 lbs. I struggle to get 150 on a good day. I have half the energy that I used to. My question is where do I go to see if I qualify for what I know helps my pain ? In Kansas it illegal to use...I will be moving back in the fall .

Edited by casper medz

MI is the grower magnet.  It used to be CA, then OR and then CO, but now it is MI ranking tops in the green rush.  I get calls from West Virginia, Wisconsin, North Dakota where the rough necks make $35 an hour and the welders $55, all wanting to pursue their grow dream.  Do you know a realtor?  A doctor?  Those are the top two ?s.

First off I'm moving BACK to Michigan. Lived in the Cadillac area for 35 years. NO I'm not looking to make ANY money growing. I simply want to grow my own meds. I made 6 grand a month for 5 years . Do the math . I need No money . I'm not some desperate Roughneck as you call it. I'm moving back to Michigan anyhow. Just wanted to know if I could be legal, and maybe hold a fishing rod again, oh ..oh and for heavans sake eat something ! Is it common that you bash all new people here? Is this some rite of passage? I've seen it all out here. Just want some quality to mylife. By the way I'm not some single low life hotel junkie. I have a wife of 12 years 3 children. 20, 18 , 16 And a beautiful 15 month old granddaughter. We have a very nice life here, except the heat. Ever wake up at 5 a.m. to 85 expecting 115 knowing you will be in it for 10-12 hours ? If I'm not welcome all you have to do is say the word.

if you have chronic debilitating pain with your athritis of the hands, you can qualify.

you have to be over 18 and a resident of michigan, get a doctors rec, and mail in the rec + forms + $100 and wait 25 days.

if you dont have a regular doctor , you can find a compassion clinic or mmj doctor in the newspapers, craigslist, or weedmaps website. theres even some ads on the side of the site here.

if you say what city you'll be moving to, someone may know of a good doctor in that area for you.

welcome to the site. some of the people here arent so welcoming, i think hes focused on your name 'casper medz'

which is what many people who wish to grow for profit name themselves. 'good meds' 'cheapmeds' etc.

i didnt know kansas got so hot. i'm not a fan of the heat. especially 115!

anyways feel free to ask questions. lots of good info and people here.

Welcome to the 3MA!   Many of us here will do our best to help answer your questions!

Do you visit a doctor in Kansas for your arthritis?  Are you on any medication for it? 

Severe, chronic pain is a qualifying condition in Michigan.  It sounds like if you are unable to hold things in your hands, your pain may be severe?   Am I right in assuming its not something that developed last week and has been ongoing for sometime?

If your pain is severe and chronic and you have medical proof of such, you should not have a problem becoming certified.  

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be moving back to Cadillac . My family loves the area . By the way Casper is my true name. Since it was meds I need I figured it was a good fit. Sorry if I offended some members with using it. I am new here, I was unaware of such things. I do have Michigan records for when I had Carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand in 2002. I was only 29 ! I have used up my hands making a living for my family. I have not been seen by a doctor for my hands since 2002. However it has gotten to the point where I am forced to work a low paying factory job that doesn't require much dexterity . Thank you so much. See you up in gods country !