Freep Photographer Arrested For Filming Police

DETROIT – According to the Detroit Free Press, Detroit police arrested their photographer Mandi Wright July 11 as she was filming the seizure of a young Black man by eight officers, seven in plainclothes.

Wright was taken to the Northeast District and held for six and one-half hours in the same interrogation room as the young man. She was told she would be charged with obstruction and resisting a police officer, but, said the Freep, no charges had been filed as of July 15.

Mandi Wright has been a journalist since 2000. She is one of the Freep’s best videographers. Recently, she filmed the complete trial of Detroit police officer Joseph Weekley on manslaughter charges in the killing of seven-year-old Aiyana Jones, for live stream coverage, a job that took great stamina. She also took still photographs, such as the one of Aiyana’s grandmother Mertilla Jones below.

- See more at: http://voiceofdetroit.net/2013/07/16/freep-photographer-arrested-for-filming-police/#sthash.fid2P2Sz.dpuf

http://voiceofdetroit.net/2013/07/16/freep-photographer-arrested-for-filming-police/

No charges Will be brought.

The Federal Supreme Court recently ruled that filming Police is Not Obstruction and permissible.

Evidently the Police don't like that ruling.

It seems after reading this whole article, that there is this Wide spread intimidation by the Police forces of America.

Oh Well , America the One time Home of the Free and Land of the Brave is Rapidly becoming the Home of the Imprisoned and Afraid.

Too bad, it was Nice while it lasted.

Now that the Rich and their brothers in Corporate America write All the Laws, the common Citizen is

But Grist for their mill of wealth.

Right to work good for you guys?

I thought Not...

Hey I know lets get rid of All the organizations that want equal pay for equal work.

Sounds good to the Corporations, they are getting fatter everyday, Are you?

I thought not.

Will we ever wake up to the destruction of our freedoms and our economy?

I doubt it..

My thoughts on where we are headed as a nation.

Edited by ilynnboy

No charges Will be brought.

The Federal Supreme Court recently ruled that filming Police is Not Obstruction and permissible.

Evidently the Police don't like that ruling.

It seems after reading this whole article, that there is this Wide spread intimidation by the Police forces of America.

Oh Well , America the One time Home of the Free and Land of the Brave is Rapidly becoming the Home of the Imprisoned and Afraid.

Too bad, it was Nice while it lasted.

Now that the Rich and their brothers in Corporate America write All the Laws, the common Citizen is

But Grist for their mill of wealth.

Right to work good for you guys?

I thought Not...

Hey I know lets get rid of All the organizations that want equal pay for equal work.

Sounds good to the Corporations, they are getting fatter everyday, Are you?

I thought not.

Will we ever wake up to the destruction of our freedoms and our economy?

I doubt it..

My thoughts on where we are headed as a nation.

Bottom line is that we can thank the fknRepublicans for all their corporate sponsored, anti-government, privatization (of prisons), anti-union, anti-women agenda that they willingly foist on the the American public.

VOTE DEMOCRATIC AND GET THE CORPORATIONS OFF OUR BACKS!

Some will say" The Democrats are just as bad!". How many Democratic Legislators can you name who are in favor of Right To Work laws, privatization of prisons, and restricting women's rights?

Things are getting bad out there.

The only way we can stop the police is for the federal government to step in or for the citizens to take matters into their own hands. I am hoping that the feds step in, but I have my doubts about them also. Will it come to armed rebellion?

Fat chance when the Federales are backing up the locals !

Ya know I thought id be long dead before the police state was established we are now bugs in a jar but at least they poked some holes in the lid .

It was established under Nixon when he started the War on Drugs.  It got really bad in the 80s under Reagan, and worse in the 90s under Clinton.  The erosion of our civil rights after 9-11 was incredible and really instituted the police state in which we now live.  

Just wanted to point out that you have actually been living in the police state almost your whole life.