Marijuana Kingpin Responds

These forfeiture laws are nothing more than policing for dollars. So many times, they are simply used as 'leverage' to force pleas. Most, if not all, of the cases I've seen are simple 'snatch and grabs' in the course of a raid, as my experience is with medical marijuana patients and caregivers. Lights, cars, small amounts of cash (ie what is in the patient's pocket or on the dresser), plants, etc are taken, and large bonds are required to get them back.

Remove the financial incentives and let the police and prosecutors return to doing what the taxpayers PAY them to do, solve crimes, keep our communities safe, and deal with actual criminals.

Prosecutors should prosecute criminals, not sue for financial gain. Who gets this money? The police. You want to keep the laws on the books and use them to financially 'punish' drug offenders? How about mandate the proceeds go to charity, not the police departments and prosecutors.

Dr. Bob

It isn't right that people should have this much power over their fellow citizens.

Our politicians have to fix this.

The politicians are fixing this!!!!!!!!     There making it so our law is fixed the way they want it to be, instead of what the people voted for,  If you think voting a few people out will fix this, I say wake up, a politician is a politician is a polititician...dont matter dems or repubs, they are all sell outs, they all have a price and I know I cant afford it!

Peace

Jim

The politicians are fixing this!!!!!!!!     There making it so our law is fixed the way they want it to be, instead of what the people voted for,  If you think voting a few people out will fix this, I say wake up, a politician is a politician is a polititician...dont matter dems or repubs, they are all sell outs, they all have a price and I know I cant afford it!

Peace

Jim

I concur........

And i agree  Jim vote them OUT 2016 is not that far off and it will be a lot of work so lets get Started today 

don't delay give today to the MMMA because we all know it's going to take money $$$ 

P,S,A ASA G.S.A.  M.S.A MPP, TH-S MI, i could go on and on the point  is we need one group 

And thats the MMMA 

I have 4 3MA Membership card's 

#201,#623,#505,and one from 4/20/2011 with no # 

Peace

Jim

I believe that it is mostly Republicans who are dogging medical marijuana patients. The conservatives refuse to accept marijuana as medicine. This doesn't surprise me though since one branch of the Pentecostal/Evangelical wing, the Christian Scientists, don't even believe in modern medicine or science and the Mormons can't even drink coffee or anything stronger. All these groups are solid Republicans. I believe that if the government was controlled by Democrats or Independents things would be a lot different.

Then again I might be dreaming because Dianne Hathaway, that judge who got fired for perpetrating fraud, is a Democrat.

medical marijuana support is split in both republican and democratic parties.

theres still about 30% democrats against medical marijuana.

dont remember if theres been a poll about marijuana and religion, but probably more religious are against it.

green party is more for it i think.

And i agree  Jim vote them OUT 2016 is not that far off and it will be a lot of work so lets get Started today 

don't delay give today to the MMMA because we all know it's going to take money $$$ 

P,S,A ASA G.S.A.  M.S.A MPP, TH-S MI, i could go on and on the point  is we need one group 

And thats the MMMA 

I have 4 3MA Membership card's 

#201,#623,#505,and one from 4/20/2011 with no # 

I think the only way to vote them out is no incumbents, but we will most likely wind up with the same type of government, dif day same ole shcit! I can see more and more independents maybe helping the cause!  On the other hand, ive totaly given up hope on our power hungry government they want to keep their thumb on us, and determin how long we may live or die! if all ssi and ssdi people were dying at the rate of 50 yrs ago, big bro would be pretty happy I excpect!

Peace

Jim

I believe that it is mostly Republicans who are dogging medical marijuana patients. The conservatives refuse to accept marijuana as medicine. This doesn't surprise me though since one branch of the Pentecostal/Evangelical wing, the Christian Scientists, don't even believe in modern medicine or science and the Mormons can't even drink coffee or anything stronger. All these groups are solid Republicans. I believe that if the government was controlled by Democrats or Independents things would be a lot different.

Then again I might be dreaming because Dianne Hathaway, that judge who got fired for perpetrating fraud, is a Democrat.

You are living in a fantasy land created by your dedication to your political party. That is part of the problem. People need to start thinking for themselves and stop buying whatever the media shoves down your throat because they are also zombies of the political party. The politicians need to stop being corrupt and things will be as they should. I know I know they are just human and humans make mistakes. They are not making mistakes they are being corrupt and knowingly doing so. ALMOST ALL OF THEM. Your democratic party is as corrupt as the rest...... If not more....... They did have a chance to run things and guess what they did nothing and I mean nothing, unless you count the damage they will be doing to this country with some of their legislation that even they now regret. They couldnt even and wouldnt even work on passing a budget, in how many years? Everyone needs to quite voting for who their employers or the media tell them to.....

You are living in a fantasy land created by your dedication to your political party. That is part of the problem. People need to start thinking for themselves and stop buying whatever the media shoves down your throat because they are also zombies of the political party. The politicians need to stop being corrupt and things will be as they should. I know I know they are just human and humans make mistakes. They are not making mistakes they are being corrupt and knowingly doing so. ALMOST ALL OF THEM. Your democratic party is as corrupt as the rest...... If not more....... They did have a chance to run things and guess what they did nothing and I mean nothing, unless you count the damage they will be doing to this country with some of their legislation that even they now regret. They couldnt even and wouldnt even work on passing a budget, in how many years? Everyone needs to quite voting for who their employers or the media tell them to.....

OK, but you have to agree that it is mainly conservatives who oppose this law. At least they are the most vehement in their opposition. The conservative's party is the Republican Party. No?

The Republicans are currently in solid control of the government in Michigan. They could do much to advance the medical marijuana program in the state, instead they are doing everything they can to thwart progress. In fact, they are doing everything they can to stuff the program into a hole and bury it.

I have not gotten this opinion from a media zombie of the Democratic Party. All I have done is observe what the Republicans/Conservatives have done.

IMHO we need to start a grass roots movement for gov. We need someone who has NO party connection!! We need to start at the top!!! Get a normal everyday "JOE" to lead this great state!

As someone els said,maybe the best way is to gather enough signitures to MAKE it law,ballot initive just like OUR law they want to gutt at every turn.. Michigan has no incumbent anything! 2 terms and done!! Get the fuk out! Let new ideas in,elect someone that actually cares what happens in michigan!!

$$$$ and influnce control everything,this has to change or we'll all be asking for more corruption by big business...

Only a few thoughts of the s h I t that's goes through my mind daily/hourly!! Soon its going to be armed revolution..wait till a wheelbarrel full of cash can't buy a loaf of bread,thats where we are headed! Call us ROME....and we/I do not want the chaos!

We are headed for failure!!

Random

We all like minded have to hang together!! -or- we'll hang seperatly!! Wait & see...

Edited by RandomStoner

OK, but you have to agree that it is mainly conservatives who oppose this law. At least they are the most vehement in their opposition. The conservative's party is the Republican Party. No?

The Republicans are currently in solid control of the government in Michigan. They could do much to advance the medical marijuana program in the state, instead they are doing everything they can to thwart progress. In fact, they are doing everything they can to stuff the program into a hole and bury it.

I have not gotten this opinion from a media zombie of the Democratic Party. All I have done is observe what the Republicans/Conservatives have done.

I can agree that more conservatives are against MMJ....... But that does not mean the Dems are on our side either. You see the reality is that they have all fought us so long that they do not know how to stop. Believing that if there were all Dems up there that we would then have it made is just not realistic. How many Dems voted for the 4 bills that helped screw us? How many Dems have helped us as MMJ patients? You can ask the same questions of the Repubs and get a sickening answer on both sides.

• 3 months later...