August 3- Date Concentrates/edibles Become Illegal?

I guess they are forcing us to smoke raw cannabis  with worthless  fibers ,  how nice of them  

They aren't forcing us to give up the flowers and leaves.  They are forcing us to temporarily give up things that are made from the flowers and leaves, which is illegal and will be overturned.  Stop panicking and thinking the sky is falling.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plants are protected explicitly under section 4, not as "usable marihuana."

possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana,

(k) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plan

Not a living plant,,  

It's the first clause in Section 4:

4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount. The privilege from arrest under this subsection applies only if the qualifying patient presents both his or her registry identification card and a valid driver license or government-issued identification card that bears a photographic image of the qualifying patient.

Not the way i read it,,   2,5 oz   what ever it is   if you have a pound of butter your over they do not know how much cannabis is in it  Hash ,, hash oil ..you can just weight it,,   Hash oil Hash is covered if you do not exceed the 2,5     butter  cookies  brownies  ext,  they say they have no way of knowing how much is in it ,, so no protections over the 2,5 limit   , that is they way i read it,,, anyway.

yea I kinda read it the same way,  The only dif is they say they need to know/see or be able to find out if it was made from leaf or budds.

I also read it to say that we are only allowed to smoke it, the budds and leaves have to be reconizable,

as for brownies, I guess the big thing was, They were made with oil or cannabutter and there was no way to realy measure the actual amount of mm used to make it, so they weigh the whole pan of cup cakes, butter, tinctures,ect,,,,,,,,Either way its a big blow to pts, and c.g's who were helping cancer pt's and many other ailgments!

Peace

Jim

I guess they will have to use ground cannabis in gel capsules until we get this ironed out.

Even Dr. Bob was concerned that decarbed herb wouldn't be visibly recognized as usable marijuana by law enforcement due to the color change and crisping. How can we be sure law enforcement would recognize ground up cannabis as "usable" per the coa ruling? I mean can't you see a cop saying: "How do I know there isn't any hash in here? It's ground up and I can't tell what is in here- I can't recognize it as usable marijuana"

Uhhh, so a small bottle of oil with a tiny leaf is gonna work ya think?  It won't be obvious to the casual observer that all that oil did NOT come from a "tiny" leaf?

On one of my possesion arrests for mm, That my card got me out of before arraignment, They also found empty lil glass bottles I use to put my bho in, on the leo report it said suspected black tar herion!!  I had to laugh my donkey off when I went to the po po station to retreive my .22 long rifle and bullets they confisctated along with an 1/8 of bud and some empty glass bottles and mj paraphanilia, pipes papers etc, when I read the report, I told the officer they are idiots, did you find any needles or other tools used for herion, its marijuana oil , they sent all out to labs, funny as all hell, they realy thought they had me with something ilegal!

I got my gun back the first bussiness day after it was taken, before any meetings or araignments, Im allowed to have a loaded weapon in my camper on state land, or they would not have given it back to me, that is the 2nd time they confiscated loaded weapons from me, 1 time in my home and 1 time camping on state land with a camping permit!

I havent paid for a high priced attny since I was a young dumb kid and got my self into some major conflicts, mostly driving conflicts and bar fights lmao!

I was making bho and when it was done, I would mix it with a lil bit of my vaped mm I save, and I roll it into sticks, and then I put keif down and roll the sticks in that, it makes it non sticky, it is edible, smokable and cookable, I guess the way I finish it does show a lil bit of the crushed leaves on it, as far as the law that is coming into effect, I guess it will still make my bho rolls ilegal!

I am in shock over the coa ruling, it is beyond stupidity!

Peace

Jim

They are trying to make this law unworkable and the more people from our own community agree with them the more they will take........

Unfortunately a strict constructionist interpretation of the MMMA may lead the Supreme Court to concur with the COA. Edibles have always kind of been a grey area and a section 8 issue due to the weights involved, and bho/rso, well...

This is a topic that would be better addressed by the legislature than the judicial branch. We're banking a lot on the judicial branch- we don't know if this will be appealed, and there's a good chance the SC would apply the same strict constructionist interpretation.

Edited by Natesilver

I dont think the decision has actualy set in on every one,, I know I dont want to believe it!  It is pure nonsense, it leaves no room for many pt's that dont smoke and dont want to smoke.

They are making it very hard for alot of people to stay within the law, Im pretty sure alot of the people treating cancer pts are beside them selves and they have every right to be, smh

Peace

Jim

I don't think anybody in this community agrees with this decision.  

Thats my point when it was a ruling that didnt affect those that have access to meds already, well it was something that we just have to accept but now the shoe is on the other foot....... Sucks dont it???? A true travesty

AS I said before if the SC does not hear and reverse this ruling then they will finish chopping the sec 4 protections out of this law. Why bother sending them the 100 bucks? At this point all we will be doing is funding the police, with our own money, to arrest us all.

Edited by ozzrokk

Cav, you remind me of someone. Ol lawyer/aquaintence from A2. Initials JS. Anyway in your quest to Legally Dissect the Cannabis Plant, riddle me this in your infinite knowledge of things Legal, Objective v Subjective, etc. What are the ramifications of using a relatively pejorative term to describe the subject of many of ours reasons for existence. In a Court of Law. The Law of the Land. And even Common Law. Does that not cross the line from Objective to Subjective?  That being the case then how do we get an Objective Decision in this Country? Or any Country, except maybe Portugal or Holland .

Ok you say growing plants are still protected great, and  2.5 dry usable  leafs and flowers are protected,, and you say  Quote    Usable material is defined, in part, as the dried leaves and flowers.  

Now what is wet drying cannabis?  that is now not protected? from what has been posted it is not,,

Ok you say growing plants are still protected great, and  2.5 dry usable  leafs and flowers are protected,, and you say  Quote    Usable material is defined, in part, as the dried leaves and flowers.  

Now what is wet drying cannabis?  that is now not protected? from what has been posted it is not,,

Right better change the way you dry your chit if you want to stay protected under the card......... Stupid isnt it?

I believe that is one of the things that has always been a grey area.  I always say that if it's wet now, it will be dry by the time you go to court, at which point it will be usable.  I always try to leave a plant slot open and stay somewhat under my maximum weight to allow for this.   Either way, I'll be protected.