Can An Unregistered Patient Have A Caregiver That Is Protected By Section 8?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mho There was lo court precedent set on that. But could be re-opened, why I dunno, but If you have a Qualifying Condition you could technically have some protection. [up to 100%] After you worked it to MAC or SC. A caregiver to said Patient,   hmmmmm ....

The smart money bet is, see the Doc & Pay the State, relax, be happy  and go check on your plants ! 

mho There was lo court precedent set on that. But could be re-opened, why I dunno, but If you have a Qualifying Condition you could technically have some protection. [up to 100%] After you worked it to MAC or SC. A caregiver to said Patient,   hmmmmm ....

The smart money bet is, see the Doc & Pay the State, relax, be happy  and go check on your plants ! 

And if you bake a plate of cookies go to prison.

But wait. You can opt to bake cookies and use the AD.

Edited by GregS

Can an unregistered patient have a caregiver that is protected by section 8?

Yes- in this instance, the caregiver would be unregistered. By extension, a registered patient could have an unregistered caregiver that is protected by section 8. This is not to say that people can act as unregistered caregivers for any random patient without taking effort to document the (unregistered) caregiver/patient relationship.

Nate,

You have stated that you are a mathematician and given your choice of moniker, I will take your word for it.

This is an important issue as we know.

What I am curious about is are you also schooled in Law ?

mho is that this entire topic was beaten to death on the other thread (that is now locked) and I as a layman think I understand it

as well as I can. 

Sadly this was a discussion I was very interested in. Now I feel this is just another all around the mulberry bush and nothing resolute will come of discussing it further.

As has been said prior, all the ideas presented are speculation and may put those who want to test the system... doing just that.

GregS,

Thank you for opening the topic.

Admins, thanks for letting it run as long as it did.

You betcha. I'm waiting for Cav's response to the posted questions. At that point I expect to gladly drop it.

Edited by GregS

It is as if GregS and Natesilver are trying to assist patients and caregivers in building the absolute weakest defense possible under the law. I really question the motivation of these threads at this point. Are we really expected to keep going around the mulberry bush with you guys?

Zapatosunidos, we are not assisting patients or caregivers in building defenses under the law. We are simply having a conversation.

I feel that Cav has answered as much as can be answered, the rest is speculation.

Maybe if you would re post the exact questions you would like him to answer, perhaps he

will want to take the time to answer them... again.

History has shown that radical ideas have made significant changes.

With out them there wouldn't have come about many changes good or bad.

Anyone that wants to push the envelope so to speak, for what they believe, more power to them.

jm02 of course :)

For the purpose of open discussion.

What is left that you really want to discuss ?

I followed the entire other thread on this topic and I guess I do not understand what is left to kick around.

Not trying to be snarky at all but, this is just going in circles now.

What is left that you really want to discuss ?

I followed the entire other thread on this topic and I guess I do not understand what is left to kick around.

Not trying to be snarky at all but, this is just going in circles now.

Just waiting on the clean up crew. It will be over pretty soon.

Edited by GregS

Great, but you are now intermingling the concept of unregistered patients and caregivers with medibles and concentrates, which leads to more confusion, not less. This thread is a serious waste of time, both for those reading, and those posting.

You don't think that is for them to judge?

At this point there are 105 views. This is post number 23. The thread has been going on for two hours. There is interest.

Edited by GregS

You don't think that is for them to judge?

At this point there are 105 views. This is post number 23. The thread has been going on for two hours. There is interest.

Undeniably Greg.

But, interest in what.. answers as how to mount a section 8 defense if indeed allowed the opportunity should any of said readers

find them in a position to need to know...

or

are they waiting for a thread train wreck ?

I will leave you be now.

Undeniably Greg.

But, interest in what.. answers as how to mount a section 8 defense if indeed allowed the opportunity should any of said readers

find them in a position to need to know...

or

are they waiting for a thread train wreck ?

I will leave you be now.

Other folk's interest is not for me to speculate over. Thanks for your valuable contributions.

Edited by GregS