Dr. Requiring Visits Every 6 Months

With the new language added to the act, my doctor is now requiring an in office visit every 6 months to maintain the bonified dr/pt relationship. My chronic pain will never go away, and I don't visit dr. regularly because all they recommend is opiates and or surgery.

Just curious if any other docs out there are requiring meeting every 6 months because of the new 2 year cards.

I understand its beneficial to have more documented meetings between the dr and pt, but is this really necessary?

I recommend folks come in for a free follow up in 6-12 months.  This is to make sure the chart will give the maximum amount of protection to the patient.

There is no requirement for any number or frequency of follow ups, just that the doctor has a reasonable expectation that they will be available for follow up.  That every six month visit is a requirement of your doctor, not the law.  That is their right to require it.

Beyond that, there nothing for me to say.  I do the things I feel are appropriate to protect the patient, he/she does them their way.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

You can always call to reschedule when the time comes. Not showing for an appointment is bad form, but not illegal and will not nix your eligibility. If this requirement is unreasonable, and I think it is, there is no reason to jump through those unreasonable hoops.

Townsend and I agree. What more clarification could you want?

Edited by GregS

When you want the best protection, buy Trojans, the expensive brand.

When you want the best likliehoood jurors will find that you met the 'bonafide relationship', do the 6 monther and be happy, be very happy your physician is looking out for the two of you. 

I tend to agree.  

You can go cheap or you can go good.  I'd rather be good.

Dr. Bob

You can always call to reschedule when the time comes. Not showing for an appointment is bad form, but not illegal and will not nix your eligibility. If this requirement is unreasonable, and I think it is, there is no reason to jump through those unreasonable hoops.

Townsend and I agree. What more clarification could you want?

Miracles do occur!

Is there a fee for these six month visits ?  My doc wants a visit once a year and its $99. so $198 for two years ..

I don't charge for follow up visits, but if you are seeing the doctor there is no reason they can't charge you.

This is the pitfall of those $79 clinics- the follow up cost.  

Buyer beware, pick your doc well.

Dr. Bob

I agree pic your doctor well...... I DID....... If that is what your doctor feels is necessary to keep things in order then that is what should be done. Be thankful that they are not just throwing your records in the trash after you leave , which sounds like that may have happened with some of these places that NOW after years of doing someones certs all of the sudden need the original records back. The only good doctors are the ones that truly care about their patients.......

I agree pic your doctor well...... I DID....... If that is what your doctor feels is necessary to keep things in order then that is what should be done. Be thankful that they are not just throwing your records in the trash after you leave , which sounds like that may have happened with some of these places that NOW after years of doing someones certs all of the sudden need the original records back. The only good doctors are the ones that truly care about their patients.......

And don't have to suddenly change things when a law is passed to promote proper standards.

Good certs are valuable and cost accordingly.  Look at what they come with, not just how much they cost.

Dr. Bob

Is there a fee for these six month visits ?  My doc wants a visit once a year and its $99. so $198 for two years ..

Yes it is $100 for the 2 year card and then extra for the visits each time. Not 100 each time though, I believe he said 50 for each office follow up.

It is nice knowing that he does keep all the records from my past renewals as well all in my file there. Maybe next time i'll ask him what he's going to charge if there were ever a reason he needs to testify in court.

Yes it is $100 for the 2 year card and then extra for the visits each time. Not 100 each time though, I believe he said 50 for each office follow up.

It is nice knowing that he does keep all the records from my past renewals as well all in my file there. Maybe next time i'll ask him what he's going to charge if there were ever a reason he needs to testify in court.

Just so you know, my patients= free.  Did it just this last Wed and now he can use cannabis on probation, all included in the original price for the cert ($150 new, $125 renewal).  Not my patients= $300 an hour from the time I leave Clare to the time I get back.  At least that is what I charge.  And the funny thing about it is that I get it.  Regularly.

Dr. Bob

I agree that its better to be safe than sorry but some things don't make sense to me.  My qualifying condition will never improve, it will only get worse and yet I have to keep going back.  Sometimes I think its just a another way to squeeze some cash out of my wallet!

Just so you know, my patients= free.  Did it just this last Wed and now he can use cannabis on probation, all included in the original price for the cert ($150 new, $125 renewal).  Not my patients= $300 an hour from the time I leave Clare to the time I get back.  At least that is what I charge.  And the funny thing about it is that I get it.  Regularly.

Dr. Bob

Thanks  Dr Bob for stepping up and offering Real solutions for Real problems.

In the midst of hairbrained scams coming from the fknrepublican/MPP/dispensary criminals, it s refreshing to see those who really are in the patients corner.

Keep up the Good work.

Edited by beourbud

I agree that its better to be safe than sorry but some things don't make sense to me.  My qualifying condition will never improve, it will only get worse and yet I have to keep going back.  Sometimes I think its just a another way to squeeze some cash out of my wallet!

Exactly what I was thinking. But as long as I get the full service for the cost, I suppose i'll just be happy that I can quasi legally medicate :bong2:

Thanks  Dr Bob for stepping up and offering Real solutions for Real problems.

In the midst of hairbrained scams coming from the fknrepublican/MPP/dispensary criminals, it s refreshing to see those who really are in the patients corner.

Keep up the Good work.

Keep calling people criminals and when the law finally comes after you then they can call you a criminal even if your not.

Edited to add ...... Because in case you didnt notice the recent COA ruling is attempting to make those of us that use anything besides the WHOLE FLOWER OR LEAF into criminals. Give it time they may hit YOUR method of medical use next........  No worries though..... I am sure your Democrats will be right there to save you.... Eh?

Edited by ozzrokk

Keep calling people criminals and when the law finally comes after you then they can call you a criminal even if your not.

Edited to add ...... Because in case you didnt notice the recent COA ruling is attempting to make those of us that use anything besides the WHOLE FLOWER OR LEAF into criminals. Give it time they may hit YOUR method of medical use next........  No worries though..... I am sure your Democrats will be right there to save you.... Eh?

yawn

I guess we will see how you feel when they get around to your form of medical use..... IT IS COMING...... Much like those that could care less before...... until it affected them.

what is coming?

hopefully no more greedy  disp/fm/locker/daisy chain schemes to endanger patients and rake profits

Stay legal....Be Safe, Be Happy, Be Well

We have the Best MMJ Laws in the Country............quit your bitchen and enjoy

what is coming?

hopefully no more greedy  disp/fm/locker/daisy chain schemes to endanger patients and rake profits

Stay legal....Be Safe, Be Happy, Be Well

We have the Best MMJ Laws in the Country............quit your bitchen and enjoy

I do not want to hijack this persons thread anymore than I already have but they are chipping away at our section 4 card protections. If you think I should just sit back and shut up and accept that, then you got another thing coming. I am NOT OK WITH PEOPLE GOING TO JAIL for some politicians, judges, COA's or SC's biased interpretation of our law. Sorry if you are. You see many people did not believe this was happening or did not have a problem with it until it affected them. Don't worry they will get around to it affecting you........ Like I said IT IS COMING......

yawn

thats what i thought when i read your partisan ignorance.... cause the dems are doing so good for us. personally id rather hang out with a bunch of republicans in a disp than those that display your level of thinking. yawning isnt really a matter of the subject at hand as it is the low oxygen in your brain.....