Illinois Becomes 20Th Mmj State, But No Home Grows, Dispensary Only

Greedy dispensaries are scared to death of us home growers. Sorry saps they are! Makes us all slaves for the dealin' man, just like we were before. They might as well tie a knot in the top of the bag like weed/crack street corner man. Home growers unite! Pee on the dispensaries and anyone who even looks like a dispensary owner.

We are sitting in the driver's seat in MI and can and should leverage any and all patient and caregiver prerogatives. Burying dispensary arguments for medical use by maximizing any and all expanded pt/cg access is simple enough.

Edited by GregS

Greedy dispensaries are scared to death of us home growers. Sorry saps they are! Makes us all slaves for the dealin' man, just like we were before. They might as well tie a knot in the top of the bag like weed/crack street corner man. Home growers unite! Pee on the dispensaries and anyone who even looks like a dispensary owner.

I have to disagree that they are all bad. The more patient options the better I always say. Of course when you dont have home grows that limits patients even more and I do not like that. To put them all in the same category is inaccurate in my opinion, but hey to each his own.  I do welcome any medical state or legal state to the ranks with or without home grows.

I have to disagree that they are all bad. The more patient options the better I always say. Of course when you dont have home grows that limits patients even more and I do not like that. To put them all in the same category is inaccurate in my opinion, but hey to each his own.  I do welcome any medical state or legal state to the ranks with or without home grows.

No one can dispute that they are working together towards a common 'bad thing' for the home growing patient.  If not, then let's hear one speak out against 'the others'. Then they will get their own boat. Otherwise, they are all in the same one.

Oz take a look at patient restrictions...

Seems MPP gave in on 'em.  Illinois says you cannot even be a patient if you are a drug felon...

Yes, MPP can claim another notch on their rifle.  But they are doing a worse job with each successive state.  Michigan still remains the best of the medical marijuana laws on the books...

Edited by Hayduke

Oz take a look at patient restrictions...

Seems MPP gave in on 'em.  Illinois says you cannot even be a patient if you are a drug felon...

Yes, MPP can claim another notch on their rifle.  But they are doing a worse job with each successive state.  Michigan still remains the best of the medical marijuana laws on the books...

Sad but true........ and I am well aware that we have the best law of them all........ Now if only it would be honored across the board.

The state will license 22 growers, one for each State Police district, as well as up to 60 dispensing centers to be spread across the state. Exactly where those growers and sellers could locate will be up to state regulators. Local communities could enforce strict zoning laws, but they could not prevent a grower or dispensary from setting up shop in town.

Growers and dispensaries will be charged a 7 percent "privilege tax," which will be used to enforce the medical marijuana law. Patients will be charged a 1 percent tax for purchasing pot, the same rate that applies to pharmaceuticals. Additionally, growers and dispensaries would be banned from donating to political campaigns.

If they allowed home growing, patients would already be setting up their grow rooms and enjoying the ability to have small amounts of medicine.

Instead,... likely a long long wait for the few who can afford the small supply after driving forever.

It's a plus in that it exists,... very negative piece of crapola law though.

It sunsets in a few years too.

If they allowed home growing, patients would already be setting up their grow rooms and enjoying the ability to have small amounts of medicine.

Instead,... likely a long long wait for the few who can afford the small supply after driving forever.

It's a plus in that it exists,... very negative piece of crapola law though.

It sunsets in a few years too.

Is it really though? I'm not so sure it is...

I suppose maybe it is in the same way Michigan's law is a plus. If you get busted these days the penalties are nowhere as stiff as they used to be. That's about all I see our law being good for. That and it is a step in the right direction, kinda of...sort of...Is it though?

A felon can't be a patient? What does that say about MMJ? And about being a felon? Health care not available for felons?

Slippery slope.

I have cursed the Illinois law up and down and the people who I feel were responsible for ignoring some provisions that needed to be fixed(patient felons etc) to make sure their "industry" was protected.

I think it is a huge piece of shiit law myself. Bottom of the barrel piece of crapola. 

But,... I actually know a lot of people will be helped by the law,.... hopefully,... to some degree.

It's "something".

And hopefully the cat will be out of the bag there,.. no putting the Genie back int he bottle so to speak.  With the sunset clause, they will have another bite at the apple in a few years.

We shall see.