Electric Companies Snitching.

shishka

Well this appears to be confirmation. At least in Detroit and maybe soon Ypsi.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsilanti/report-second-drug-related-fire-in-a-week-destroys-ypsilanti-township-mobile-home/

snipped...

Ypsilanti Township Attorney Doug Winters said he has spoken with Ypsilanti Community Utility Authority officials and is planning to ask DTE Energy officials about helping locate homes that are using high levels of utilities, which could indicate the presence of marijuana operations. Winters said he received a positive response from the YCUA but a DTE official at the July 22 meeting said he would have to get back in touch with the township, though it wouldn’t be difficult to do.

Winters said similar tracking is being done in Detroit.

“They can identify uses that are so abnormally high that there’s something going on beyond just the running the air conditioner,” Winters said.

Edited by shishka

That silver lining you think you see is just a mirror showing every residence above the kw cut-off.  How many 'likely' grower lists do you want to be listed with?  I'm with ozzrokk on this one.  "Off the grid" does not any longer exist.  And after Snowden, why should anyone be suprprised?  Privacy no longer exists.

My bill is 5 x more than before I started growing and I had an incident here regarding one of my feral cats so im pretty sure the cops who came to my door could smell that I just smoked one  and are aware of me now but my garden is 100% in compliance  and my dry weight is below the 12.5 ounces Im allowed to possess so let them snoop .

If you're growing for yourself or just a few PTs, you shouldn't have to worry about this.  A 1000w lamp uses up about as much electricity as an extra freezer in your basement or garage.  A 10 year old fridge uses about 1400 kilowatt hours/year. 

Oh, you're one of the "If you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't care about what the government looks through" folks.

Yeah, I don't agree with that theory. My 400 watter is more than safe, I just don't like that snoopy snoop bull shite.

Oh, you're one of the "If you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't care about what the government looks through" folks.

Yeah, I don't agree with that theory. My 400 watter is more than safe, I just don't like that snoopy snoop bull shite.

Really?  Is that what you got out of my post?  I was trying to say that if you're using a 1000w and a 600w there's no way the electric company could tell what you were using that electricity for because it's not enough for them to detect.  Wow!

Theres programs to detect patterns in your usage, such as oh...6pm everyday your kw usage jumps up 6k watts...at least that is what i heard. Not unplausible to me, but why the energy companies would want to rat out there best customers...i do not know.

A 6k jump is more than one 1000w light, and your veg light is on all the time, or some people's is anyway.

Are generators an 'off the grid' option ?

my room will run off of my generator but most folks g.r wont, I ordered and made sure I could run it all on my 3500 honda, but the gas would cost me more than consumers energy would cost and you would have to run it 24/7 ive not done that with my generator every, ive ran it for upto 20 hrs on 3.5 gallons of gas, so times that by 7 and than by 4 and than by 12 and you have your bill for running your generator, most dont come with a 3.5 gallon tank and have more power than mine, mine is super quiet and wouldnt bother any one including us in the house, but like said above why would consumers narc out there best customers? they are in biz to sell electricity!  Gas would cost you $4704.00 a yr and that dont include oil changes every 80 hrs! (that is what my generator would cost to run) It would cost more to run your room than the whole house, depending on your equip, but if you have major lighting and fans, a gen wont even run your room!

even before this law people had mega grows going indoors and were more worried about planes,trains and automobiles lol!  I know of lots of people who got hit back in the day, and it wasnt because of their electric bill, it was because of their big mouths!

Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Peace

Jim

Theres programs to detect patterns in your usage, such as oh...6pm everyday your kw usage jumps up 6k watts...at least that is what i heard. Not unplausible to me, but why the energy companies would want to rat out there best customers...i do not know.

If you have a smart meter they can track minute by minute usage, but if you have an old school mechanical one it doesn't.  

As Phaq said people have been having crazy electric bills for years, pay them on time and there are usually no problems.

Last year I had Brighthouse networks knock on my door and say every night at 6 pm all of your neighbors cable signal gets lines in it is there something your doing that might affect our cable lines ? :huh:

I went in got my cards showed them I was a registered legal caregiver the supervisor asked to see my grow room I declined but I showed him the ballasts I use at the HTG website long story short they put a suppresser on my incoming cable line and Ive heard nothing since. :lol:

Last year I had Brighthouse networks knock on my door and say every night at 6 pm all of your neighbors cable signal gets lines in it is there something your doing that might affect our cable lines ? :huh:

I went in got my cards showed them I was a registered legal caregiver the supervisor asked to see my grow room I declined but I showed him the ballasts I use at the HTG website long story short they put a suppresser on my incoming cable line and Ive heard nothing since. :lol:

Exactly the way it should have been handled.  Some people seem to think they have a right to know what is going on in your own home....... Where they get that idea from I have no idea......

Stay the fukkk out of my garden......