Meeting Of The New Conditions Panel 8-6-13

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PTSD went back to square one, so the vote is only the first "non binding vote".

Unfortunately LARA deemed both asthma and autism to be on the final vote, as they considered the original panel's non binding 1st vote in April to still be good.  That has not been explained to me in a way that I can understand at this point.  Insomnia failed in it's first non binding vote.

Parkinson's which cruised through the first time, apparently was not resubmitted.  I have a few questions on that as well.

Now in the next 60 days there will be a formal public input meeting.  Then after that, but within sixty days of the public hearing, we will take final votes on PTSD and Insomnia.

Unless LARA reverses course asthma and autism are dead issues that can only be brought back via the courts (and I have no idea how that would work).

Can insomnia be modified in some way, as in 'under a doctors care' or 'associated with a co-morbidity such as severe anxiety'?

The parkinson's issue is an interesting one.  I think perhaps we can get that resubmitted but revisit it a little as a 'condition characterized by tremors and tics' to broaden it a little to any condition associated with tremors.

Dr. Bob

I won't be convinced that LARA is sincere about this working until conditions are passed by law. The Governor is telling us that the same shortcomings in the administration of the first panel will now work differently?? Fuk me once, shame on you. Fuk me twice, shame on me.

Can insomnia be modified in some way, as in 'under a doctors care' or 'associated with a co-morbidity such as severe anxiety'?

the first panel wanted to add similar limitations to other treatments.

but found out it just wasnt possible to put a limit on it.

maybe sec4 would unlimit any such limitations they could put on it?

The parkinson's issue is an interesting one.  I think perhaps we can get that resubmitted but revisit it a little as a 'condition characterized by tremors and tics' to broaden it a little to any condition associated with tremors.

how are tremors or tics not already covered by 'muscle spasms'?

its a question that was asked in the first panel re: parkinsons.

So let me get this straight......... They deemed the first vote, by the INCORRECTLY seated panel,  that shot down autism and asthma to still be good? So let's make this the final vote to shoot it down. Yet PTSD had to start over because the panel that approved it was INCORRECTLY seated? And let's just leave out Parkinsons that was ALREADY approved? Of course the panel was INCORRECTLY seated. And they are still holding that card for the next do over apparently......

Yea this will be a fair process...........

Edited by ozzrokk

I don't think you are getting what he is saying Bob.They have decided the first PTSD vote didn't count, but Asthma and autism did, and parkinsons was never voted at all.. That is a problem..

Actually my comprehension is pretty good.  I was discussing the resubmission of Parkinson's, perhaps a way to re-work it a bit and some approaches to get a second bite of the apple on some of the conditions that were voted down.

Dr. Bob

the first panel wanted to add similar limitations to other treatments.

but found out it just wasnt possible to put a limit on it.

maybe sec4 would unlimit any such limitations they could put on it?

how are tremors or tics not already covered by 'muscle spasms'?

its a question that was asked in the first panel re: parkinsons.

It's not for this panel to decide if they want to write the rec for the condition on the petition, or something else. They are simply being asked if the condition can be treated with cannabis. That's it. They need to keep their peripheral opinions to themselves. They are a bunch of Lords over us, and it needs to stop. Even our cannabis doctor, Crocker, jumped past his point of authority with Asthma, and said he would rather just write the rec for something else. He's not being asked that. He oversteps his bounds. If cannabis works then admit it and just shut up after that. Less lip flapping and more voting inside the guidelines of the appointed task. They have diminished this to the point of worthlessness. The panel should be embarrassed because they are being less than professional in their task at hand.

Oz gets it Bob.  Parkinsons was ALREADY submitted! We should not have to do it again and you also seem to have missed that fact that they are now saying it CANNOT be resubmitted without a court order.  Go back and read my previous post carefully, Houston we have a problem..

Oz gets it Bob.  Parkinsons was ALREADY submitted! We should not have to do it again and you also seem to have missed that fact that they are now saying it CANNOT be resubmitted without a court order.  Go back and read my previous post carefully, Houston we have a problem..

My main qualifying condition is chronic pain, I have many other conditions also that should apply, (im coo coo for coa coa puffs) I have asthma with my dr.'s record on how it helps me when I vape it, even though my main dr. dont renew me any longer she knows I am on mm and we talk about it, and she sees the progress ive had with asthma when I vape or eat my mm/oil/medibles, I guess we will only be talking about vaping usable mm under the coa ruling untill we can get rid of that nonsense ruling!

Either way how many people with asthma have recieved releif from vaping mm? I know it has helped me alot, I used to use advair diskus once in the morning and once at nite,(i had to use it to breath normal) and I used my rescue inhaler at least 3 times a day (albuteral) now when I vape in the morning, I dont need my advair or symbicort at all, and I never use my rescue inhaler, We have medical redords to show this! so what is it gonna take to make sure asthma is one of the symptoms for mm use? Unless I dont understand and it already is!

well sometimes life hands you lemons, now we just need to make some good lemon aid to help us thru this ever changing law!

Peace

Jim

The question presented the panel is; Does the condition on the petition fit into the parameters of section 2 (a).

Sec. 2. The people of the State of Michigan find and declare that:

(a) Modern medical research, including as found by the National Academy of Sciences' Institute of Medicine in a March 1999 report, has discovered beneficial uses for marihuana in treating or alleviating the pain, nausea, and other symptoms associated with a variety of debilitating medical conditions.

Parkinsons was NOT resubmitted.  Not an issue of should be, is an issue of what is.  It is not currently on the table and needs to be.

I am aware of the fact they can't be submitted again without a court order, unless they are somehow modified and folded in to another condition perhaps.

Dr. Bob

i hope at the next meeting someone reminds them that the panels job is only to approve new section 4 protections for currently unprotected sec8 patients.

Good approach, indicate these are already dealt with via section 8, but they are common indications and deserve section 4 protection.

Dr. Bob

Parkinsons , to the best of my understanding, does NOT require a court order to be submitted. For some reason it just simply was NOT submitted at all to the new panel. Please correct me if I am wrong on this. But the fact that some things that were voted down by the PREVIOUS panel are now considered on its final vote with this panel yet things that were APPROVED by the PREVIOUS panel now have to start fresh tells me that this will NOT be a fair process. The State did not count on anything being passed with the first panel and as soon as it was they pulled the plug. Sickens me. It is all rigged and if it does not go the States way then they will re stack the deck. I know that they will explain that the no vote on asthma from the previous panel was not binding so it can count but what about the yes votes for the PTSD from the previous panel. In fact PTSD passed the final vote in the previous panel yet has to start  from scratch then why doesnt the others start from scratch?

Edited to add I am sure that if something that got a no vote by the first panel was to have gotten a yes vote by this panel then that would not be considered the final vote. It would be said that it was the first NON BINDING vote. It was only considered the final vote yesterday because it was a no vote and that is what the state wants this panel to do. Shoot everything down.

Edited by ozzrokk

What makes anyone confident that the state will not again find a way to nix the panel on the same grounds they did before, or for that matter any other reason? The panel has not been changed the to reflect the authorized and legal means to be assured in its performance, authority, and legitimacy. That has just not happened.  Schuette has to be chuckling to himself.

Edited by GregS

What makes anyone confident that the state will not again find a way to nix the panel on the same grounds they did before, or for that matter any other reason? The panel has not been changed the to reflect the authorized and legal means to be assured in its performance, authority, and legitimacy. That has just not happened.  Schuette has to be just chuckling to himself.

Exactly........ It is my understanding that the current panel is STILL not seated correctly. If that is the case then as soon as something gets approved I would imagine them pulling the same thing.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing you've done before and expecting a different result.

I do not wish to criticize those who have invested time and energy into this and wish them all the best, but we are up against some pretty sleazy types.

Edited by GregS