Thc / Cbd Percentages?

when the percentages are mentioned of the THC in a strain, what exactly does it mean?

i'm guessing it means out of all the cannabinoids present, thc is found 15% of the time ?

so say someone has a strain with 15% thc, 1% cbd.

if he has 6 plants, the actual weight of the THC in each plant can fluctuate? even if its still 15% thc?

due to genetics, or light or nutes or temperature etc?

can anyone tell me the actual weight amount of cannabinoids in any given plant?

has anyone ever done the calculations?

So, using this formula, one should be able to extract 1.5 grams of BHO from a 10 gram sample of a 15% strain?

If you get 90%+ extraction rate, it should actually be more than just the calculated weight of THC alone, because BHO is more than just THC, there are lipids, waxes, minor cannabinoids, terpenes, flavinoids, among other things, in butane extracts.

Real world with good, dry material and a good extraction tech, 10g of bud @ 15% THC, 1% CBD, etc should yield, real world, about 2g of 'wax' that runs anywhere from 60-75% THC.

i dont remember if i ever saw this answered, but do you happen to know if popcorn/lower buds are more or less % of thc than the main colas?

lots of anecdotal evidence, but i'd like to know the labs assessment.

probably it depends on maturity of cola/lower buds as well.

i dont remember if i ever saw this answered, but do you happen to know if popcorn/lower buds are more or less % of thc than the main colas?

lots of anecdotal evidence, but i'd like to know the labs assessment.

probably it depends on maturity of cola/lower buds as well.

Cannabis produces resin as a uv protectant, so buds that receive less uv will have lower resin levels.

So yes, generally lowers will have lower cannabinoid content.

If you get 90%+ extraction rate, it should actually be more than just the calculated weight of THC alone, because BHO is more than just THC, there are lipids, waxes, minor cannabinoids, terpenes, flavinoids, among other things, in butane extracts.

Real world with good, dry material and a good extraction tech, 10g of bud @ 15% THC, 1% CBD, etc should yield, real world, about 2g of 'wax' that runs anywhere from 60-75% THC.

Thank gawd I only use dry meds.  Because the more Iread about all this BHO,m wax, n oils, the more it sounds like a real drug.  And that is scary.  60-75% THC...wtf...I don't even know what being that high would be like.  Possible not fun. . . .?

I'm good with some good organic Tree's and a vaporizer.!! lol

Best part is, most people only seem to get so high and then stop going up.  But the beneficial effects of the CBD's and other compounds still pile up, so once you have a tolerance, it helps to get more and more at higher concentrations.

Besides, my throat takes a beating on joints and pipes, but with BHO, its one hit and then one more an hour or so later, and I am good for a while.

You do have to be careful, start small and work up.  When I am really in trouble I take a small (.1 gram or less) RSO pill and go to bed, I am generally a lot better come morning.

Cedar