I Am Carruthers

the CoA didnt ban resin, only carruthers resin, which, the court found , to be lacking in dried leaves and flowers.

great, now i got the idea.

if section 4 protects ANY PREPARATION THEREOF , doesnt that include wet leaves and flowers?

because a preparation of dried leaves and flowers includes a preparation of water + dried leaves/flowers.

therefor, wet marijuana?

yessirs, i am smarter than the judges on the CoA. :)

Edited by t-pain

the CoA didnt ban resin, only carruthers resin, which, the court found , to be lacking in dried leaves and flowers.

great, now i got the idea.

if section 4 protects ANY PREPARATION THEREOF , doesnt that include wet leaves and flowers?

because a preparation of dried leaves and flowers includes a preparation of water + dried leaves/flowers.

therefor, wet marijuana?

yessirs, i am smarter than the judges on the CoA. :)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my grand daughter is smarter than the coa ruling we just got and she is only 3 yrs old, lol

Peace

Jim

Hello Everyone,

Thank you again for all the support with your time or finances as they are both very much appreciated.

Here are a few updates. 

Transcripts : 

I was able to obtain my 46th district transcripts yesterday at the cost of $240(nothing is free with the court :)). They did not have a digital copy so will have to take some time to scan this yellow book of transcripts so any  attorneys who wants to review may do so. I should have that done by Saturday. 

Attorneys: 

I was able to get a ballpark of what it was take get the process started of 15,000 however the total cost may rise up to 20,000 depending on the amount of research and documentation required. 

The pending attorney team is Appellate Attorney Mary Chartier from the Alane & Chartier PLC firm along with Neil Rockind and Michael Kormon.  Alane & Chartier helped with the Mcqueen appeal to the SC and has experience with the preparation needed for SC. While Neil Rockind and Michael Kormon will bring there MMJ experience to the table. There are other attorneys in discussion I believe to help but I am yet to know who they are.

The team is not set in stone I just wanted to let you know who is in the discussion. The really only undetermined factor to finalize the team is how much we can raise financially. Last I heard as of 8/14/13 we raised almost $300 which means we have a lot of work still do and I believe it still can be done. 

I read comments on pro bono work and from my understanding the Alane & Chartier PLC firm  who is a key player in the appeal has already maxed out there pro bono hours for the year and its only August. 

Bottom line is the type of attorneys we retain will be based on the amount of $$ we can raise. I know many feel they should work for free or deep discount and I do believe an experienced attorney team for this cause is necessary and that experience will cost money.

We have 56 days from July 12th when the COA decision came out which takes us to Friday, September 6. We will need to retain an attorney within the appropriate time frame for them to file the necessary brief which brings us to August 22nd to give them 15 days to prepare which is pushing I believe. If anyone else have a different timeline please you are welcome to correct me. 

I would like to simply push for as many donations over the next 6 days we can raise.  Then approach the attorney team we the majority feel comfortable to fight this fight with how much we have and ask them to bring their A game with it. 

I will go around to local compassion clubs and as many organizations I can over the weekend for this effects these big clubs too. Do not believe there is no need for YOU to do the same or SOMETHING because if u think others will do it for u like many of us had that attitude when it came to voting many of these same judges and prosecutors in to office and look what happen. We as a community have the will and let's get out and do something to find the way to stir up donations today. 

I Am Carruthers

Sent you somke lute via paypal..I know it aint shiet but if more of these CG's would donate and stop being lazy , greedy fuxs we would not have people getting caught up in the Conservative republican courts like in Oakland COunty.  And people like Bouchard and Bietch Cooper would be put in place but since it costs so much to fight them in court they win.

MOney talks...BS it don't do shiet..!!  i wish more people would just donate so this crap would not keep happening.

Edited by motorcitymeds

Sent you somke lute via paypal..I know it aint shiet but if more of these CG's would donate and stop being lazy , greedy fuxs we would not have people getting caught up in the COncsrvative republican courts like in Oakland COunty.  And people like Bouchard and Bietch Cooper would be put in place but since it costs so much to fight them in court they win.

MOney talks...BS it don't do bunny muffin..!!  i wish more people would just donate so this crap would not keep happening.

ME TOO

• 2 months later...

Hello Hello,

Thank you to everyone for their support and personal encouraging messages.

Family and friends really want me to think about this as I am also currently fighting another compassion club case at OCC in which we were done very very dirty.  

Must say I fully understand and relate to the verse "....we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed...."

To those who advise me to simply take the sec 8 at Circuit level it is just not in me to back down. I always told my teammates in face of a challenge and adversity to man up and grab there balls so here I am grabbin em. 

I understand even if I quickly win a sec 8 at Circuit the COA opinion stands as case law and many more will have to go through what I have and am. I do not believe anyone deserves to have there personal relationships damaged, source of income lost, property forfeited, family discouraged, or mentality disturbed over Marijuana in any form. This case is bigger than Earl Carruthers. This case is about we the community standing up for what is right and stop letting them bully us around with their ignorance, incompetence, and greed. The decision is made lets go to the SC.

Now with that said on to business: 

Fundraising

I have been approached by Attorney James to help head the fundraising by setting up an trust account for this cause which I have no objections to. I honestly rather not have any money sent to me personally so not be put in a awkward situations. I want everyone to feel comfortable that every penny is going towards this fight. 

I am open to any suggestions and awaiting to here back from Attorney James now in regards to organizing the campaign. 

The total cost is TBD as I am waiting to here back from the attorneys who are assembling a team to propose to us now. As soon as I know you will know also. 

Transcripts:  

I went to OCC (good times I tell ya) and was able to get all transcripts but from the 46 district court which is where the lab tech took stand during an hearing. The translator who owns the right to them is out of town until Tuesday, Aug 13th so will follow up then.

To "First To Be Raided" 

* I did not accept any plea deals and went to trial at circuit level and lost. I was sentenced to 33 days in Jail with 3 years probation. I was not allowed to use medical marijuana as my defense at trial since at the time if u did not qualify for sec 4 then u could not use sec 8 at OCC which made me look like the cartel of brownies...since People vs King that crap does not fly anymore.

To "800 Pound Gorilla"

I am committed and ready to go.

Family and friends really want me to think about this as I am also currently fighting another compassion club case at OCC in which we were done very very dirty

any update on the compassion club case ?

does anyone know how the law handles other scheduled drugs like cocaine, heroin, etc, when those are adulterated with baking soda, laxative etc for the end user ? Does the court separate the active ingredients before the criminal charge or compile a total weight of active and inactive ingredients?

I never even thought about that until I heard of this case. I wonder if the precedent could go further than medical marijuana?  only in amerika, geesh