Holder Request Major Changes To The Criminal Justice System

I didn't hear one negative caller on cspan after his announcment. Individuals across the political sprectrum called in to express their support. I doubt that it's by chance that CNN did a piece on medicinal cannabis last night. This appears organized and very positive. 

Hmm... So this could be some sort of coordinated effort between CNN and the Justice Dept? That might be a little more conspiracy oriented than I can buy into, but I am not saying that it couldn't be possible. Regardless of any conspiracy, it is very uplifting to see progress being made on the cannabis legalization front. It has been a long, grueling time coming.

I saw the president  of the prosecutors association of the United states talking about Holders speech today he said he feels this sends the wrong message to "the children " and said its really unnecessary because the federal government rarely intervenes with local courts basically saying that they were going to proceed the way they always have .

Hmm... So this could be some sort of coordinated effort between CNN and the Justice Dept? That might be a little more conspiracy oriented than I can buy into, but I am not saying that it couldn't be possible. Regardless of any conspiracy, it is very uplifting to see progress being made on the cannabis legalization front. It has been a long, grueling time coming.

Ohhh of course not...... CNN would never conspire with the democratic party.......... Yea......

It's funny, but when I see Obama or Holder speak out against the "establishment" I get the feeling that they are kind of afraid to say too much. They are kind of shy about being too bold. It makes me wonder whether or not these people fear for their very lives. I don't know if this fear is for their physical lives or their economic/political lives, but I sense fear there either way.

Thank you to all the ignorant sheep in the U.S. who are afraid to stand up to authority and who happily go about their lives refusing to question their relationship with the people who really run things in this country - big money.

It's funny, but when I see Obama or Holder speak out against the "establishment" I get the feeling that they are kind of afraid to say too much. They are kind of shy about being too bold. It makes me wonder whether or not these people fear for their very lives. I don't know if this fear is for their physical lives or their economic/political lives, but I sense fear there either way.

Thank you to all the ignorant sheep in the U.S. who are afraid to stand up to authority and who happily go about their lives refusing to question their relationship with the people who really run things in this country - big money.

Very astute Chauncey! In fact they are both 2nd gen immigrants. Obamas immigration is truly amazing how he ascended in a few short years. From Africa to the White house - in 2 short generations! wow

Eric Holder is also the first Black man in the AG office. 2nd gen whose father was from Barbados.  This is fascinating history here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoq3TjTw1BA

Edited by solabeirtan