Funding The Carruthers Appeal

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! Checking in....still on the waiting game and still cocked, loaded, ready to go....believe it is appropriate on this thread to get a feel of peoples opinions of HB 5104 that could create clear legal protections for extracts, which are often used in edibles for those who can not smoke vs pending People vs Carruthers SC case that could do the same....any thoughts

Hey Everyone! Checking in....still on the waiting game and still cocked, loaded, ready to go....believe it is appropriate on this thread to get a feel of peoples opinions of HB 5104 that could create clear legal protections for extracts, which are often used in edibles for those who can not smoke vs pending People vs Carruthers SC case that could do the same....any thoughts

You may want to check out this thread

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/45098-mmma-testimony-before-house-judiciary-committee-december-5-2013/?p=468340

Michigan Medical Marijuana Association will be giving testimony

and offering amendments to HB 5104, HB 4271 and SB 0660.

• 2 weeks later...

hb5104 still has to pass the senate, and not get veto'd by gov.

carruthers is still in court for other charges no doubt.

it could go a bunch of ways.

since the CoA ruled on it, the MSC has to issue an order.

so the msc can:

agree to hear the case and rule on extractions, slap the CoA again because no sec8.

send the case back down to the CoA for more bungling and re-hearing due to 5104.

aren't you tried based on the law at the time of your offense?? 

it should be that way but sometimes it's not i know someone that was in court at the time when Leo said no one can be inside the grow room but the one that the plants belonged to

so if someone needed help like watering and couldn't do it because of health reasons  i guess the plants would have to die i think that part needs a new Bill to fix that part 

We could write one, or maybe we need a hole new 'Act' while Lansing is seeing the light to help the sick because it's now a free for all 

Yes sir I had to spend a lot of money automating my watering for that very reason. $500 bucks on a drip to waste system just so I can go to a family members funeral!

That is a crazy rule there is no reason you can't have a worker on occassion in the same room as plants except for the legal one.

What is the concern?? That maybe they'll be in there close to harvest and snap a bud off for themselves and throw it in their pocket? That we'll hire untrustworthy workers that'll send our undried buds off to the black market?? That is for us to worry about as employers not the state IMO! Surely if the helper can pass the same requirements (background check etc) as a caregiver they could get a little helper card and do some work for me?? Or just let me deal with the problem of untrustworthy workers because I don't want my stuff stolen and diverted either geez.

Anyway I'm off on a tangent :)

What happens with Mr. Carruthers case now,  in event of  HB 5104 passing?

The bill will almost certainly inform the court's decision. It's kinda like case law in other states. While they cannot compel Michigan courts to follow them as precedent, they can be looked to for legal reasoning to make a local decision, or not.