Why Do I Need To Have My Prescribed Marijuana Locked At All Times? But Other Prescribed Drugs Can Be Left Unlocked?

I want to know how we can have this law changed.

My marijuana should not be required to be locked. If I am prescribed other controlled substances, to my knowledge, I do not need to have them under lock and key at all times.

Children can easily access alcohol and prescribed drugs from their parents.

Why are we being treated differently from other people just because it's marijuana?

I do however agree that the marijuana plants should have to be locked at all times.

I think I have a good point and we could get the laws changed, however you go about doing that.

Let me know what you guys think!

I believe that the law only requires plants to be kept in a locked facility. The dried leaves and flowers have no restrictions on their storage. You can keep them any where you please, which is kinda strange. I mean, plants are unusable until they are dried, but the dried plant is usable. It seems sort of odd that the plants have to be locked up but the usable material can be left on your coffee table. What is the point of this? But then, this whole law is peppered with concepts that make one scratch their head and say, "WTF?".

@liquid:  why are you ok with having the plants locked up?

what possible scenario does that help deal with? keeping deer from eating your plants?

if a punk wants to steal your plants, no amount of barb wire and vicious attack dogs will stop him.

So do you ever lock the door to your house?

How about the doors on your car when you park it?

I look at it the same way as that. When I go to a tigers game you can bet I lock my car doors although I know if some punk wants what is in my car locks aren't going to stop them. It might prevent the punk in training from riffling through my car.

So do you ever lock the door to your house?

my house? yes. but my relatives in traverse city and adrian? nope.

I look at it the same way as that. When I go to a tigers game you can bet I lock my car doors although I know if some punk wants what is in my car locks aren't going to stop them. It might prevent the punk in training from riffling through my car.

locking up your house/car and locking up your veggie garden are different things.

unless you agree with the government that a plant is worth $2500.

anyways, maybe OP was talking about HB4856.

we have reason to believe it doesnt affect MMMP patients.

to change the law you have to talk to your represenative to have him introduce a bill to change the law.

or you can start a petition drive to change the law. it requires you to collect a lot of signatures.

@liquid:  why are you ok with having the plants locked up?

what possible scenario does that help deal with? keeping deer from eating your plants?

if a punk wants to steal your plants, no amount of barb wire and vicious attack dogs will stop him.

I don't know, it just seems responsible to require the plants to be in a locked and enclosed facility. However you're right, because now you can grow outdoors with nothing more than a fence. So even requiring locking the plants doesn't make much sense anymore.

So I am wrong? My medication doesn't need to be locked at all times? I will have to re-read the law, lol.

And to whoever said this, yes your marijuana could just be on your coffee table for anyone to take. So could your alcohol or other prescribed drugs. It isn't our fault if someone steals something.

Locked or not locked...  Which is right?  I don't know.  Which is SAFER?

Split hairs from jail, or get a simple $15 lock box from Wally World and settle the question yourself...

The time to really debate if meds have to be locked or not is AFTER you have been charged and are trying, with your lawyer, to defend yourself in court.  Given a choice before hand, why not cut them off at the knees and take the safest route?

There is another thread here about a guy that let his card lapsed and got busted with a pipe.  He was just 'too busy' to go in last month and renew.  How do you think he feels about it now?  Check your expiration date.

Dr. Bob

Locked or not locked...  Which is right?  I don't know.  Which is SAFER?

Split hairs from jail, or get a simple $15 lock box from Wally World and settle the question yourself...

The time to really debate if meds have to be locked or not is AFTER you have been charged and are trying, with your lawyer, to defend yourself in court.  Given a choice before hand, why not cut them off at the knees and take the safest route?

There is another thread here about a guy that let his card lapsed and got busted with a pipe.  He was just 'too busy' to go in last month and renew.  How do you think he feels about it now?  Check your expiration date.

Dr. Bob

Ya know, this is really getting absurd. We are allowing "them" to dictate our behavior based solely on the fear that "they" can make stuff up about our law and then prosecute us.

There is not one word in this law about storing usable marijuana, period.

The law doesn't require meds under lock and key, but as with any perscription, there is an expectation of reasonable control.  Meaning if you have a 15 year old in your house, you don't leave it on the counter while you are away.  And I understand having plants locked.  They don't want "unintended access" for someone to come in and take a cut when your not looking.

I can take a cutting off a plant and within a few months I can produce pounds (not legally, but this is assuming the person stealing is not a PT or CG).  If I steal a dried nugget, I can only have a nugget no matter how long I try.

And yes, no matter what a determined theif will be able to get into a grow, however if it is locked, they are breaking the law to do so.  They can't tell people you can never have visitors or repairmen come in, so instead they say, Lock all plants up.

Cedar