Real Time Feedback From U.s. Attorney Holder Statements From This Past Week

Michael Komorn

I wanted to share this with the forum, because it is real world, real time feedback from Holders statements this last week, on the positive side, for now. This is a case of 2 brothers a little over the plant count, ie 600, charged with the manufacturing over 100 plants, requiring a mandatory minimum in federal court of 5 years. This is an email sent to me from the Assistant U.S. Attorney in a federal case set for tomorrow.

“Good morning.  I just wanted to alert you both that in light of some new directives from Washington, D.C., I will not charge either of your clients w/mandatory minimums, as will be seen in the acknowledgments.  Consequently, the Rule-11s previously sent to both of you will, in time, be amended to reflect this change.  I will assume that neither of you have concerns w/this.  Thx.” 

C. Barrington Wilkins

Assistant U.S. Attorney

Michael A.  Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI  48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

(855) 456-6676: (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

CALL IN NUMBER:  (347) 326-9626

Live Every Thursday 8-10:00p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

Attorney Michael Komorn’ practice specializes in Medical Marihuana representation. He is the  President of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association (MMMA), a nonprofit patient advocacy group with over 26,000 members, which advocates for medical marihuana patients, and caregiver rights. He is also an experienced defense attorney successfully representing many wrongfully accused medical marihuana patients and caregivers

I think it means the judge can decide without being force to extend a sentence longer than he/she thought was necessary due to a mandatory minimum which takes the discretion out of their hands.  But I would think that not facing a mandatory might make them a little more generous with the plea offers.  Lost some of the 'fear' factor.

Dr. Bob

From what I understand of it: The Judge is allowed to hide the gross amount [ 600 plants ]  and consider it as not sufficient to invoke the Mandatory sentence.

So then they will only go by the regular accumulated point system. ie: Gun = xx, Violent Nature = xxx, ....

Will definitley lead to reduced TIP. 

Edited by solabeirtan