Tincture Question

Has anybody tried this?

http://www.kleenxtract.com/faq/

What Is KleenXtract?

Pure 100% (200 proof) Organic Ethyl Alcohol. KleenXtract meets or exceeds the stringent specifications of purity by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia),  exhibits odorless, tasteless, and colorless characteristics.

What is KleenXtract for?

KleenXtract is mainly used as an herbal oil and resin extractor, it is also used in the production of herbal tinctures, homeopathic medicines, flower remedies, perfumes, aromatherapy oils, herbal spirits, Pharmaceutical and more.

Why is KleenXtract a better solvent than butane for herbal extracts?

• Unlike butane, KleenXtract is a food grade natural solvent without being pressurized.
  • This means no expensive equipment and no expanding volatile gas.
  • KleenXtract is not even flammable when kept under 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Our product passes strict guidelines and testing to be food grade, organic, and USP.
  • Butane is not regulated and 10 X filtered could mean ran through an old oil filter.
  • With KleenXtract De-Waxing and Winterizing are not necessary.
  • Butane is made by oil companies that cause huge negative political and environmental impacts.
  • KleenXtract is made by organic farmers which is our best hope for the future.

I have heard of this stuff over at FC. It was recommended to me to try. I am quite interested. I was forewarned that once you open it and let the air hit it it is not 100% anymore. Still, I would like to try it. The less water, the better. That is very important to me. Any excess water makes my methods a pain. I don't do the RSO thing anymore. I am in to the natural decarbing and in my opinion it is by far superior in every single aspect medicinally that I know of. RSO is convenient to make up a large batch to be used right away.

I don't know whether or not to consider this a tincture, but my ND Sap (naturally decarcbed), I like it not fully evaporated if made with grain alcohol or iso oil winterized with grain alcohol. The winterized iso oil is more potent, but I find the oil made with only grain alcohol to be more medicinal.

The reason why you may want to consider it a tincture is because I like to leave it in a liquid state for two reasons. The winterized oil is too potent and needs to be diluted because I can't handle one drop, unless it is diluted with grain alcohol. Also, I like it to be liquid so I can use a vial with a dropper.

ND Sap, iso oil winterized with 190 proof grain alcohol. It is prettier and double the potency, but during the winterizing process I believe it loses a lot of medicinal properties. I am convinced that the grain alcohol or organic sap made is more medicinal. It has proven to be true with tooth aches, two people in a row. Instant relief with the ND Sap made with only grain alcohol. It is reasons like this and the feeling of the buzz that I have lost interest in RSO unless it is an emergency to be used right away, like a cancer patient or something. I truly believe, no heat is the key to the most medicinal oil made from cannabis.

ND Sap 7 28 14 023

ND Sap 7 28 14 022

• 5 years later...
On 7/10/2014 at 7:47 AM, MedicatedJester said:

It's definitely a good theory grassmatch, but I use 190 proof Everclear for every extraction.  So, any water/sugar content should be minimal and at least consistent between batches.  It's been awhile since that batch, but unless I somehow contaminated it in some other way it should have been consistent with all other batches.  That's what's perplexing!!  Alas, I will probably never know.

Order 200 proof offline the 10% makes a difference i promise 

Edited by Rebourne666
Typo