Ann Arbor Medical Marijuana Dispensary Raided By Dea

Federal authorities raided People’s Choice Alternative Medicine, a medical marijuana dispensary on Ann Arbor’s west side, Tuesday afternoon.

082013_marijuana_despensary_CS%20-1-thum

The DEA raided this medical marijuana dispensary Tuesday afternoon.

Courtney Sacco | AnnArbor.com

Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent Rich Isaacsonconfirmed to AnnArbor.com that federal agents executed a search warrant Tuesday at the dispensary, located at 2245 W. Liberty St. near Stadium Boulevard.

“It’s an ongoing investigation and I can’t comment further,” Isaacson said.

No one from People’s Choice was available to comment about the raid when an AnnArbor.com reporter went to the dispensary Tuesday afternoon. A sign on the door said "People's Choice is closed until further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience."

It’s the second such raid by the DEA in Washtenaw County in a month. On July 30, a search warrant was executed at The Shop — a medical marijuana dispensary in Ypsilanti.

After the raid, city officials suspended the license of the Cross Street dispensary after the raid because city inspectors found roaches, rolling papers and loose marijuana in and around an ashtray.

Isaacson would not comment on whether the two raids were related.

Ann Arbor police officials said they were not aware of the Tuesday raid at People’s Choice.

does any one have an opinion on the colors chosen to paint the Peoples Choice?

I was just wondering out loud, ive always been the type to try not to draw attn to myself.  Just saying!

Peace

Jim

Agreed! For years people have been able to find cannabis through a friend of a friend distribution network. Why one now needs to paint the side of a building purple or call their business names like "GanjaMama" or "Shake n Bake" seems to be asking for the wrong sort of attention.

Perhaps they hired their marketing staff from an Eight Mile strip club.

Did the choice of colors bring the inevitable federal attention to this dispensary sooner, or because they are show-offs, or because they run a giant city-licensed warehouse in Ypsi where they grow their own and don't need vendors?

Edited by pic book

bitcoins have been seized by the feds at least once so far. i dont remember in what circumstances however.

Not exactly...unencrypted computer with his private key seized. Did not take proper precautions. They never actually took the bitcoins, they are still sitting in the block chain, untransacted since.

About the bitcoins....for example you could save your private key to a million dollars in bitcoins on a thumb drive and hide it anywhere safe where it won't be found. Or print out your private key on a slip of paper and hide it somewhere safe. Stick it in a fortune cookie if you want.

If that guy had done that, he would have been able to access them as soon as he was out on bond. Absolutely no way they can be taken unless the private key is found. The bitcoins aren't anywhere, they are everywhere on the block chain in millions of computers all over the world simultaneously.

Hell, you could use encrypted email even, and store the key that way, or send it to yourself overseas, or whatever crafty idea you can think up.

It's genius.

Since I'm sitting back on the internet judging people, I'm going with nice job; I like the colors on the building.  I like the idea they are pushing for tolerance by operating in the open. 

I don't like that they got invaded by the Federal government at gunpoint over dried flowers that taste like candy.

Most of the shops in the city have little more than an address on the building.  You only know if you smoke herb, or work for a police department.  I bet you could live across the street and never know.  That's kinda cool too.

Did the choice of colors bring the inevitable federal attention to this dispensary sooner, or because they are show-offs, or because they run a giant city-licensed warehouse in Ypsi where they grow their own and don't need vendors?

It could possibly all of the above!  Maybe one of the huge investors in the university in that town with same colors took offense?  maybe not, most still running dispenses are doing it to get caught, At least that is what I beleive, mr. cain has been trying so hard to get raided, hmmm maybe the f.m is the best way to go for pt's and c.g's?

It takes big $ to go thru the court system, and it takes even more for out of state despenses to come to MI and ruin our c.g/pt system!

Just my take on it, like others say people that need the mm know where they are if they live around one, it is not necisarry to stick out like a soar thumb, beleive me a dispense will still make their $ w/o neon signs or fancy weed names, and no matter what changes happen in the courts these days, there will still be plenty of people breaking the law for leo to make money off of!

I hate seeing people like me or kp or bob getting arrested for simple lil grow rooms in our homes and following the law! I have to say I have no problem with the mexican cartels getting popped with their truck loads of crap coming into the u.s!  one of these days the people with all of the $$$ are most def gonna get the law changed so there are no such things as c.g's or personal grows, so we will be forced to use what they grow and what they want to charge!

Which is gonna make people that are realy trying their best to follow the law,,,,to go back underground so they can get good meds and grow their own, instead of the over priced and over taxed mm supplyed by big brothers pick or should I say the people that have big bro in their pockets!

Just my opinion and nothing else!

Peace

Jim