Ph Problem And Leafs

williams2311

To start off im using fox farm soil with general hydroponics 2 part mix.vegging with 8 bulb 4 foot t5 fixture.the temp is right around 74 to 80 depending on how how i have ac. Humidity is around 50 unless I spray with water then goes up to 60. well I just put a few into 5 gallon pots and their first feeding with the GH two part mix on monday.I looked at my plants before work and noticed a few strange things.

1. A few plants have all purple stems and branches.

2. 2 of them have browning of the leaves and some curling.

3.when I put in 5 gallon I noticed some of the roots at bottom had a few spots of brown.

Now I bought a cheap ph test kit came withba vile and some drops to drop in water if that's accurate my ph is 9. So with the last feeding I bought some gallons of kroger distilled water. I have not checked the ph from the bottled water. I will post pics when I get off of work just wondering if you guys could give me some ideas what it could be.

Also sorry if anything spelled wrong posted from my cell phone

Edited by williams2311

Do a quick google search...my advice...leave fox farms soil in the dust and buy some promix or sunshine mix 4 and a ph meter.

I would like to buy promix how ever I dont really have the space to mix or store all that soil. I wasn't going to use ff the grow shop was sold out of the other stuff he recommended and I turned down the promix due to not having the funds to buy all the additives

I would like to buy promix how ever I dont really have the space to mix or store all that soil. I wasn't going to use ff the grow shop was sold out of the other stuff he recommended and I turned down the promix due to not having the funds to buy all the additives

You can buy half bales at Menard's and mix inside of a large plastic storage bin.

Additives?

Every one told me about kiss method and all that goes into it seems like alot and dont really have space to mix them all up and store all that soil when I buy a bag I use it all that day

Using gh line, you dont need to add anything to promix or sunshine mix...maybe a lil perlite to promix.

Im only using the 2 part mix and that alone would work with the promix?