Recent Raids

Three raids confirmed in Detroit, one in Warren; Ann Arbor raid follows Walled Lake and Ypsilanti federal actions

by Rick Thompson

August 21, 2013

DETROIT- For the third time in three weeks, DEA agents have executed a state-issued warrant and raided a Michigan medical marijuana dispensary. In a seemingly unrelated series of actions, Detroit area dispensaries have seen at least four raids on distribution centers within the past week- including one in the city of Warren.

People's Choice in Ann Arbor was raided on Tuesday, August 20. Special Agent Rich Isaacson of the DEA confirmed to media that his federal agents had executed a state-issued warrant on the facility. Insiders say that there were no arrests made; People's Choice announced ...

Read the rest of the article at:

http://www.thecompassionchronicles.com/2013/08/21/dea-detroit-police-hit-marijuana-dispensaries-hard-with-7-raids/

I would have to disagree with you on weather they our illegal or not because i think they still are legal IMHO 

it's just my opinion and most Lawyers

I guess this demonstrates the need to do what the courts say the law means rather than what you think it means.  No one cares what we think is legal.  The courts have the final say on that and if they say dispensaries are not in compliance with the MMMA, don't open or run a dispensary until the law changes.

Lawyers don't tell you it is legal.  They tell you if they think they can defend what you want to do, but that defense only comes in to play AFTER you have been arrested.

The bottom line is this.  Do exactly what the law clearly specifies you can do.  That is found in section 4- stay in the limits, grow your own or have a caregiver to which you are registry associated, be a caregiver with up to 5 patients that are registry associated with you.  

Play cowboy, or do anything that must start with 'In my OPINION, this section of the law really means this.....', and you are asking to be arrested to prove your point.  The law is clear on things like patient, caregiver, registry, compensation, transfer.  There are those that CAN, and there are situations that MAYBE could be legal.  Stay with what the law says you CAN do.

Dr. Bob

I guess this demonstrates the need to do what the courts say the law means rather than what you think it means.  No one cares what we think is legal.  The courts have the final say on that and if they say dispensaries are not in compliance with the MMMA, don't open or run a dispensary until the law changes.

Lawyers don't tell you it is legal.  They tell you if they think they can defend what you want to do, but that defense only comes in to play AFTER you have been arrested.

i do agree Doc with  about your Lawyer statement  but just a few weeks ago blue water had their case dismissed for now 

What the hell are  the feds doing executing state issued search warrants ?

We were just talking about this over lunch. No actual info or contacts, but our guess was that as a result of Holder's new stance these guys are still geeked up drug warriors with no one to write a federal warrant so they are executing a State warrant.

This was as I say a best guess.

What the hell are  the feds doing executing state issued search warrants ?

Didn't the federal justice department issue a memo a few years back saying they would only raid/prosecute dispensaries that were breaking state law?  Many of the feds are state cops too.  Maybe the state asked the feds to be there?  They can do that.

The bottom line is this.  Do exactly what the law clearly specifies you can do.  That is found in section 4- stay in the limits, grow your own or have a caregiver to which you are registry associated, be a caregiver with up to 5 patients that are registry associated with you.  

Play cowboy, or do anything that must start with 'In my OPINION, this section of the law really means this.....', and you are asking to be arrested to prove your point.  The law is clear on things like patient, caregiver, registry, compensation, transfer.  There are those that CAN, and there are situations that MAYBE could be legal.  Stay with what the law says you CAN do.

Dr. Bob

The law also includes the Affirmative Defense. Let's not be forgetting that gem. Understand the risks and make informed decisions.

The law also includes the Affirmative Defense. Let's not be forgetting that gem. Understand the risks and make informed decisions.

Greg, drop it.  Section 4 is safe, perhaps section 8 will get you out of a bind AFTER you are arrested.

See my quoted response.  You are simply making stuff up you hope is true, just like your p2p schemes of the past.  It is really getting old.  You want to be a cowboy, you do it and take your chances.  Just like these dispensaries did.  Go fight the good fight, but the VAST majority of medical marijuana patients don't want to be arrested and have to hang on the little threads of truth you put up amongst the drivel. 

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Greg, drop it.  Section 4 is safe, perhaps section 8 will get you out of a bind AFTER you are arrested.

See my quoted response.  You are simply making stuff up you hope is true, just like your p2p schemes of the past.  It is really getting old.  You want to be a cowboy, you do it and take your chances.  Just like these dispensaries did.  Go fight the good fight, but the VAST majority of medical marijuana patients don't want to be arrested and have to hang on the little threads of truth you put up amongst the drivel. 

Dr. Bob

It is you that cannot leave well enough alone with your strident demands that only sec. 4 be conformed to. I point only to the text of the law. That is not speculation or making anything up. Sec. 8 is no less law than sec. 4. Please be honest enough to address the entire law, rather than only what meets with your limited agenda. We've been through this already. You have been demonstrated wrong regarding your insistence that unregistered caregivers are not protected under the AD. I do not object to anyone choosing to abide by sec. 4, and recommend it myself. It is deceptive and an insult to anyone's intelligence to continue to insist that sec. 8 be ignored, and to further marginalize it. People need to be informed. We are not children who are subject to your overreved superego.

Edited by GregS

But I gotta ask........ If the state is so sure that these people are breaking the STATE LAW then why call in the Feds? Why would they not just do it themselves and charge the people? Because they do know that they are breaking federal law and know that will stick on a federal level.  I have no doubt that they did call in the Feds to do it because they are not so sure anything would stick for the State. So maybe when they are tired of the patients they will just call in the feds on us as well. They can do that.

Instead all I hear about are armed robbery by leo........ When they have been charging these people and get pleas, because as far as I can see that are where most of their convictions come from, they are giving probation with almost all cases resulting in no jail time. Nice way to waste money eh?

Do Detroit police really have the resources to waste time and money like this? I mean really the murder capital of the country?

Edited to add that the fact is most of this may not have had anything to do with the state just the feds being feds.

Edited by ozzrokk

Just saw a story about another murdered person in the D........... Way to go Detroit Police...........At least we can all rest knowing that now noone will be killed by a bag of meds........ Ohhh wait I shouldnt be mad at the Detroit Police they did issue a warning that they would not be able to protect you if you do come to the D...... My bad.......