Recent Raids

It is you that cannot leave well enough alone with your strident demands that only sec. 4 be conformed to. I point only to the text of the law. That is not speculation or making anything up. Sec. 8 is no less law than sec. 4. Please be honest enough to address the entire law, rather than only what meets with your limited agenda. We've been through this already. You have been demonstrated wrong regarding your insistence that unregistered caregivers are not protected under the AD. I do not object to anyone choosing to abide by sec. 4, and recommend it myself. It is deceptive and an insult to anyone's intelligence to continue to insist that sec. 8 be ignored, and to further marginalize it. People need to be informed. We are not children who are subject to your overreved superego.

I do understand 

If a jury was to be able to here the case you would be OK until that happens we wont see any change in arresting people for Cannabis

I don't know what to say. They were told to shut down by the Michigan Supreme Court and chose to stay in business. It does suck that people are getting arrested for MMJ though.

Which decision is this found in? Where is it written that the MSC "told" dispensaries to "shut down?"

I assume you were confused by the McQueen decision, which is based on a civil case involving a local area trying to get rid of a dispensing location, operating in a particular manner.

In any case, if the raids in Ypsi, Walled Lake, and Ann Arbor, are based, somehow, on McQueen, as the warrants are currently sealed, it would be completely unnecessary and excessive to handle the issue by way of a raid, let alone an elaborate strategy to utilize a state issued warrant with a federal agency facitating the actual raid.

If there ever were such a decision, as you contend, none of this would be necessary.

I believe that Wayward Bill is likely correct that this exercise helped to attract local involvement with some kind of funding, and not because there is a standing order from the MSC to "shut down" any kind of a similar operation.

Jamie,

Stop being obtuse. If dispensaries are legal, then why are you fighting to pass a bill that makes dispensaries legal?

That is a separate issue. Trying to gain clarification and support on a state wide level, is different than necessarily believing that they are currently illegal.

Obviously, as long as there are people using their time and energy and resources to work against the Act and the central locations that help to functionally carry out the spirit and intent of the Act, there is a need to further make the point that they are all right. Particularly in areas where they have been accepted, tolerated, licensed, with no negative consequences and only positives for those choosing to participate and for the surrounding community.

I was, mainly, pointing out that you were incorrect in what the MSC said.

No, but they said you can't transfer MMJ to anyone but your registered patient.  I think that rules out the dispensary business model.  Again, why do you need a bill to pass through the state congress if they are legal?  If they are legal then why are they being raided?

i am not trying to say you are wrong but

the Ferndale  place got their case dismissed and so did the Blue-water one

i am not trying to say you are wrong but

No Bob, factually you are incorrect.

Clinical Relief in Ferndale just had the prosecutions appeal hearing at the Court of Appeals a couple weeks ago.  That decision then may be appealed by the losing side to the Sup Ct.  Whether the Sup Ct. will hear that case is as yet up in the air.

Blue-water has been finished and dismissed, but it is yet to be determined if the prosecution will appeal.

Edited by Hayduke

question for the legal minds..

how can a federal agent enforce a state warrant? which court system would the warrant be issued and or resolved in? 

how in the he l l can a federal agent enforce anything state related?  if the state asks for help then the feds are only allowed to observe and offer tech assistance and equipment.  if they are the entity actually doing the raid and accepting the jurisdictional prudence then the warrant would have to be issued from a federal court, tried in front of a federal judge, and then thereby resolved in a federal legal jurisdiction.

I thought that unless we are in a state of martial law then the feds have no authority in state court?

so a federal agent being present at a raid is only for intimidation up until the point that the states line of reasoning fails the warrant?

seems beyond unconstitutional to attack a state legal and compliant person with federal resources..

I sure hope some very smart people are trying to kick the feds out of our state.  from a political standpoint I am working hard on bending my congressmen's ear about dropping the federal budget all together.  we only get 30% of our states operating capitol from federal reserve tax dollars and yet they control 100% of our economy... that's bull and I am trying hard to get my congressmen to make Michigan the first state in the union to effectively "kick out the feds" and not take federal money and run our own state for a change like the constitution set us out to do and then make sure the federal government keeps its business straight and gets the world to stop killing each other and leave us alone in our state laws.  we the people of Michigan voted and approved cannabis for use.  the fed should have no authority to overturn us.  period.  that is totally unconstitutional and they need to leave it up to us as a state to figure out.

I am tired of them saying we cant have our budget money if we don't follow there pathetic rules.. how many times do they have to redo the highway in my downtown area and yet my street in a residential has just been made dirt again... they redo the downtown every 5 years to maintain the traffic count and BS budgets...

enough for now

sorry for ranting..

I am pissy about the feds overstepping their boundaries..  dispensaries are a state issue. not a federal one.  cannabis in Michigan is a State issue all of it.

GET OUT OF MICHIGAN WITH YOUR CANNABIS POROHIBITION FEDERAL OFFICERS.

Peace.

No Bob, factually you are incorrect.

Clinical Relief in Ferndale just had the prosecutions appeal hearing at the Court of Appeals a couple weeks ago.  That decision then may be appealed by the losing side to the Sup Ct.  Whether the Sup Ct. will hear that case is as yet up in the air.

Blue-water has been finished and dismissed, but it is yet to be determined if the prosecution will appeal.

Are Clinical relief and Bluewater still open?

... that's bull and I am trying hard to get my congressmen to make Michigan the first state in the union to effectively "kick out the feds" and not take federal money

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

Get a politician to not take money? That's like asking the sun not to rise!

Their whole reason for being is to suck the taxpayers teat so they don't have to get a real job and do something productive.

Edited by Wild Bill

OMG I know right...

its wishful thinking but I planted the seed anyways... now I will water it and watch it grow at every chance I get. 

the way I see it..the more people that tell their leaders we will not be pushed around and forced into compliance for a mere third of our operational budget the better chance we have of getting our way. 

just about every major city in MI is struggling with their budgets right now and some have even had to have emergency managers implemented just because of their inability to maintain a proper budget without corruption.

plant the seeds...

grow our own...

our state has the Right to defend itself when the people in EVERY county overwhelmingly supported this act.

it is beyond time for prohibition of cannabis as well as federal power over states rights to end.

I do agree but my point was that they both got dismissed we have to wait until we here more from the courts IMHO

It ain't over till it's over Bob.  To say their cases have been dismissed is like saying the Tigers won the game because they are ahead in the fifth inning.

Ya gotta go the distance.  Until one side stops appealing the cases are ongoing, not dismissed....

Yeah you are correct to say until the courts speak again and possibly again... all these are is an endless loop....

Celli, Clinical Relief never reopened, but at least one of their principals is still active in another dispensary.  I have no idea about Blue Water...