Fake Bubba And Og Kush

I just recieved my October 2013 issue of High Times magazine and there's an article and photos by Rocky Mountain High, Denver that includes full page photos of what is supposed to be Bubba Kush and OG Kush. Problem is, that neither is what it's supposed to be. We at Greenthumb Seeds, Canada were the first ever to have Bubba and OG Kush in seed form and have worked extensively with both strains for about 10 years now. We've never seen phenos like those pictured, so they're either crosses or total BS. Neither photo is even close to Bubba kush or OG Kush and there are ZERO hallmarks of true Bubba or OG in leaf, flower or growth structure. PERIOD. Rocky Mountain High is a dispensary so it must be decent smoke, which is great but what's pictured isn't real Bubba and it isn't real OG and I think people have a right to know.

Edited by greenthumb seeds

I just recieved my October 2013 issue of High Times magazine and there's an article and photos by Rocky Mountain High, Denver that includes full page photos of what is supposed to be Bubba Kush and OG Kush. Problem is, that neither is what it's supposed to be. We at Greenthumb Seeds, Canada were the first ever to have Bubba and OG Kush in seed form and have worked extensively with both strains for about 10 years now. We've never seen phenos like those pictured, so they're either crosses or total BS. Neither photo is even close to Bubba kush or OG Kush and there are ZERO hallmarks of true Bubba or OG in leaf, flower or growth structure. PERIOD. Rocky Mountain High is a dispensary so it must be decent smoke, which is great but what's pictured isn't real Bubba and it isn't real OG and I think people have a right to know.

Hey green thumb,

How come you don't  release more gear in REGULAR FORMAT.  ??

Gage Green Seeds is the best out in my personal opinion.  I think you would like there Grape Stomper OG hybrids....all of them.!!  This is the future in my book, and is why I have devoted lots of money sifting thru packs from Gage.

All I know is every strain that I have ran from Doc mirrors the exact cut his Katsu Bubba is identical to pre 98 Bubba and his Bubba OG is out of this world fantastic then comes his creation Endless Sky a world renown strain loved worldwide Greenthumb seeds is one of the best breeders in the world nothing you say can discount that fact.

Edited by mibrains
removed content due to complaints

All I know is every strain that I have ran from Doc mirrors the exact cut his Katsu Bubba is identical to pre 98 Bubba and his Bubba OG is out of this world fantastic then comes his creation Endless Sky a world renown strain loved worldwide Greenthumb seeds is one of the best breeders in the world nothing you say can discount that fact.

KD,

I have heard good things baout Greenthumb and at the very last minute right as i was about to order I could not ethically do it because the man does not release regulars.  i could care about mirroring the mother.  I want true genetics.  Not  hermied stressed out girl.  That is all a FMEminized plant is period.  Cannabis is being destroyed by breeders who only care about certain things.  Hermied are going to all express mutations because the plants version of chromosomes called "allelles" do not syncopate up properly like in our human DNA has a syncopation or order to it.

When the plant only has it's own genes it will have off spring that is not properly lined up and it will  have  "locked up" genes, therefore if these Feminized are ever released into the wild or to a land race population it will be causing retarded children.

I am not debating docs genetics I am sure he has good stuff but I just could support him when it came down to pulling the trigger.  i called him a year or so and he seemed kind arrogant and pompous to me.  Maybe he was having a bad day...?  we all have them.

However i choose to support sincere guys like Gage Green because they truly care about breeding and cannabis in general.  I comminucate tiwh gage weekly and have been doing so for almost 8 months now and they are truly some of the nicest people.  Coming from me that means a lot.  I can come off as a diyack sometimes.  These dudes really care about advancing cannabis and are solid moral individuals.  ofcourse they are making money and have prices that are a bit higher but they have the genetics and testing to back it all up.  And guess what...they are taking HUGE risk to bring ELITE genetics to the market for us all to have.  These guys have some of the best access to Cannabis from cali and other parts of the west coast.  But most of their stock is from Cali and we all know cali is the Mecca of the Cannabis world.  Amsterdam used to be the place but now it seems like the guys in Amsterdam just dub what gets worked in Cali and other states and mass produce or buy elites from the states then start up the dub rooms in Amsterdam.

I will say that DINAFEM has some of the most stable Feminized stuff I have used from a fem breeder. I ran a few strains from DINAFEM and did nto have hardly any issues from them.  Dinafem truly has some very stable lines.  I think they are out of Spain. . not sure.  And they are pretty cheap.

Every other paid pack I have bought not free "testers" have an additional bean in it.  They always germinate and with the exception of one strain are all very solid.  I cannot endorse or support these big names like DNA, GreenHOUSE anyfurther.  i have had nothing but HERM after HERM from all the big feminized seed houses.  The stock tends to be just weaker.  And stresses on the drop of a dime.  Even in controlled environments these pre-disposed gentics are just fundamentally weaker.

Now I should not dog the docs work because I have not tried him.  But i can say this with 100% confidence a fem is a fem is a fem.  All feminized stock regardless of how well it was produced is still going to have the same characteristics.

I just with there were more guys like Gage Green out there that were such a blessing to work with.

Dude selfing is done worldwide his genetics speak for themselves quit pushing Green gage in another breeders thread its disrespectful until green gage gives away thousands of free seeds they mean nothing to me until  they start showing charity instead of just greed I'm   not interested.

You ever hear the saying if you got nothing good to say ?

I have never understood the huge grudge some people have against FEM seeds.  I have a couple of FEM strains, including Greenhouse products, that I have run for 4+ years...with temps as high as 95F and as low as 55F....dirt, hydro....many variations of growing conditions.  I had a pH meter that went uncalibrated and on the fritz for about a month (yep...my bad) and my pH in hydro was down around 3.9 for who knows how many days...to weeks....I saw plenty of yellow leaves and lost plenty of clones but didn't see a single male flower.  I'd estimate that I've cracked 50+ fem seeds and out of all of them, I had only one strain that was a hermie.

I'm not too concerned about what might happen if/when we can freely grow outdoors.  Maybe some of these strains will be unstable, but the hemp farmers are gonna flood the air with pollen anyway, so it really doesn't matter how stable your strain is.  It will get pollinated. 

Dynafem cheese was and is great, still running it with no hermies. I was gona order sum of docs gear last year but endless sky and the iranian were out of stock. Lol i kinda just forgot. I got some blessing og on its way from gage green, we will see if they live up to your hype motor.

LOL....have not run the blessings...this is why I said anything with the Grape Stomper OG is the ones to grab.;  The Jo Jo OG hybrids are all good though.

Look into Bodhi Seeds he has Ancient Og which is (Iran 72 x SnowLotus).  I am very impressed with Bodhi's gear..it has strong life Force, vigor, resistance to all conditions.  My rooms climb to 82 with C02 then dip to 62-66 at night.  And one section of the room is right by a mini  split.  I would get Bodhi's gear stat.  Nothing but warm reviews to say about Bodhi.

• 2 weeks later...

Most people demand fem'd seeds these days. We do offer a few regular strains when possible but things like OG, Bubba etc., are "clone only," so there is no such thing as a regular seed.

Not sure how you claim there is No such thing as regulars.  i am just going to agree to disagree.  A clone only came from 2 parents at some point.  feminizing is a man made thing.  cannabis will herm in nature but it is not a natural thing..  In nature males n females breed.

Feminizing is done so people don't have to sex and so seedbanks don't have to match up males n females.  I do not think it is disrespectful to question a breeders ethics either.  We have a right to know why breeders choose to do certain things.  And me personally just do not buy fems anymore.

I never said docs gear was not good.  I just cannot support a non regular breeder because at some point I will want to breed my own strains for my own stash not to be a money making breeder and you 100% cannot breed to a feminized female.  The DNA is locked up and while you can do it there will be offspring that will have mutations and retarded children.

One last thing...there are so many different OG and Bubba versions out there I do not understand how 1 man can even claim to have the ONLY clone of either strains. No disrespect DOc Greenthumb but again I am just going to have to agree to disagree.

Edited by motorcitymeds

• 5 months later...

What is your source?

Whatever the source it's 100% wrong.

My Lemon75Wappa started with a feminized lemon skunk clone and it got hit with pollen from a male presumed white widow.  The result was white lemons.  A male from those seeds was then bred back to the lemon skunk clone resulting in Lemon75.  Someone then feminized the lemon75 and also hit a Wappa with the pollen.  That was the first Lemon75Wappa.  They then still had the Lemon75 cutting and wanted to make fem seeds of the Wappa so They sprayed the Wappa to make pollen and took pollen from that one to hit the Lemon75 cut.  So they made fem seeds both ways by hitting the fem Wappa with pollen from the Lemon75 clone and made it from taking pollen from the Wappa and hitting the Lemon75 cutting.  I then had my QE(querkle x pineapple express) from a regular cross of a male querkle to a fem pineapple express throw 2 male flowers and I happened to have a Lemon75Wappa plant from a feminized seed flowering about 10 days behind the QE.  Somehow it then hit that QE pollen to my Lemon75Wappa and now have 12 seeds from that accidental cross.

Depending on the method used and how stable the fem seeds are when someone crosses a reg male to that fem seeds, if they are stable, you get closer to a 75-90% true female ratio from the resultant cross.

Edited by Norby

The atmosphere in the garden can determine the ratio of male to females.

Dr G has provided me with years of solid representations of popular genetics.

None were ever doubted, all were strong and healthy and exactly as described.

Even the strains I didn't enjoy were huge medical hits to others.

He is a legend in the breeder forums and deserves my respect.

If I have a female plant, and wish to make seeds, they will most assuredly be all female, or random hermaphrodites, even with chems. imo

the probability of hermaphroditism and mutations increase significantly if using feminized seeds in a breeding project. this also applies to inadvertent pollinations resulting from fem. seed. ultimately we are polluting our gene population -to some degree- for the convenience of all-female seed of that sought after cutting-only flavor. whether that's good or bad, it's inescapable at this point.

I see how making quality fem. seeds can preserve genetics of special rare plants, but it would also be nice to see all commercial breeders dedicate a portion of their business to sustainably minded breeders by offering regular seed stock. It would be a way too attempt to keep the balance, regardless what is claimed on occasion such as ppl demanding fem. over regular seeds.

It's informative that this thread was created to provide a 'heads up' on another's seed company whose product may not be representative of real-deal bubba. Do yourself a favor, patients, and demand a few 'regular' genetics (in addition to omnipresent fem. beans) if not for you, for the next generation or the ones after that.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never grown any dr DT's but I've only ever heard complimentary things about his gear, which I can't say for any other co's offering feminized beans. I'd guess he only releases quality product but I can't say for sure until I receive a sweet T and mega freebies from drGT.

Well, I can't say that the plants in the article look anything like Bubba Kush, but the buds in the centerfold do.

I grew Qush, which is supposed to be SpaceQueen and Pre-98 Bubba Kush. I did end up with both phenotypes. The BK pheno produced buds that were very similar to the 10/2013 HIgh Times centerfold and cover. I saw pictures of Afi and Mos Cutty's cuts of BK, which is supposed to be the real deal. Their plants looked the same as my Qush pheno, tall and stretchy. I have sampled some. It seemed very similar to one of my Qush phenos.

Again, I can't speak for what is pictured in the magazine. However, there were some pictures of colas that looked nothing like BK to me. At least going by what I have seen.

Is there a difference between Pre-98 Bubba Kush and Bubba Kush or are they the same?

I went through he ll trying to dig up my 10/2013 issue of HT too! The only issue that was not with the rest!

Here are some pictures of my Qush pheno that is supposedly crossed with Pre-98 BK.

This is the pheno that came out very similar in taste to the Pre-98 BK that Afi and Mos had. Extremely dense buds. Real good smoke and all, just not a fan of the BK flavor.

Qush 1 2012 04270020

Qush Pheno 1 2012 06080019

Qush Pheno 1 2012 06080012

Here is a picture of the 10/2013 HT centerfold. That is pretty much why I posted. I would not know if they were the real deal or not, but did find the magazine!

High Times 10 2013 Bubba Kush 3 29 14 014

glad I reread this. let me clarify. During a seed production, the atmosphere in the garden can affect sex ratio of the resultant seed production.

Hermaphrodism is a different expression than showing a single male flower in a bud. The issues are completely solved for the breeders who care, and Reverse will permanently fix any downline issues.

I've bred fems and had no issues. male to female ratio was no different than any other reg seed stock breeding. Allowing a plant to stay  in the garden past its mature state will usually result in a male flower in some buds. The pollen from this will produce 100% females, 100% of the time, and they will grow to be healthy and normal. It happens in nature all the time. People use to flick the lights on and off to stress plants enough to show bananas, only to make tons of garbage seeds, we all know better now I hope. There are gases, minerals, oils that will cause plants to express the single flower sooner than maturity also, silver, ethylene, etc...

The atmosphere in the garden can determine the ratio of male to females.

Dr G has provided me with years of solid representations of popular genetics.

None were ever doubted, all were strong and healthy and exactly as described.

Even the strains I didn't enjoy were huge medical hits to others.

He is a legend in the breeder forums and deserves my respect.

If I have a female plant, and wish to make seeds, they will most assuredly be all female, or random hermaphrodites, even with chems. imo