Growing Stages

jimmiej48

I have been running 18-6 for time as well.. I guess I put this topic up to get some input on what other people are doing hoping to learn more... really needing to know how long I should be running 18-6 and how tall I should let my plants get before I switch bulbs and go to the next stage...

I have been running 18-6 for time as well.. I guess I put this topic up to get some input on what other people are doing hoping to learn more... really needing to know how long I should be running 18-6 and how tall I should let my plants get before I switch bulbs and go to the next stage...

Really depending on grower. I dont have much space (4×4 tent) and im bushing mine out rather let them get to tall since they will grow quite a bit in flower

i would top them if you want bushes

Check out his thread on Rollitup

Uncle Ben's Topping Technique to Get 2 or 4 Main Colas

To get 4 main colas, let your seedling or cutting (clone) grow to about 5-6 nodes and pinch out (cut) the stem just above the 2nd true node. The node where the cotyledons attach doesn't count. The result will be a redistribution of the auxins and other hormones that normally collect in the tissue of the terminal leader's tip. These ho moans will be redistributed to dormant buds that reside in the nodal axis where the leaf petiole attaches to the "trunk", below the cut. The new foliar output response will be quick (within 24 hrs., see photo below) if you have a healthy growing seedling and will be your future main colas - 4 instead of the usual 1: