Outdoor Grow Question Of Legality

wozerdozer

Ok  I talked to a guy at a compassion club the other day and he said he has found a way to protect

himself from his neighbors being able to see his grow from there roof.  He said he wrote up a contract

with his neighbor to rent there roof. In the rental agreement it states that the home owner or anyone else 

cannot access the roof of there home for any reason for the remaining growing months. Does this sound

legit to you guys. No im not thinking of trying this myself I was just wondering if it was legal.

Thanks

Wozer

I would say absolutely not wozer.

the changes to the act are pretty clear about being able to view the plants from any permanent structures...

if it's a cell tower.... only the cell tower people have access... however a cell tower is a permanent structure and if you live next to one you had better have an opaque roof...

I would advise against this concept in every way possible.

sounds sketchy at best to me.. a section eight case waiting to happen.. again..  or another Supreme Court run.. Can they afford the defense?

I for one am getting pretty tired of floating the bill for other peoples mistakes... so tell your friend that if they are going to try something outside of the section 4 protections to have their own money for their defense and to please not screw it up for the rest of us we are already stuck floating the 20k for the supreme court to (possibly) hear carruthers and (hopefully)rule in our favor..

under the circumstances we as a community have no choice but to deal with that mess because one person transported medibles and had prices and individual packaging thereby causing the COA to ultimately decimate the definition of "usable cannabis" as it applies to extracts.

he was not using them at home..

because he was hounded in that place,  at that time, none of us can utilize the extracts until it's addressed with further legal actions..

please advise your friend to think long and hard about this "arrangement"  and ask if they can afford to take the case all the way to the end... otherwise tell them to have an opaque roof and not cost the rest of us the grief.

all these sketchy ideas outside of section four are dangerous and causing all of us stress and trouble dealing with the mess left behind.

I apologize if I am sounding snippy but it has been building up inside and I needed to express my discontent with the current state of the COA and their daily impact on us as patients and caregivers.

people need to stop giving our court system ammunition to make these ridiculous rulings from.

if you are going to attempt a section 8 defense make sure you can pay for it yourself with your own time and money and that would be my advice.

Edited by mibrains

Well I did say I met him at a compassion club. I don't personally know this guy.

He said that his back yard is totally  privacy fenced with a cage built on the back

of his house totally enclosed and locked and secured on all sides with opaque

plastic on all  sides.He said that swat surrounded his  his home  a few weeks 

ago and had the choppers buzzing. He showed them proof he was legal and told

them to leave since they didn't have a warrant and none of the plants were visible

and they left and haven't been back. Thats when he decided to take the plastic off(its

caged on top) and rent the roof of the neighbors house so they cant access the top of

there home. His philosphy is he has a written contract that says that the homeowner

cannot access there own roof  through the end of this years growing season so he's safe.

I myself thought it sounded like a bad idea. But I thought I would ask here and see what you

guys thought about it.

Thanks

Wozer

Personally, I think this guy is full of hot air and at the very least, exaggerating the facts if not making them up completely.  

Could be. Not sure. Seemed  seriouse but who knows.

good point Woz..

I mistakenly called him your friend..

my apologies.

I don't believe it was smart for him to uncover it.

why once it was "authenticated by LEO" would he change anything I wonder? ? ? ?

l swear...

Hey mibrains that's ok no need for apologies. He said he had mites and he believed

letting the rain hit them that the mites would leave or at least stay manageable. 

Wozer

Could be. Not sure. Seemed  seriouse but who knows.

Hey mibrains that's ok no need for apologies. He said he had mites and he believed

letting the rain hit them that the mites would leave or at least stay manageable. 

Wozer

Yeah, he's an ....  I wouldn't trust anything he said after that.

Edited by mibrains