Beyond Fundraising / Wednesday Rant

I will say this........ I have had it with people blaming the patients and caregivers for the system making ridiculous and unjust rulings against our law....... BLAME the court, leo and prosecutors for not honoring the law. Blame them for making sheit up and leaving out the parts of our law that does not fit their agenda. So many times I have seen someone arrested and people around here saying stuff like they should have stayed underground or they should have not drawn attention to themselves and that by doing so they are hurting us all.... Blah Blah Blah.......   Maybe some people look at you and say what you do are hurting us Blah Blah Blah.....The fact is they system and politicians do not like us. They do not like marijuana. It has very little to do with things they are seeing and more to do with the way they have ALWAYS felt about us. News flash THEY DO NO LIKE THIS LAW OR US........... They are using excuses. I know I know well we shouldnt be giving them excuses but the fact of the matter is they will make an excuse out of even the most compliant situation if they have to.  This blaming the people who are getting these twisted unjust ruling against them has to stop. WE MUST STAND TOGETHER.......

Just wondering, do you feel it's the government's fault when someone gets arrested for driving while drunk?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bitter?  No.  Nothing to be bitter about.  Brash?  Guilty!  I suppose that is my personality.  I suppose I do not sugarcoat things.  I tell it like it is and sometimes that comes off as rude. 

As for winning--no, I don't want to win.  So YOU win!!!!  ;)

SIGH......Can't you accept the win graciously?  :P

I suppose I am more passionate about this issue than I realized.  Thank you for helping me realize that.  Just because I am angry over the situation doesn't mean I shouldn't help fix it.  I do not agree with what someone did to get us here, but now that we are here.......

Now the blame for those cases lies on the community?? 

WE AS A COMMUNITY FAILED????? 

Entitlement runs rampant around these parts I suppose....SIGH!

Honey didn't help King or Redden.  Those were two good chances to affect case law that this community failed on.  We failed King and Redden by not stepping up and supporting them.  I don't recall anyone beating a fundraising drum for those guys.  So maybe it takes a different approach than what didn't work before? 

Honey didn't help King or Redden.  Those were two good chances to affect case law that this community failed on.  We failed King and Redden by not stepping up and supporting them.  I don't recall anyone beating a fundraising drum for those guys.  So maybe it takes a different approach than what didn't work before? 

Thanks for your support 

We did try to have fundraisers but we bobandtorey could not get the support as we needed i still don't understand why we where fighting just to get our case to a jury and if that would have happen we might not be where we are today IMHO 

I think the people voted for a law where those that need medical marijuana can use it. I dont think I need to say anything else about that. It is clear by THIS ruling that that intent is not being honored.

Do I think it is the Governments fault for people getting arrested for drunk driving? No.... In fact I think they are not diligent enough on it. Do you think that it is the patients fault for using a brownie, that is clearly in the law but now illegal because of a biased twisted ruling from the COA?

Is anyone here going to tell me that the COA was correct in any way in this ruling? ANYONE?

Thanks for your support 

We did try to have fundraisers but we bobandtorey could not get the support as we needed i still don't understand why we where fighting just to get our case to a jury and if that would have happen we might not be where we are today IMHO 

Yes - we saw what happens when patients are left on their own.  And it is sad.  I recall meeting Larry just before his first appearance in the district court.  He said he was ready to take it all the way.  Now he's somewhat bitter.  Why?  Because he could have taken a plea 4 years ago and been off probation three years ago and moved on with his life.  He would be better off today if he took a plea and ended this years ago.  But he decided 4+ years ago to do what was best for the community.  The community didn't respond in kind.

Just as an aside, Mr. Carruthers is a very good human being, and I am sure does not kick any puppies. Great rant, everyone, and good points made by all. We should get back to the other thread, now, right?

Most criminals do not kick puppies!  That's Doctor Bob's M.O.    :P  

The other thread is for fundraising, I didn't think rants would be appreciated there.  This is a legit issue many are discussing right now.  It doesn't mean we will not help the cause, it means we are human.  These types of things can not be swept under the rug, they need to be discussed.  I am not the only one that feels this way, just the first one to voice it.  I was helped to see things a bit differently, others may too.  These are real issues people are talking about in the "real world".  If I understand them differently, I can help explain them differently. Same goes for others. 

Too many times things get left unsaid and it hurts more than helps :)

Edited by northerngal

i agree Larry was and is doing it because of it's the right thing to do and the same reason we did

the judge has issued a opinion in Larry's case i am no Lawyer so i can only give my take on it he will have a Sec 8 trail not by a jury and thats going to be next year sometime  imho 

i just wanted everyone to know and i will let Larry post it because it's up to him 

i know how he feels

Thanks for your support 

Well truth be told Bob many here think it is YOUR fault that the courts pulled you in. They blame YOU and they blame KING. They blame everyone but those that should be blamed. Truly sad....... How dare you grow when the law says you can grow.

i agree Larry was and is doing it because of it's the right thing to do and the same reason we did

the judge has issued a opinion in Larry's case i am no Lawyer so i can only give my take on it he will have a Sec 8 trail not by a jury and thats going to be next year sometime  imho 

i just wanted everyone to know and i will let Larry post it because it's up to him 

i know how he feels

Bob I wish I had been more involved in your case, but I was waaay under the radar back then.

So Larry will be seeing his FIFTH YEAR in the meat grinder.  Sad.  Just sad.

Agreed fully. Like I said, good rant. People should understand the dynamic and realize it is not the medical marijuana community choosing the test cases; it is the police.

I can respect that too.

It is also the people breaking the law - pushing the bars.

Edited by northerngal

Well truth be told Bob many here think it is YOUR fault that the courts pulled you in. They blame YOU and they blame KING. They blame everyone but those that should be blamed. Truly sad....... How dare you grow when the law says you can grow.

If you are saying that because of my rant here, you are sadly mistaken and need to reread.  I never said anything about any case that was unrelated to a dispensary or pseudo-dispensary. 

Growing for yourself or your patients within the law, plays nowhere into my "blame".   That is what I believe most voters indeed intended. 

If I misunderstood and you are speaking of others "blame", then I apologize.   I do not choose to have my words misconstrued though and things read into them that ARE NOT there.

Edited by northerngal

Yes we where blamed from the first day of our raid that we should had waited for are cards and then after the C.O.A opinion came down saying you don't need one but must have your Rec then people would post pictures of their grows on here and you could tell they had to be grown before there cards came 

well anyways thats for your support also i just wanted to post some before this gets locked

Yes we where blamed from the first day of our raid that we should had waited for are cards and then after the C.O.A opinion came down saying you don't need one but must have your Rec then people would post pictures of their grows on here and you could tell they had to be grown before there cards came 

well anyways thats for your support also i just wanted to post some before this gets locked

There is no reason for this post to be locked.  We are real people having a real discussion.  We do not always have to agree as long as we try to do it respectfully.  This site may be owned by Mr. Komorn, but without us this site would be useless.  WE are what make this site.  (no disrespect meant to Mr. Komorn) 

If you are saying that because of my rant here, you are sadly mistaken and need to reread.  I never said anything about any case that was unrelated to a dispensary or pseudo-dispensary. 

Growing for yourself or your patients within the law, plays nowhere into my "blame".   That is what I believe most voters indeed intended. 

If I misunderstood and you are speaking of others "blame", then I apologize.   I do not choose to have my words misconstrued though and things read into them that ARE NOT there.

I did not say that because of your rant and I see where you could think that. I do apologize for making you think that. I have followed your writings for many years and know where you stand. I was saying it based on many things I have read over all the years. I may not agree with everything that you or everyone says but I do realize we are all in this together and respect your opinion.

Make no mistake about it Bob there are MANY here that love you and Torrey.............

I did not say that because of your rant and I see where you could think that. I do apologize for making you think that. I have followed your writings for many years and know where you stand. I was saying it based on many things I have read over all the years. I may not agree with everything that you or everyone says but I do realize we are all in this together and respect your opinion.

I appreciate that Ozz.   No apologies necessary. 

I appreciate all you are doing to help with this fundraising!  I do my best to treat others with respect and understand where they may be coming from.  We are all individuals with different life circumstances.  I am human too.  I make many mistakes, but I do my best to own up to them and not repeat them! 

I appreciate all you are doing to help with this fundraising!  I do my best to treat others with respect and understand where they may be coming from.  We are all individuals with different life circumstances.  I am human too.  I make many mistakes, but I do my best to own up to them and not repeat them! 

Thank you NG that means alot coming from you as I consider you a great asset to this community.

Redden was supported financially by many many people. Free gas. Free Medicine. Cash in Pocket. New Door. Free Attorneys etc etc.

Bob committed an arrestable offense from listening to people that were overzealous in their understanding of the law.  Then posting about it with your full REAL name on this website(with your city location).

Many people and attorneys stepped up and helped Bob.

I know Bob will back up that statement because it is simply true.  I am guessing thousands of dollars of aid given to Bob.

It's all good Northern. I agree with you.

"We", the community, may very well win the "preparation thereof" argument in the Supreme Court.

But Carruthers will still have to go back for a Sec 8 defense on Weight, and still may lose,.... but we will win.

It's one of those things goin on.

Sadly It has nothing to do with Carruthers what we are fighting for(new ruling) and everything to do with it.

Redden was supported financially by many many people. Free gas. Free Medicine. Cash in Pocket. New Door. Free Attorneys etc etc.

Bob committed an arrest-able offense from listening to people that were overzealous in their understanding of the law.  Then posting about it with your full REAL name on this website(with your city location).

Many people and attorneys stepped up and helped Bob.

I know Bob will back up that statement because it is simply true.  I am guessing thousands of dollars of aid given to Bob.

Thanks

I can try to but it will only be misunderstood as to the words that i type i am not as good as a post as you make no mistake the MMMA has always support us from the day Brad and peanut butter came to our home to help us put our front door on

Bob committed an arrest-able offense from listening to people that were overzealous in there understanding of the law ? this one is a set-up IMHO it's easy for someone to say this after almost 5 years later and believe it or not even i know that now

Redden was supported financially by many people?? Well your point is? money do people really think that $$ can move a movement ? IMHO it takes people and support to do that 

(e) "Marihuana" means that term as defined in section 7106 of the public health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.7106. This is what it says on the LARA website, and this is what I go by until they change it. I only follow the rules as the state says they are, here is the link. http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(mudelxbm5jtlntufut2qne45))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26423

It's all good Northern. I agree with you.

"We", the community, may very well win the "preparation thereof" argument in the Supreme Court.

But Carruthers will still have to go back for a Sec 8 defense on Weight, and still may lose,.... but we will win.

It's one of those things goin on.

Sadly It has nothing to do with Carruthers what we are fighting for(new ruling) and everything to do with it.

If they will even here the case that is i still think that fighting for a jury to here a card holder has a card will do more  for us all until that happens the court will do as they have done convict Patient and caregivers at will

I hear ya Bob.

Carruthers could "win" in the Supreme Court and still face conviction.

There has been a couple cases like this.  The community cheers a victory, while the human cost of the actual defendant is yet to possibly be paid.

It's a catch 22 and all those euphemisms when it comes to these court cases.  The community cares about preparation thereof and weight limits on medibles; while few really care about the human cost or the final decision as long as those issues are resolved.

I always tell people to do what is best for you and your family when deciding how to approach a case against you in court.  Sometimes a plea will be best, sometimes a sec 8 will be thebest thing,.. sometimes a COA fight is best, sometimes a SC decision is the best for you and your family.  In this particular case,... I believe carruthers is, AT THIS POINT, best to go with a SC fight.  I believe in the end, the decision will help them fight their Sec. 8 case when returned to the lower courts.  It is stupid to predict what a court will decide,... but whoever said I was smart? ;-)  I just believe this is where this is going and AT THIS POINT, what the community wants and what will help Carruthers the most is pursuing this case.  Mutual interest at this point.