Beyond Fundraising / Wednesday Rant

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

I'm thinking really hard to find something to keep this OT.

I can only say, I try to keep a light heart and not get too worked up over this stuff.  The stress isn't necessary.  A victory is only as good as the power it makes you feel.  A loss is only as powerful as the sadness it brings.

Be as proud of your meds as you want.  Say they are the best you've had.  Say they are the best anyone you know has had.  That's swag.  And I can accept that.

But when you make claims to be among the best in the state, you assault your own credibility.

LOL..Nice response.   LOL..yawn.  nitey, night..long weekend....of work n fun.

It just is what it is.  Results speak for themselves.  And i will take a quote from a hilarious movie i watched this weekend "pain and gain" ..."do'ers do,

Thanks for all your help with this i know it means a lot to the people that need and use the cannabis in this way 

I have a ? 

do all bake goods count as your 2.5 limit 

or should you be able to have a pan of brownies that is marked this pan has 1Gram of Cannabis in it so you could have  70 pans?

Bob,

I can give you my opinion or what I desire, but those would both be useless in the eyes of the law.   Not to mention, irrelevant to the thread topic.  (perhaps more appropriate in my "Carruthers Rant" topic :) )   But you baited me, I must answer :P

My personal opinion is that the whole weight shouldn't count, as most of the weight is brownie, not medicine.  But that's simply my personal desire speaking.  If the whole weight of the brownie is considered, a typical patient could not possess even a single medicated brownie.  Personally, having digestive disease and auto immune disorders, ingesting is my preferred method, so I am biased. 

It doesn't matter how many brownies I have or how much they weigh, they are not protected under section 4.  A person would be relying on a section 8 case in this instance anyhow.  :(  :(

Edited by northerngal

Bob,

I can give you my opinion or what I desire, but those would both be useless in the eyes of the law.   Not to mention, irrelevant to the thread topic.  (perhaps more appropriate in my "Carruthers Rant" topic :) )   But you baited me, I must answer :P

My personal opinion is that the whole weight shouldn't count, as most of the weight is brownie, not medicine.  But that's simply my personal desire speaking.  If the whole weight of the brownie is considered, a typical patient could not possess even a single medicated brownie.  Personally, having digestive disease and auto immune disorders, ingesting is my preferred method, so I am biased. 

It doesn't matter how many brownies I have or how much they weigh, they are not protected under section 4.  A person would be relying on a section 8 case in this instance anyhow.  :(  :(

OK i will go there thank you

OK i will go there thank you

Voila, like magic they are already here :P

Ok, Ok, truth be told I reported myself and my off topic reply and asked that the posts be moved here.  I think this is the more appropriate thread to discuss this in.

I have a feeling you are leading to something.  Help me out here......

How do you feel about edibles?  I get the feeling you aren't particularly fond of them or have an issue with them beyond legality?  At the same time I can not rationalize why. 

If the point is you believe Carruthers was doing something "wrong" anyhow.....

I would agree with that stance.  It doesn't matter though, I realize that.  What matters is how the COA defined things in their decision.  That decision's wording and rationale/interpretation is ignorant.  We must do something about it whether we defend Carruthers actions or not.  I was brought to realize this isn't about Carruthers case, it's about the decision handed down.

I have mad respect for you Bob.  You fought long and hard and showed your face out there like a trooper in support of others.  Sometimes I have a hard time comprehending your posts though and do not understand what exactly your asking or implying.  I find it much easier to ask a person rather than spend my day hashing it out internally.   I think my "left brain" needs a rest today, its tired of repetitious analyzing  :P

Edited by northerngal

Voila, like magic they are already here :P

Ok, Ok, truth be told I reported myself and my off topic reply.  I think this is the more appropriate thread to discuss this in.

I have a feeling you are leading to something.  Help me out here......

How do you feel about edibles?  I get the feeling you aren't particularly fond of them or have an issue with them beyond legality?  At the same time I can not rationalize why. 

If the point is you believe Carruthers was doing something "wrong" anyhow.....

I would agree with that stance.  It doesn't matter though, I realize that.  What matters is how the COA defined things in their decision.  That decision's wording and rationale/interpretation is ignorant.  We must do something about it whether we defend Carruthers actions or not.  I was brought to realize this isn't about Carruthers case, it's about the decision handed down.

I have mad respect for you Bob.  You fought long and hard and showed your face out there like a trooper in support of others.  Sometimes I have a hard time comprehending your posts though and do not understand what exactly your asking or implying.  I find it much easier to ask a person rather than spend my day hashing it out internally.   I think my "left brain" needs a rest today, its tired of repetitious analyzing  :P

How do you feel about edibles? i feel very strong about Cannabis in any from that someone can use it for medical reasons and to me the fight is and has alway been about Cannabis not just edibles 

I also feel if a jury where to be able to here case's we would not be seeing case's going to the C.O.A and ruling coming down that only make our Law less then the voters wanted or voted for it's only my opinion

How do you feel about edibles? i feel very strong about Cannabis in any from that someone can use it for medical reasons and to me the fight is and has alway been about Cannabis not just edibles 

I also feel if a jury where to be able to here case's we would not be seeing case's going to the C.O.A and ruling coming down that only make our Law less then the voters wanted or voted for it's only my opinion

This isn't just about edibles to me either.  That's just what hits home most about this decision for ME. 

It was your questions regarding the brownies that prompted my response and questions regarding edibles.

To be honest, I wish that the law was clear to everyone from the beginning.  The constant misinformation, clarifications, rulings, HB's etc. seem to cause more confusion, leading to more arrests.   :(    I can't honestly claim to know what the people voted for anymore.  I know what I voted for and prompted others to vote for........and this fiasco isn't it.

Edited by northerngal

This isn't just about edibles to me either.  That's just what hits home most about this decision for ME. 

It was your questions regarding the brownies that prompted my response and questions regarding edibles.

To be honest, I wish that the law was clear to everyone from the beginning.  The constant misinformation, clarifications, rulings, HB's etc. seem to cause more confusion, leading to more arrests.   :(    I can't honestly claim to know what the people voted for anymore.  I know what I voted for and prompted others to vote for........and this fiasco isn't it.

The fiasco is exactly what the state wants...... Truly sad....... If everything was easy and cut and dry then they would find something else to mess with. They HATE US....... And could care less what the will of the people is.

Edited by ozzrokk

I'm not around any dispensaries, and I don't know the politics involved with them. I'm also not interested in discussing them. I think I get gist of the arguments, and I'd like to focus on the task at hand, rather than get sidetracked.

That being said, business is business. There should be people working to get dispensaries, and/or those that supply them with concentrates, on board. It really shouldn't be a difficult pitch. The relevance of this case seems plain as day. I think it's great that they're willing to put out flyers, but I think donor packages should be established and contracted. Start with a level that attempts 20-30% (or more?) of net on concentrates. Top level donors can get their name added to shirts, flyers, radio etc. Have some mid levels with various percentages and perks. Also, create a low level that amounts to "well, if that's all you can do..".

^^ This example is crude, but hopefully you get the gist.

Dispensaries can use their support for marketing: "Come here and X% goes to protect patient rights!"

Tapping into even 10-20% of the profit margin on concentrates would go a long way.   

Also, can I donate a puppy? 

I donated money to help a dispensary. lol  It was kind of odd being asked to play a game of chance, and being asked for a donation to help out.  When I'm paying $560 for an ounce. lol  A little absurd, in a way.  It probably went to their lawyer or their vacation fund.

I did get a nice stash jar out of the deal.  And I found 2 seeds in some shake they included as my prize.  Saved those.

I appreciate the risk the owners are taking, I do.  I appreciate I can run to the weed store at 10 am any morning.  But I'm not confused about the relationship.

You sound like a legit caring person, btw.

And, these Dispensaries should stand on their own when they get busted.

I don't appreciate trying to get me to sign documents that can later be forged, notarized or other shenanigans can take place with.  I don't like people with a place loaded full of cameras trying to put me into an illegal position, to cover their donkey, when I have a legitimate state sponsored ability to purchase.

You're making illegal drug dealer money, at premium, with a storefront, and there are 3 years to go back on you and make a case.  You know the sentencing guidelines, or should know them, you know the statues of limitations, you know about conspiracy having an open ended sentencing ceiling; therefore you charge what you charge, and the legal system is going to take a percentage when you get busted.  That should be factored in for you.

Don't go trying to drag other people into your consequences.  Man up or woman up, and decide if you want to make the trade and take the risk and pay the price when you get caught.  Don't drag bystanders into your ambitions or your problems.

When you bullshiit yourself, that's fine.  When you drag me into your bullshiit, now we have a problem.

these Dispensaries should stand on their own when they get busted

When you bullshiit yourself, that's fine.  When you drag me into your bullshiit, now we have a problem.

then we have a problem :(

I couldn't agree more with your stance on dispensaries..

the problem is.. this is yet another case about a person supplying a dispensary. carruthers got caught driving without a license and having more than 4 times the possible legally compliant weight limit allows..

that irresponsible action has allowed the COA a chance to inflict more jurisdictional prudence...

not good for us.

harsh... very harsh.

so as a community what do we do to address this problem?

we are currently fundraising and trying to see if the MI SC might possible in some way restore the extract forms of cannabis.

that action is reactionary in nature...

what can we do proactively right now to help everyone avoid any future mistakes?

maybe we need a new thread titled - cannabis - how to act when your in public so your actions don't harm the rest of the community.

do what you want when your in your castle... but when in public its the time to get it right.

Wow i can see how you feel and do agree that there is away one bad apple it the bunch that can make the rest go bad i am glad you said it 

Do people think that just because you put on a label that this Brownie has .2 Grams of THC the Court should take your word for that or we all should be able to open up a Bakery 

PS

no one should go to jail for Cannabis

true story bob as you say it...

no one should ever go to jail for cannabis.

but they are.. can.. and do.

and it has become in many circumstances a direct result of some peoples overreaching desire to "push the envelope of rules" all in the name of a shiny coin.

I am merely asking in this rant thread what we as a community should now do as a proactive approach.

do we need to push for full legalization?  do we need a fundraising effort for that? because I could get behind that if it was written correctly

especially if it were to incorporate p2p and address cannabis availability regulations and methods approved for extractions.