Smell

Robman

yes.

the smell of cannabis is enough for further cause to investigate.

some townships will knock with their hands, verify your card and leave you alone... some will use a battering ram and ask you to explain it to the judge.  truthfully it just depends where you live.

my advice..

do one of two things.

1) stop the scent.

2) find a dead skunk on the roads every week and make sure to drag it back to your street so that smell is more obnoxious.

good job robman.. its dangerous to allow scent out.. not just from LEO but those who might wish to seek your hard work by theft.

Edited by mibrains

I grow upstairs in my house.  I know that's not an option for everyone.  Just putting it on the second floor solves almost all of my scent problems.  I have an elderly gentleman friend that doesn't use MMJ and every time he came over for a long time I asked him if he could smell it.  (He knows I grow.)  He tells me he can't smell it when comes into my house, but he did when I was growing downstairs.

You can draw your own conclusions from that.  I'm fortunate enough to live alone in a large house (3 bdrm 1350 sq. ft.) where I can utilize any of the space for whatever I want.

it was my filter was too old, i have been using the same filter for like 3 years, i know im an idiot, but got a new one and alot bigger so  im pretty sure i should be alright, my mom came over and she doesnt smoke and  there is no marijuana where she lives, and she said she couldt smell anything even in the house,  my grow is downstairs, but before when she would come over she could smell it in the driveway :startle:   i think my fan and filter was too small for my room, i have a 10ft by 10ft room i was using a can 33  and a 448 cfm fan, ive since upgraded to a 736 cfm  i believe 7 something and a can 100

it was my filter was too old, i have been using the same filter for like 3 years, i know im an idiot, but got a new one and alot bigger so  im pretty sure i should be alright, my mom came over and she doesnt smoke and  there is no marijuana where she lives, and she said she couldt smell anything even in the house,  my grow is downstairs, but before when she would come over she could smell it in the driveway :startle:   i think my fan and filter was too small for my room, i have a 10ft by 10ft room i was using a can 33  and a 448 cfm fan, ive since upgraded to a 736 cfm  i believe 7 something and a can 100

Your fan was 30% of what you needed.  Filter every 30 seconds. Swap it out every 18 months to 2 years.

I grow upstairs in my house.  I know that's not an option for everyone.  Just putting it on the second floor solves almost all of my scent problems.  I have an elderly gentleman friend that doesn't use MMJ and every time he came over for a long time I asked him if he could smell it.  (He knows I grow.)  He tells me he can't smell it when comes into my house, but he did when I was growing downstairs.

You can draw your own conclusions from that.  I'm fortunate enough to live alone in a large house (3 bdrm 1350 sq. ft.) where I can utilize any of the space for whatever I want.

I agree. I've done that too.  The air movement up high moves the odor, so you can't smell it, or if you can, you can't tell where it's coming from.

Basement grows seem to stink the most.

• 1 month later...