Michigan Compassion: Michigan Court Of Appeals Decision Impacts Cancer And Pediatric Patients

there is a DEA paper a few years old carving a special illegal nitch for oil.  Someone passed it to me a few days ago.  I would guess the CoA was aware of that paper, and when Carruthers original attorney said in court that the brownies were made with oil, well, that was that.  And that was an error.  They already had a position paper to follow to counter the oil claim.... provided by the Feds.

There was an article in the last day or so about the same issue in Arizona.

The consensus seems to be that you want them to be able to test and 'find' cannabis among the product.  Their tests are expensive and not that sensitive.  Don't be braggin' on using pure 'oil' to cook or make things with.  I guess the process needs to be a bit cruder in order to try and be legal...

like the Firesign Theatre used to say: Everything You Know Is Wrong

Is a cup of coffee a direct preparation of the coffee bean?

I for one am skeptical that liquid coffee actually comes from the coffee bean.  I think all coffee drinkers on the COA, just to prove where the stuff came from, should have to put coffee grounds or beans back in their cup of coffee before drinking/eating it. 

It is that stupid.  To claim that there is no way to test the cannabis extract is even more willfully ignorant.

Actually they're seeds, which come from the fruit sometimes called coffee cherries. From Ethiopia originally. Now 45% grown in S.America. Didn't make it to N.America till 1723. Just before the War of Independence.

How about a cup of tea? The idea is to keep the leaves out of it. Oh yeah, and it has an affinity to the Canabinoid Receptors also. Originating in China, which [we?] used to trade Opium for.   

Edited by solabeirtan

Exactly plain as day and if they cannot see it there is one of two things or possibly a combination of both

1 Your an idiot.......

2 You know better and are trying to undermine the protections of the law  and thats even worse than being an idiot.......

I do agree with part of #2 but the idiot part i don't because they know how to slow down the movement and now they can arrest  more people then before 

arrest have been up almost 400% since 2009 i can look it up if you need to see it because i did a few weeks ago and by the time this case makes it to the High Court if it does that will be years down the road at least 2 years that number will grow (pun intended) 

Our federal government decided that hemp, marijuana, and marihuana were all the same; cannabis was cannabis regardless how it was used. After the government was sued by hemp producers, the starks, seeds, and roots were removed from the definition of illegal cannabis. The resin from all parts of the plant (even those parts that were now legal) was still illegal.  

What the MMMA did was kept what was legal, legal. Additionally, it made the flowers and leaves of the plant legal, in also allowed the preparations made from flowers and leaves. Preparations like simple oil and butters are created by extracting not just what's on top, but the components of the whole plant. Any and all preparations that used the "whole" leaf or flower should be allowed.

The pure resin was not backed into the mix. Pure resin is listed by the DOJ as hash. Hash is defined as the THC-rich resinous material of the cannabis plant, which is collected and dried.

MCL 33.7106 (which is based on federal law) even states that the seeds, stalks, and items made from such are okay, but not just the resin extracted from those parts.

(3) “Marihuana” means all parts of the plant Canabis sativa L., growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or its seeds or resin. It does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks, except the resin extracted therefrom, fiber, oil or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination.

Edited by Ms Chocolate

Hashish

Hashish consists of the THC-rich resinous material of the cannabis plant, which is collected, dried, and then compressed into a variety of forms, such as balls, cakes, or cookie-like sheets. Pieces are then broken off, placed in pipes, and smoked. The Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and Afghanistan are the main sources of hashish. The THC content of hashish that reached the United States, where demand is limited, averaged about 5 percent in the 1990s.

Hashish Oil

The term hash oil is used by illicit drug users and dealers, but is a misnomer in suggesting any resemblance to hashish. Hash oil is produced by extracting the cannabinoids from plant material with a solvent. The color and odor of the resulting extract will vary, depending on the type of solvent used. Current samples of hash oil, a viscous liquid ranging from amber to dark brown in color, average about 15 percent THC. In terms of its psychoactive effect, a drop or two of this liquid on a cigarette is equal to a single “joint” of marijuana.

I do agree with part of #2 but the idiot part i don't because they know how to slow down the movement and now they can arrest  more people then before 

arrest have been up almost 400% since 2009 i can look it up if you need to see it because i did a few weeks ago and by the time this case makes it to the High Court if it does that will be years down the road at least 2 years that number will grow (pun intended) 

You dont need to look it up for me Bob....... I am very aware of what is going on here.

The name hashish comes from the Arabic word ( حشيش ) which means grass, It is believed that hashish originated in Western Asia (also called the Middle East or Near East) and south Asia (the Indian subcontinent) where the cannabis plant was widely available.

Northern India has a long social tradition in the production of hashish, known locally as Charas, which is believed to be the same plant resin as was burned in the ceremonial "booz rooz" of ancient Persia.[ IRAN ]

Cannabis indica grows wild almost everywhere on the Indian sub-continent, and special strains have been particularly cultivated for production of "ganja" and "hashish" particularly in West Bengal, Rajasthan and the Himalayas.